FM15 'Big' Euro Challenge

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Season 13 -- 2027-28

Primeira Liga

Well to keep up our record it was only right that we improved once again on last season's finish. Sixth place last year, second this year! We started brilliantly and had a good second period of the season before suffering a woeful spell over the Christmas period.

But we recovered and although we came nowhere close to replicating our fine runs in the domestic cups last year - infuriatingly losing on the road to Maritimo. But like I say we got back on track in the league and just about kept pace with runaway leaders Benfica right up until our head-to-head at home.

In what was billed as a potential title-decider we came back twice to pull level before their left-winger snatched a win in the 92nd minute. The defeat took the wind out of our sails and we then lost to Setubal and Nacional, dropping down to 4th. Thankfully a huge win at Porto fired us back up to 2nd and we sealed the runners-up spot with a 6-0 thrashing of bottom club Olhanense.

All in all it means we're in the Champions League!

High point: 2-1 win at Porto in the penultimate game of the season to leapfrog them

Low point: The Christmas/New Year slump

Competitions Overview

Squad

Alfredo Henriques remains the main man and came third in the POTY award, while on the other flank Antonio starred too. They're both great. Four seasons of brilliance for Henriques and six for Antonio. Henriques also collected his fourth consecutive Fans' POTY award.

They had a blip around Christmas (homesick perhaps?) but Jacob Navarro and Vicente Serra were a big reason for our success this year.

Serra picked up the most MOM awards in the division, set a new club record in the final game of the season. Navarro, meanwhile was superb in the false nine role, collecting 17 assists in all competitions

At the back Carlao came in and established himself as his our best centre-back and Samir Espinoza made the roaming playmaker role his own. It's great to have two rising stars in our first XI. Jose Chacon also impressed for the most part.

Squad Stats (sorted by Ave Rating)

Admin

We won the fair play award and I picked up the manager of the year award, while Henriques, Antonio and Serra made the team of the year. And the bad news - our facilities have been downgraded and the new stadium is delayed. Boooooo!

In league news, surprisingly Setubal parted company with Zinedine Zidane, the man who led them to last year's league title.

We set a new average attendance record (up to 4,974 from 4,910)

Commercial Summary

Best XI

All-time Best XI

Previous Seasons

Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4 | Season 5 | Season 6 | Season 7 | Season 8 | Season 9 | Season 10 | Season 11 | Season 12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

150px-B%C3%BCy%C3%BCk%C5%9Fehir_Belediye_Erzurumspor.jpg

2021/2022 Season Review

Back to League 1!

League Table

So yeah, a pretty miserable season, finishing last, giving up the most goals and scoring the second fewest. There were a few bright spots, we earned draws at Fenerbahce and Galatasaray and a win over Besiktas but also some disasters including a 0-7 loss to Genclerbirligi and a 1-11 drubbing to Gaziantepspor.

Leonardo Diaz was pretty bad in goal and got supplanted by a 20 year old Croatian, Verdan Glavina, who was marginally better at least.

Josep led the scoring, but only with 7. Ben Gozlan added 6, Vedat Budak, Hayrettin Sahin and Dario Capan all scored 5. Capan also led the team in assists with 6.

Turkish Cup was also a disaster. We beat a scrub team in our first match, then fell to League 2 side Altay despite dominating the game, so we failed to reach the group stage.

With upgrades to our youth facilities and recruiting, we drew in a couple of good young players who should be able to contribute next season.

Murat Ozturk is a nice looking two footed center back from Erzurum.

Ali Tekin is a left footed AMC with some nice passing skills. We're starting to accumulate AMCs so I may try adopting a formation to take advantage of that.

So yeah, this will be a busy offseason with a lot of players likely leaving. At the very least I need to get rid of some of the extra foreigners we currently have. Ideally I'll keep either Gozlan or Josep, Capan and one of my goalkeepers but we'll see. On the bright side, we're in great shape financially and our budget hasn't been reduced.

We intend to be right back up...

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Pre-Season 2028-29 | Season 14

Primeira Liga

| Transfers |

Another really tough summer. The Champions League cash has yet to find its way into my pursestrings, meaning I had a tiny wage budget increase and that's about it. I foolishly spent a big chunk on Loties before sorting out the rest of the squad and consequently I went into the new season with more fixtures and a much smaller squad.

Stanislav Afanasyev (GK)

Jos Yahia (D/WBR)

Gilles Brunel (DM/MC)

Taras Smirnov (M/AMR)

Edson Alves Ramiao (M/AML)

Rolando Loties (AML/ST)

Afanasyev will compete for the No.1 shirt but probably start as back-up, while Yahia will probably edge out the skipper Bernardo Carlos at right-back. Brunel is a great defensive midfielder but I just need to train him to be more comfortable in the CM position before we can talk about displacing Samba Diallo.

On both flanks I added quality despite the brilliance of Henriques and Antonio over the last few years. Smirnov is an excellent right-winger, while Ramiao joins from Benfica and should be a good rotation option on the left. He also picked up a debut for Portugal, making him our first ever Portuguese international :)

Finally you've got Loties, who will joust with Serra and Navarro up top. Hopefully he'll bring goals.

Finances

Squad Numbers

ScreenShot2015-02-18at120744_zps4dead4df.png

ScreenShot2015-02-18at134940_zpsf5803bb1.png

Not the worst draw but also no whipping boys in there. This will be tough to come out of and I'd be delighted with anything other than a fourth-placed finish tbh.

Machico Season 13 - 2028-29 - October Update

ScreenShot2015-02-19at122138_zps87ddf6d0.png

Three more games than what we're used to at this stage and it's told. We've won just twice and in narrow circumstances and clearly been involved in too many draws. ALL 1-1 too, weirdly. I'm attributing our poor start in the league to the lurking Champions League campaign and heavy losses to Academica and Setubal were devastating tbh. We need to come top three this year so we've really gotta buck our ideas up.

Europe has been fun so far though, grinding out a draw in our first game with Shakhtar before somehow taking the lead at Man City and clinging onto a point. We have a chance!

ScreenShot2015-02-19at122151_zpsc27614aa.png

Eighth in the league isn't terrible considering and Vicente Serra has been in fine form in fairness to him. We're just weak at centre-back and in goal and look as though we'll struggle until I get some investment. Hopefully that'll come in January to prevent this season being wasted.

ScreenShot2015-02-19at122208_zps63622ad8.png

The group is incredibly tight and with two points we have a chance. The double-header with Schalke will decide a lot and we need a win from one of those two games if we're to stand a chance of extending our European campaign into 2029.

We've started the new season pretty badly, so much so that I had players calling a team meeting to discuss my performance (their names were duly noted and they are on the likely-to-leave-in-the-near-future list).

But I think we have turned a corner now:

u7C4V8V.png

Future European champions 4, current European champions 0.

Nuova_Cosenza_Calcio_zps3c7640df.png

Nuova Cosenza - Season 2034-35

Italian Cup

Johan Nijhuis set us off to a good start against Udinese, but Michel Onana got sent off and then an injury to Frank Rossl reduced us to nine men. Udinese unfortunately grabbed a late equaliser, and though we did have a potential winner ruled out for offside, the man disadvantage hit us in extra time.

Cosenza 1-3 Udinese AET

Serie A

A disappointing start to the season knocked us back. We need to be firing on all cyclinders all the time to catch up with Juve, and on this occasion, they were well clear when we started playing well. Second.

Table | Graph | Fixtures

UEFA Champions League

First round of the Champions League stuck us against Real Madrid, Ajax and PAOK. The Greeks were up first, and a goal from Deiana in the 30th minute proved enough there. Ajax at home next, and, though we fell behind in the first half, we woke up eventually to get the points thanks to a quick double from Serre, a volley from Meisel and a header from Molina. We were poor in the away leg at Madrid, but back in Italy Deiana hit a magnificant hat-trick to keep us on track, and the French-Qatari was able to repeat the feat in the next match against PAOK, with Maddox also netting in that game. With the final match deciding who would get the top-spot, we were poor against Ajax and condemned to second place.

That meant one of the group winners, and it turned out to be Manchester City. All went well at San Vito - former Man United player Maddox tapping in our first goal and Cela twice getting free at corners to make it 3-0. No need to be silly at the Etihad then, and although City did get one goal back, we held on over the 90.

The next round at Bayern Munich started badly when Ferrigno managed to get two yellow cards within the first 5 minutes of the match (in fact, the two cards came within 30 seconds of each other). It improved slightly when a very dodgy penalty decision went our way, and Sanda-Nadebe gave us the lead, a lead Deiana doubled a few minutes later. Bayern did manage to get an away goal unfortunately, so another defensive job would be needed at the Allianz. It came too, with former Bayern academy graduates Olaleye and Hamann combining to keep them out and keep us in the tournament.

Off to Porto for the semis, but a poor performance in the away leg meant we would need a good comeback at San Vito. We huffed, and puffed, and Deiana headed in our opening goal late in the first half. Cela got an equaliser late on, and then Deiana prevented extra time with yet another header. And we were in the final.

Group E: PAOK 0-1 Cosenza | Cosenza 4-2 Ajax | Real Madrid 2-1 Cosenza | Cosenza 3-0 Real Madrid | Cosenza 4-1 PAOK | Ajax 1-0 Cosenza

Cosenza 3-1 Man City

Cosenza 2-1 FC Bayern

Porto 2-3 Cosenza

FINAL XI: Olaleye, Ferrigno, Hamann, Cela, Sanchez, Hancock, Sanda-Nadebe, Onana, Meisel, Wigg, Deiana

Subs: Wallace, Molina, Corradini, Gabric, Cech, Nijhuis, Maddox

Well, it had to be them. Winners of Serie A eight out of the last nine seasons, the last Italian club to win the Champions League five years ago. Juventus. Again we meet.

Almost four minutes gone in Athens. Corner for Cosenza. Onana to take. Sends it in. Cela unmarked at the near post! 1-0!!!

Thirty minutes gone. Hancock sends a good opportunity wide. Still leading.

Half time. Olaleye and co staying solid at the back.

Fifty-five. Sanchez concedes a free-kick. Booked. Shot just wide! A let off.

Sixty-five. Keeping their shots off target.

Seventy-one. OH NO! Awful tackle by Sanchez. Ref has to give him a second yellow. Silly boy.

Eighty-five. Eighty-six. Eighty-seven. Juve shot wide.

Ninety. Three on the board.

Ninety-one. We've got a corner.

Ninety-two. Another corner.

Ninety-three. Yeboah makes a clearence, Ferrigno beats Beckmann to it, IT'S OVER.

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

Cosenza 1-0 Juventus

UEFA_CL_Trophy_30mm_pin_zps3da42b61.jpg

Squad

Transfers

Team of the Year

GK 13 Hassan Olaleye (GER) - Solid in goal. Goalkeeper of the Year 2nd place, Champions League Dream Team, Team of the Year

DR 2 Emanuele Ferrigno (ITA) - Reliable right-back

DC 4 Markus Hamann (GER) - Star player, definitely our best defender since Roberto's glory days. Defender of the Year 2nd place, Champions League Dream Team, Team of the Year, Fans Player of the Year

DC 5 Edmond Cela (ALB) - Very dangerous from the header, scoring a slightly important goal or two. Champions League Dream Team

DL 12 Vinko Bago (CRO) - Rotating defensively with Sanchez

MR 16 Chris Hancock (ENG) - Stronger of our two right wingers.

MC 6 Michel Onana (CAM) - Remaining a key player at centre-mid

MC 29 Safiou Sanda-Nadebe (TGO) - Came in the summer and displaced Jan Meisel.

ML 8 Alain Serre (FRA) - Injury blighted season, but still looking good.

ST 9 Emmanuel Deiana (FRA) - 33 goals in 45 goals. If Markus is the star, Emmanuel is the headline maker. Young Player of the Year, Champions League Golden Boot, Champions League Dream Team,Serie A Top Goalscorer 3rd place, Cosenza Top Goalscorer

ST 10 Zach Maddox (CRO) - 13 assists making up for spotty goalscoring record.

S GK 1 Marley Wallace (BRA) - Cup match

S DC 14 Jose Gaspar Molina (ESP) - Young developing defender acting as a backup

S ML 25 Lee Wigg (WAL) - Getting regular runs in the team due to Alain's injury.

S ST 24 Johan Nijhuis (NED) - Big disappointment, a passenger for much of the season. As many goals as Zach, with less assists despite big transfer fee.

S ST 15 Ricardo Monteiro (POR) - Occasional striking option.

S DL 3 Nahuel Sanchez (ARG) - Played about the same as Vinko.

S ST 19 Frane Gabric (CRO) - Reserve.

Best XI: Wallace, Cech, Roberto, Cela, Toth, Luperini, Agaliotis, Meisel, Facchinetti, Maddox, Yaran

Subs: Olaleye, Solini, Gomez, Gabric, Oddi, Kraus, Gillespie

Me

Cosenza

2022/2023 Season Preview

Transfer History

A busy offseason as expected with several foreign players offloaded to fit League 1 requirements. I decided to move Josep as Ben Gozlan is pretty similar and two years younger. Josep gets to return to the Super League to play for Karabukspor. I also moved three players to Super League side Karsiyaka, one reluctantly in Nuri Yildiz, one of my young center back pair. The other one, Murat Buyukduvenci, is pretty unhappy that I haven't tried selling him but no one has approached me about him so too bad.

We ended up raiding Uzbekistan to take advantage of the Turkish foreign player clause. I'm quite excited about the acquisition of Jaloliddin Muxitdinov, a 23 year old model professional striker. Bringing him in made it easier to let Josep go. He's been one of the better scorers in his league. I also added a center back from Uzbekistan, Islom Maxmudov. A 20 year old center back, he was just called up to the national team for the first time. We added one more Uzeki player, another striker and a member of their U20 team, Igor Yo'ldoshev. He's heading back to Uzbekistan on loan.

I made one other major signing, another center back to challenge Maxmudov, 19 year old Kenan Kahraman, signed from one of our league competitors, Elazigspor. We also brought in Eray Birnican, a veteran goalkeeper to act as a backup to our young Croatian keeper. Glavina is playing for the Croatian U21 side so Eray will get some playing time.

I think we're in good shape to bounce back up. Much of the team that go us up the first time is back and more experienced and I think we've found good replacements for the teams we've lost. Anything less than promotion and reaching the Turkish Cup group stage this year will be a disappointment.

Machico Season 13 - 2028-29 - January Update

ScreenShot2015-02-21at230855_zpsa70ec5cd.png

After all the draws, this period was about juggling European football and getting back on track in the league. Unfortunately it didn't really happen barring the Boavista thrashing. Or at least it didn't until after we were knocked out of the Champions League. We actually didn't shame ourselves in a pretty tough group but did finish 4th meaning there was no follow-up Europa League campaign. We're just not quite ready for the extra demands of Europe yet.

Thankfully we got back on track domestically and look good in the domestic cups. We've got a good chance in both and a quarter final away at Benfica in the Taca de Portugal.

ScreenShot2015-02-21at230843_zps983cdaea.png

Vicente Serra's been our main man this season and he's collecting goals and assists up top. Good to see. Now we need to kick on in the league and get back into Europe.

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

Batman PetrolSpor 2027/28 Update

The Club

Manager Profile | Staff | Team Report | Information | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

New stadium announced. B. Petrolspor Stadium will have 19939 seats at a £15M cost. We had more than that in the bank, but the board decided to burden us with a £15M loan (+£8,5M interest), which we will be paying off until 2038. Had they paid up front for the stadium we wouldn't have made a profit and thus we would have paid less in taxes.

Spor Toto Super League

Predicted finish: 3rd

Actual Finish: 2nd

League Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

We had a terrible start and then somehow recovered to finish in second place. The highlight of the season has to be the unbeaten second half.

Ziraat Turkish Cup

Final

We stumbled into the final, where we lost 1-0.

Champions League

Group Stage

Our group consisted of holders Liverpool, Porto and Lyon, and we duly exited in fourth place.

Squad

Squad Screen 1 | Squad Screen 2 (forgot to take these)

Most Appearances: Hakan Bülbül (45 starts)

Top Goalscorer: Yiğit Konuk (29)

Most Assists: Yiğit Konuk (9)

Highest Average Rating: Melih Altuntaş (7.25)

7.00 and over club: Eşref Baran, Gökhan Köksal, Zekeriya Turan, Polat Çakırca, Ahmet Alkan, Tekin Bingöl, Kemal Efe, Daniel López, Jules Ebwelle, İbrahim Özdemir, Orhan Çiçek, Veysel Baydemir

I think I'll change this to the 7.10 and over (or maybe even 7.20 and over) club next year to limit the amount of screenshots I have to take. Konuk finished as the Super League Top Goalscorer, thus adding another accolade to his collection.

Previous Season Goals

Retain the title - Failed

Save up for new stadium - Success

Replace leaving players adequately and strengthen cheaply - Success

Next Season Goals

Group Stage of CL or beyond First Knockout EL

Begin building a new squad to in preparation for our stadium move

Ensure that the loan taken out by the board doesn't affect us too much

Career

|  Season  |    League    |  Position   |     Cup     |    Europe   |  Avg. Att.  | Season Tickets (Change) |       Achievements        |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  15/16   |    2L Red    |     7th     |   2nd Rnd   |             |     959     |        623   (+90)      |                           |
|  16/17   |    2L Red    |     1st     |   3rd Rnd   |             |    1053     |        645   (+22)      |   Promoted as Champions   |
|  17/18   |    PTT 1.    |     2nd     | Group Stage |             |    2671     |       1527  (+882)      |          Promoted         |
|  18/19   | Super League |    18th     |   4th Rnd   |             |    6698     |       4570 (+3043)      |         Relegated         |
|  19/20   |    PTT 1.    |     1st     |   3rd Rnd   |             |    4447     |       3934  (-636)      |   Promoted as Champions   |
|  20/21   | Super League |    10th     |   4th Rnd   |             |    7545     |       6640 (+2706)      |                           |
|  21/22   | Super League |     7th     |   4th Rnd   |             |    7559     |       6741  (+101)      |                           |
|  22/23   | Super League |     8th     |   Winners   |             |    7807     |       6890  (+149)      |   European Qualification  |
|  23/24   | Super League |     3rd     |  Qtr Final  |  EL 1st KO  |    8095     |       7104  (+214)      |                           |
|  24/25   | Super League |     2nd     |   Winners   |  EL Group   |    9542     |       8742 (+1638)      |      CL Qualification     |
|  25/26   | Super League |     3rd     |   Winners   |  EL 1st KO  |    9941     |       9024  (+282)      |                           |
|  26/27   | Super League |     1st     | Semi Final  |  EL 1st KO  |   10100     |       9115   (+91)      |       League Winners      |
|  27/28   | Super League |     2nd     |    Final    |  CL Group   |   10100     |       9115     (0)      |                           |

Tecmo - Yeah, Konuk is my favourite player by far in this save, so I'm always happy to see him doing well at against some of European football's superpowers. I like how you've been tapping the Uzbek market, which something I never did myself. Hope it pays off and you go straight back up.

GwilymJJames - Congrats on the CL win! Did you win it before? Otherwise congrats on completing the challenge!

Welcome aboard Steff91, good luck :thup:

Romanista - shame you couldn't retain the title but I can sympathise - always so difficult to follow up a great season. Sucks about the cup final too. Still, at least you're back in the CL and the new stadium is positive news, even if they have whacked a massive great loan on the club. This is almost an exact replica of my situation (loan til 2037 for a new stadium). Annoying but good in the long run. Anyway, grats on that second half of the season run :thup:

As for Machico, boy have we turned it around. Going from 9th at the turn of January, we're now 5th and a point off Champions League qualification. Also only five points off leaders Benfica, in a Taca da Liga final against Sporting and one game away from the Taca de Portugal final. We've won 15 of our 19 games since the last update! :D

iacovone - I was mostly annoyed because we easily had the money in the bank to pay everything in one go. I guess at least we're lucky enough to be financially stable (the £400k+ I get every month from transfer fees spread over 48 months should offset the £200k loan repayments and then some. I'm predicting a double for you this season, btw. ;)

steff91 - I'm assuming you know the basics of uploading screenshots. To get a link like this, you go into advanced posting options (next to post quick reply). After you've typed the message you want to appear, you click the little globe appears above your post and you copy and paste your link in the resulting pop-up box. Good luck in Holland!

iacovone - I was mostly annoyed because we easily had the money in the bank to pay everything in one go. I guess at least we're lucky enough to be financially stable (the £400k+ I get every month from transfer fees spread over 48 months should offset the £200k loan repayments and then some. I'm predicting a double for you this season, btw. ;)

WELL. We made two cup finals. Update to come, let's see if you're right ;)

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Season 14 -- 2028-29

Primeira Liga

The trick this year was to balance domestic fixtures with our maiden European adventure and I have to say we failed badly in the first part of the season winning just one of our first five league games. We started our Champions League group encouragingly with draws against Shakhtar and City but lost both Schalke games more or less ending the campaign at the first hurdle. Hardly unexpected though.

During all of this we made progress in the domestic cups and that was the anchor to our season as we eventually recovered in the league. From December onwards we lost just four league games from 23 to turn up the pressure on the leaders and although we didn't challenge Benfica, who retained their title, Porto's late-season collapse led to us pipping them on the final day for Champions League qualification. Simply huge news!

Now to the cups. We made it to both finals, which was a great bonus. In the Taca da Liga we faced Sporting Lisbon in a repeat of the 2027 final, our only other cup final appearance. That day we lost on penalties after a 2-2 draw and this time we fell to a 1-0 defeat. Our players froze on the big occasion.

So the Taca de Portugal saw us up against Porto six days after we leapfrogged them into third and they took revenge in a 3-0 thrashing. We couldn't get a grip and they carved us open time and time again - really gutting and that makes it three cup finals, three losses :(

High point: Beating Porto and Benfica 3-2 in back-to-back games

Low point: Losing two cup finals

Competitions Overview[/url]

Squad

After four years of Alfredo Henriques starring for us, it was time for someone else to step up to the mark and with Vicente Serra appointed vice-captain he duly followed, scoring 32 goals (a Machico record) and providing 20 assists in a stunning campaign up front. He picked up a league high 10 MOTM awards, came runner-up in the player of the year award, won fans' player of the year and made team of the year.

A big reason we went on such a great run in the second half of the season was the loan signing of Salvador Roldan from Valencia. He was exceptional at centre-back and had the ever-dependable John O'Reilly to his side. On his right Jos Yahia eventually moved in front of Bernardo Carlos to claim right-back as his own.

Alfredo Henriques had major competition at right wing this year and he shared the role with Taras Smirnov, who picked up 21 assists over the year.

Serra's partner in crime up front was Jacob Navarro, who while not as consistent as his compatriot, provided excellent foil. On the left, aside from Serra, Edson Alves Ramiao was my player of the year. He's displaced Antonio and looks a huge player for us going forward.

Admin

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Pre-Season 2029-30 | Season 15

Primeira Liga

| Transfers |

After a year of Champions League football and a move to the Machico Stadium, the board finally decided to provide me with some serious cash this summer and I wasn't in the mood for wasting it. I had £12 million to work with and despite toying with the idea of bringing in one big name, I splashed it around, bringing in eight players.

Giga Gogatishvilli (GK)

Michal Kriva (D/DM/MC)

Alejandro Gonzalez (DLC)

Joao Salgueiro (DL)

Norberto Pestana (DLC/ML) - LOAN

Ricardo Ferretti (DM/MC)

Diego Monge (M/AMC)

Joao Teixeira (ST)

We have a goalkeeper who should take the No.1 spot in Gogatishvilli. At the very least he'll sell some shirts with a name like that.

Gonzalez and Salgueiro are my first real dip into the future star market. Previously I've bought players ready to go straight into the first-team squad but this summer I decided to start investing in the next generation. Gonzalez will be sent out on loan for the year but Salguiero will rotate at left-back and be tutored by Pestana who joins on loan from Real Madrid. With over 60 caps for Portugal to his name I've signed a genuine national icon as our new left-back.

In midfield I'm picturing Monge and Ferretti as our central duo, though I reckon Espinoza and Brunel will push them both but we're much stronger there now. Ferretti was picked up for under a million, while Monge cost a bit more but looks a fine prospect. He also has a divine ponytail soooooo...

Finally up front I've added Joao Teixeira, who scored 27 goals for Rio Ave last year. He's just turned 30 so joins Serra and Navarro on the wrong side of that milestone but his quality is still in evidence. Should do well.

Finances

Squad Numbers

ScreenShot2015-02-24at090933_zpsfee9fbd2.png

Urgh. Not the draw we wanted, although other options were equally difficult. I'm worried because we lost both games against them last season in the group stage without scoring a goal. We'll need to be right on top of our game to get past this stage.

ScreenShot2015-02-24at100946_zps544f1e58.png

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

Season 14 Preseason Report

Summer Transfer Window

Transfers

IN: Yavuz will joins and instantly becomes a starter, while Aksu returns to his boyhood club after his team got relegated. Also, keep an eye out for Emre Eser in the future, I've got a feeling he might become a huge player for us.

OUT: The most notable departure is that of Ebwelle, who left after a decade of service. Also leaving for decent fees were his backup Çakırca and youngster Güven Şener.

TFF Super Cup

Winners

Nice 1-0 win, with a goal from Alkan.

Champions League

Fixtures

We won home and away against Rapid Wien in the 3rd Qualifying Round and then exited the CL against Sporting who beat us at home before we beat them in Portugal.

Current First Eleven

GK: Hakan Bülbül

RB: Eşref Baran

CB: Lorenzo Petit - Signed on a free last year, his performances improved a lot towards the end of the season.

CB: Gökhan Köksal

LB: Sertaç Fırat

DM: Kenny Appleyard

RM: Melih Altuntaş

CM: Orhan Çiçek - It's between him and Özdemir for this spot. Currently Çiçek is by far the better player.

CM: Mehmet Yavuz - Replaces Ebwelle and should offer a more defensively-oriented interpretation to the box-to-box role.

LM: Daniel López

ST: Yiğit Konuk

GOPGSK.jpg

Gaziosmanpaşaspor

(Season 19) - 2033/2034

Spor Toto Super League

League%20Table_3.png

Poor poor season, we struggled with the additional Euro Cup fixtures and losing two of our best players from last season.

Transfers

Transfers_6.png

Transfers In - Bought a CB and a MC to cover for the two that left, decent players but nowhere near enough as good as the two that left.

Transfers Out - Acikgoz and Abreu were probably the best CB and MC I have ever had at Gaziosmanpasaspor but both wanted to leave! The others to leave on free transfer were youth players not good enough to join the first team, finally, the others were youth players to go out on loan.

Squad

Squad_7.png

Team Report

GK - Not good enough

DEF - Not good enough

MID - Not good enough

ST - Another decent season from them

Player of the SeasonJorge Espinoza

Ziraat Turkish Cup

Turkish%20Cup_5.png

A decent run which collapsed when my GK got injured after I had made three substitutions, thinking it was the only game, I went all out and lost 2-0 when I could’ve lost only 1-0, even then I couldn’t get a win on the other leg.

Euro Cup

Euro%20Cup_1.png

Amazing cup run, including a majestic away win at Dortmund despite being 2-0 down, in the end we lost to the eventual winners Atletico.

Finances

Finances_6.png

Ouch! Our lack of success this season hurt the finances considerably!

Next Season

Get back into Europe!

Nice Paul. Some way off the top two but good to see you lead the rest of the chasing pack :thup:

For reference, I'm marking it down that the new FM update came in for me today. So in-game it's 11 November 2029 and we're top of the league with eight wins and two draws. I fully anticipate the changes in the update to balls the whole thing up :D

2022/2023 Season Review

Back to Super Lig!

League Table

Well, we made it back up, but it was definitely a struggle, requiring wins in our last two games to grab the 2nd automatic promotion spot. We were pretty much the second best team behind Kayseri all year so we were probably where we deserved to be.

My young Israeli striker, Ben Gozlan, emerged as our leading scorer while usually playing as an inside forward at the AML position in a 4-2-3-1. He netted 20 goals and 6 assists.

Our other main force on offense was Dario Capan. We played the Croatian in an AMC position and he responded with his best season, 6 goals and 12 assists.

At striker, veteran Vedat Budak got most of the playing time and scored 9 goals with 10 assists. The striker I brought in from Uzbekistan, Jaloliddin Muxitdinov, was disappointing at first but seemed to find his way the last third of the season.

Hayrettin Sahin has taken over as my starter at AMR. Nice speed and crossing ability, may look for an upgrade over here next season though, at least for one year.

Baris Ustun was a regular in one midfield spot, typically playing as a deep lying playmaker and serving the role pretty well. Next to him I rotated three youngsters as central midfielders on defensive duty. I'm most excited about a 19 year old I acquired for 30K a few years ago, Kasif Mangu. He's a nice ball winning midfielder.

Serhat Ustun and Huseyin Avcu played pretty well as my starting fullbacks. Ustun in particular helped the defense as one of the leading tacklers in the league.

We had an interesting season with our center backs, overall getting good production out of them. Murat Buyukduvenci spent most of the season sulking because I didn't transfer list him like I promised (I didn't actually promise this). His unhappiness spread through some of the team and I was worried I'd have a mutiny but I think winning kept that in check. Murat's attitude finally started improving after I did list him during the winter transfer and didn't get any offers. He still played pretty well and I'm quite happy I was able to keep him as he's one of my favorite players. Next to him my other Uzbeki player, Islom Maxmudov, showed flashes and also played with the Uzbekistan national team. I think I'm actually higher on our primary backup in the long term though, Kenan Kahraman.

Vedran Glavina started the season for us pretty well in goal before getting knocked out of action for a couple of months with a dislocated shoulder in December. I decided to bring in another goalkeeper during the transfer window and plucked 18 year old Tahir Aldemir from Istanbulspor AS in League 2. He was leading them to a promotion challenge with 7 clean sheets in the first half of the season. (Looks like they only won 2 games the rest of the season). After a couple games by the player who was my backup, I gave Tahir the start and he put up a clean sheet. and then three more before finally conceding a goal. He ended the year as our starter and had 13 clean sheets in 24 starts between the two leagues.

Turkish Cup

Another bad cup for us, losing our first game in a penalty shootout to League 2 side Nazilli. Between that and the player unrest I was getting a bit worried about my job for awhile.

Finances

A very bad year financially with a still substantial payroll and no Super League or Turkish Cup money. Luckily we had built up some pretty good cash so we're still 3+ million on the positive side.

Youth Intake

Not much of interest this year, our best player looks to be Selami Torun, an AMC with good speed and technique who might be useful eventually.

Outlook

Hopefully we'll be able to stay up this season. I'm probably going to make bigger changes this year than I did the last time we were promoted. We'll likely continue using a 4-2-3-1 so I want to find an upgrade at striker. Thinking I might try to find a False 9 type up there since I have pretty good attackers in Gozlan and Capan. I'm also going to be looking for an upgrade at the right wing which means my captain throughout this career, Sefer Sever, will be leaving us. He had slipped into more of a backup role this season anyway but I was happy that he scored a goal in our last game to give him a nice sendoff. Probably looking for a new deep lying playmaker to replace Baris Ustun, a new starting center back to play next to Murat and likely a starting goalkeeper so I don't have to rush Glavina and Aldemir into a starting role yet.

Congrats on the promotion, Tecmo!

How's the update been for you iacovone? I've been on a pretty good run since it came in (though I just started playing again after taking a few days off from the game).

In other news, my laptop just overheated while we were beating Stuttgart 1-0 at their place. |:

Congrats on the promotion, Tecmo!

How's the update been for you iacovone? I've been on a pretty good run since it came in (though I just started playing again after taking a few days off from the game).

In other news, my laptop just overheated while we were beating Stuttgart 1-0 at their place. |:

Started off suspiciously but then went on a three-month run with only 1 defeat, so pretty good all in all!

2023/2024 Season Preview

Definitely busier during this offseason than we were going into our previous Super League season. Brought in several new starters with my plan being to use my younger players as backups and depth.

Transfer History

So several veterans who I didn't think were good enough left on frees. One transfer out as Karabukspor swooped in to take my left back Serhat Ustun.

Several new faces coming in, led by a familiar one, Nuri Yildiz. The center back had a pretty successful stint in the Super League last season with Karsiyaka, but they were relegated because of their inability to score. Ends up working out like a loan stint.

Our most expensive acquisition was a new Croatian goalkeeper, Borna Saka. He started the last three seasons for Eskisehirspor, another team relegated from the Super League last year. I like that he has top flight experience and is still pretty young. My other two young goalkeepers, Vedran Glavina and Tahir Aldemir, will serve as backups this season.

I brought in a couple more Super League veterans to hopefully help us settle in. We brought in a new AMR, Halil Tuna, from S. Urfaspor and midfielder Eray Ataseven from Ankaragucu. I also signed a younger midfielder who I'm hoping can grow into a deep lying playmaker, Hakan Sivrikaya from League 1 side Manisaspor.

We took a bit of a different route in finding a new left back, bringing in a young Portuguese player on loan, Jorge Silva. My transfer budget was getting a bit low when Ustun jumped ship so Silva proved to be a pretty cheap high quality replacement.

Finding a new striker was a bit of a challenge as it seemed the best available ones were straight out of South America and I haven't had good experiences with such players. Ultimately we found our man on a free transfer from Egypt, Mostafa Shaaban. Not the False 9 I was hoping for but a complete forward who has been successful in Egypt's top flight.

So 7 new starters (although Yildiz it's more like 6), I'm hoping that the experience of the new players will help ease the transition. Despite 1000-1 odds of winning the Super League, the team comparison gives me reason to hope as there is very little where we rank last and our defenders actually rate quite well. If we can stay up and actually reach the Turkish Cup group stage again, we should be in great shape moving forward. I like our chances and we have managed to win our first game on the road.

logo.png

Pau FC - Season 13: 2027/28 Ligue 1

a951e04025e9b780d581093a6abd4e4a.png

A slight slip in form means we finish 5th rather than 3rd - but still an improvement on last season. One main negative this year was our pretty poor display in both cup competitions - can't use the excuse that I rotated or was knocked out by PSG in either as I was hoping to get a decent run in at least one of them. It also appears that as a result of cup winners we won't even get Europa League despite finishing 5th - a bit disappointing but because of our finances it will probably be another summer of not being able to strengthen too much so perhaps the lack of Europa League games will be a blessing in disguise and that it will make more sense to try to qualify for CL without even being in EL.

Transfers

Another quiet year with the exception of bringing in Julio on a free. A couple of players left here and there for a bit of cash but nothing that exciting.

Squad pt 1, Squad pt 2

Probably the smallest squad i've used in as long as I can remember - combination of being knocked out of cups early on and the fact a lot of my first team have decent stamina or at least don't seem to get tired too often so a lot of the time I don't need to rotate or use subs so much. A lot of the time as well the subs on my bench are not players I want to bring on over the guys starting. Bram de Gruyter had another good season at CAM, Carlos Soria again very good defensively at CB, Robert Watson did decent at CM/CAM, not the most impressive year for Cesar Pavon who is now 3rd choice striker, Julio did well in his first season as 2nd choice striker and it was yet another good year for Vincent Jardin - not his best year in all honesty but not his best is still very good!

Finances

Yeah really not looking that great. Could have really done with Europa League in the sense it's a bit more money. But not qualifying could be worth it if it results in better league form and us getting 3rd and CL football next season. We're already like 6K over our wage budget cause they cut it half-way through the season - could make it problematic renewing any contracts this season. Could do with selling a player or two really but depends if clubs come in for them.

Not really sure what to expect from next season really. We're good enough to be in and around the position we are now but other sides could strengthen and we could maybe lose players because of our poor finances. Should be an interesting one.

Career Overview

Season     League     Position   French Cup   Coupe de la Ligue   Europe          Other
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    National   14th       8th Round     N/A                 N/A             N/A
2016/17    National   14th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A             N/A
2017/18    National    9th      10th Round     N/A                 N/A             N/A
2018/19    National    6th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A             N/A
2019/20    National    3rd       7th Round     N/A                 N/A             Promoted to Ligue 2! 
2020/21    Ligue 2    15th       9th Round     1st Round           N/A             N/A
2021/22    Ligue 2     9th       9th Round     1st Round           N/A             N/A
2022/23    Ligue 2     5th       8th Round     4th Round           N/A             N/A
2023/24    Ligue 2     2nd      10th Round     3rd Round           N/A             Promoted to Ligue 1!
2024/25    Ligue 1    16th       Finalists     Qtr Final           N/A             N/A 
2025/26    Ligue 1    10th       9th Round     Qtr Final           N/A             N/A 
2026/27    Ligue 1     8th       Semi Final    4th Round           EL Group Stage  N/A
2027/28    Ligue 1     5th      11th Round     3rd Round           N/A             N/A

logo.png

Pau FC - Youth Academy

Kevin Haller, 27, DC/DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=10"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=11"]End of Season 3 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=22"]End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

End of Season 7 Profile

End of Season 8 Profile

End of Season 9 Profile

End of Season 10 Profile

End of Season 11 Profile

End of Season 12 Profile

Season    Division   Appearances  Assists  Goals   MOTM  
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   National      12           1       0      0
2018/19   National      39           2       0      0
2019/20   National      26           1       1      1
2020/21   Ligue 2       35           0       1      1
2021/22   Ligue 2       36           0       0      0
2022/23   Ligue 2       36           1       1      1
2023/24   Ligue 2       37           1       1      0
2024/25   Ligue 1       46           1       2      1
2025/26   Ligue 1       38           0       1      0
2026/27   Ligue 1       53           0       3      2
2027/28   Ligue 1       41           1       2      0
Total                  399           8      15      6    

Summary: Another decent season from Haller who is now club captain. Desperately close to breaking that 400 game milestone.

Abderrahmane Aichour, 25, DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=10"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=20"]End of Season 3 Profile

End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

End of Season 7 Profile

End of Season 8 Profile

End of Season 9 Profile

End of Season 10 Profile

End of Season 11 Profile

2017/18   National      1            0       0      0
2018/19   National     25            2       4      2
2019/20   National     36            2       0      0
2020/21   Ligue 2      32            3       6      1
2021/22   Ligue 2      40            3       0      0
2022/23   Ligue 2      39            3       7      3
2023/24   Ligue 2      41            6       4      2
2024/25   Ligue 1      39            4       5      0
2025/26   Ligue 1      35            1       2      0
2026/27   Ligue 1      54           14       1      0
2027/28   Ligue 1      40            4       3      0
Total                 382           42      32      8    

International:
Algeria U20: 14 caps, 0 goals

Summary: Another decent season from Aichour. Becoming more of a squad player with the competition for places but still managed 40 games and 24 of them starts.

Ahcene Ziane, 27, D/WBRL

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=9"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=13"]End of Season 3 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=21"]End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

End of Season 7 Profile

End of Season 8 Profile

End of Season 9 Profile

End of Season 10 Profile

End of Season 11 Profile

End of Season 12 Profile

2017/18   National      31           4       0      0
2018/19   National      37           2       1      2
2019/20   National      33           5       0      0
2020/21   Ligue 2       37           1       0      0
2021/22   Ligue 2       39           2       0      2
2022/23   Ligue 2       40           4       0      1
2023/24   Ligue 2       43           8       0      2
2024/25   Ligue 1       42           3       0      1
2025/26   Ligue 1       17           0       0      0
2026/27   Ligue 1       11           0       0      0
2027/28   Ligue 1        9           0       0      0
Total                  339          29       1      8    

International: 
Algeria U20: 4 caps, 1 goals

Summary: Barely getting a mention now as sad is it is to see. He's handed in a transfer request - not sure anyone will take him but i'll still keep him in and around the team until his contract expires in a couple of years as he can fill in every now and then as a stop gap.

Vincent Jardin, 24, AMLC/ST

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=14"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=14"]End of Season 2 Profile

End of Season 3 Profile

End of Season 8 Profile

End of Season 9 Profile

End of Season 10 Profile

End of Season 11 Profile

2018/19   National      18           0       4      4
2019/20   National      37           7      31      7
2020/21   Ligue 2       42          10      25      4
2024/25   Ligue 1       45          16      27      3   *ON LOAN FROM OLYMPIAKOS*
2025/26   Ligue 1       38          17      29      5
2026/27   Ligue 1       58          21      52     14
2027/28   Ligue 1       42           9      24      6 
Total                  280          80     192     39    

International:
France U21: 1 Cap, 1 Goal

Summary: Not an amazing season by his standards but still pretty good. Lack of assists this year a bit of a concern but in fairness we scored less goals this year than usual.

Karim Amroune, 26, DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=12"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=18"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=23"]End of Season 3 Profile

End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

End of Season 7 Profile

End of Season 8 Profile

End of Season 9 Profile

End of Season 10 Profile

End of Season 11 Profile

2017/18   National      2            0       0      0
2018/19   National      3            0       0      0
2019/20   National     18            1       3      1
2020/21   Ligue 2      25            1       2      1
2021/22   Ligue 2      29            3       1      0
2022/23   Ligue 2      45            4       0      0
2023/24   Ligue 2      34            5       0      1
2024/25   Ligue 1      27            2       3      1
2025/26   Ligue 1      17            1       1      0
2026/27   Ligue 1      16            1       1      0
2027/28   Ligue 1       2            1       0      0
Total                 218           19      11      4    

International:
Algeria U20: 4 Caps, 0 Goals

Summary: Barely featured this year as a result of a lot less cup games/no Europe etc. Haller stayed pretty fit throughout and had Aichour to fill in at DM most of the time if not so Amroune was barely needed.

Patrick Yidikes, 21, MC/CAM

End of Debut Season

End of Season 2

2026/27   Ligue 1      11            3       2      1
2027/28   Ligue 1      17            1       1      1
Total                  28            4       3      2    

International:
Congo U23: 3 Caps, 1 Goals
    Congo: 8 Caps, 0 Goals       

Summary: Got some more game time although almost all of it from the bench. Would have been nice to give him some starts in cups and garbage Europe games but didn't really have any. He's definitely got potential to at least be at the kind of rotation level Aichour is at but depends whether he's happy to patiently wait to be a part of the team if he develops.

Others

• As a result of a lack of garbage games in cups and Europe this season no players from the youth sides got any minutes. Gerard Vincent has been removed from the regular updates as he wont make it anyway so seems pointless keeping him in. Sent a couple of defenders out on loan to Ligue 2 Creteil and they did alright - not conclusive enough to see whether they'll make it here yet tho.

Alumni

• Portuguese Premier League - Jorge Pereira (Nacional da Madeira)
  • CFA - Sami Denis (Genets Angelet), Louis Lavie (Aviron Bayonnais), Maxime Huguet (Aviron Bayonnais), Olivier Rossignol (Aviron Bayonnais), Xavier Maury (Aviron Bayonnais)

Interesting and kinda cool to see that Aviron Bayonnais seems to just be a who's who of Pau FC Academy rejects :D

Urgh that's not good at all Paul, hopefully you don't get done by the rule changes next season. Looking promising though, 5th's a great finish despite the late slip as you say. I'm pretty confident Pau will be challenging the top three this coming year :cool:

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Season 15 -- 2029-30

Primeira Liga

What a mixed season this turned out to be. The high of sneaking into the Champions League was quickly extinguished as Schalke turned us over in the playoffs immediately. That meant debt was incoming and a rate too quick to even think about.

So I ignored that and focused on the league which began frighteningly well - a massive 5-1 win at Setubal the highlight. From there we embarked on a 14-game unbeaten run (mostly wins) before a bizarre 5-0 loss at home to Kobenhavn in the Europa. Still, we qualified from that group easily enough. At this point fixtures were piling up and the Taca da Liga fell by the wayside. As the least valuable of all Portuguese competitions, this was fine.

We cruised past Aberdeen before narrowly sneaking past Sevilla 5-5 on away goals in the second knockout round. An all-Portuguese quarter-final with Setubal awaited us and despite losing the first leg we won 2-0 at home to move into the semis. All the while results in the league remained positive.

Then came crunch time and a serious injury to our best defender Michal Kriva was the kind of cruelty we just couldn't afford. It meant we started shipping goals at a scary rate and led to a heavy 4-2 defeat at Benfica, a 2-2 draw at Olhanense and by far the worst result of the season - a 2-2 draw with Trofense, who were eventually relegated. We only took a point thanks to a last-gasp couple of strikes too. If we'd won, we'd have won the league. SIGH.

Back to the cups and a 1-1 draw in Bilbao gave us the perfect platform to defeat the Spaniards in the semis and set up a final with Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium. We froze on the big day though, falling to a 2-0 defeat. Thankfully the gods were kind and we beat Beira-Mar 4-1 in the Taca de Portugal to collect our first major trophy at the fifth time of asking.

High point: Winning our first top-flight trophy

Low point: Losing Europa final

Competitions Overview | Confidence Review

Squad

So after missing out on the fans' player of the year for the first time in five years, it was inevitable really that

Alfredo Henriques would respond, and boy did he. He came second in the player of the year award, won the fans' trophy and set a MOTM record. Taras Smirnov, his back-up had a lengthy injury but still contributed.

Our keeper Giga Gogatishvilli did well all year, coming third in goalkeeper of the year, while Michal Kriva excelled all year at centre-back, winning the divisional award for the position, alongside loanee Salvador Roldan who is simply brilliant. Norberto Pestano also arrived on loan, from Real Madrid, and is a fantastic full-back, I'll be looking at bringing him in permanently in the summer.

Omar Morquio arrived in October and was unavailable for the first period of the season but shone in central midfield when he was eventually registered. Outside him, Edson Alves Ramiao had another productive year, while the captain Vicente Serra weighed in with a combination of goals and assists.

Samir Espinoza was given the task of roaming playmaker this year and started superbly before tailing off somewhat but he's still young and is a good player at this level. Joao Teixeira came in during the summer but injury stalled his progress before he found form and made the provisional Portuguese World Cup squad. Sadly he was cut from the 30.

Admin

Manager of the year again was won again so that was great. Aside from this there's very little to tell you about on the admin side. Prize money has dug us out of a financial hole but we've only been given about £1m to spend in the summer. Our youth facility upgrade was completed in November but we'll need constant Champions League qualification if we're to find the money to keep making improvements.

We set a new average attendance record (up to 17,280 from 10,907)

Commercial Summary | Commercial Summary 2 | Best-selling Shirts

Best XI | All-time Best XI

Club Overview | General | Facilities

Previous Seasons

Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4 | Season 5 | Season 6 | Season 7 | Season 8 | Season 9 | Season 10 | Season 11 | Season 12 | Season 13 | Season 14

Ah so once again we fall at the first Champions League hurdle. We beat Dortmund 2-0 at home in the first leg of the playoff, which I thought would be enough...it wasn't. We got hammered 5-0 in Germany to send us into the Europa League once more. To make matters worse, Morquio was sold to Real Madrid for ~£20m. A great deal for the club but he was our best player :(

284f978c5286503e5daae6f767430a81.png

Made a few free transfers in pre-season. Manuel Peters as a back-up/rotation DM and CM and Rigoberto Lecefel was a back-up/rotation CAM. Angel Perez was initially signed as a 4th choice striker as I felt I needed the depth with injuries to 2 of my 3 strikers in pre-season, however he's actually been our top scorer so far and is one of the first names on the team sheet now.

717346600c58e808f4e0fb60734244de.png

Pretty good run of 7 wins, 3 draws and just 2 losses so far in the league. The highlight so far being a nice 5-2 win over RC Lens and the 3-2 away win over FC Nantes. We've not actually played the two big boys in Monaco or PSG yet or AS Saint Ettiene either so I think our very high league position is slightly flattered by that but it's still very good as we're in 2nd place with the same number of points as 1st and 3rd. We've just got past Lyon in the 3rd round of the Coupe de la Ligue with Robert Watson getting all 4 in a 4-0 rout.

182ba2c7971c48ec37204f19d6eb4835.png

Paul - Looks like you're improving steadily, hopefully the lack of European football this year will help you in domestic competitions.

iacovone - First off, congrats on the cup win! Even if you didn't win, reaching the EL final should still be huge for both your and Portugal's coefficients. I reckon you're right on the edge of becoming the top team domestically, as a lot of the players you're able to attract wouldn't look out of place in top CL sides. You might have to take the Porto/Benfica approach of developing and selling big to compete financially at that level, though.

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

Batman PetrolSpor 2028/29 Update

The Club

Manager Profile | Staff | Team Report | Information | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

Big loss due to the extra tax money from last year's profits compounding the money we are spending on loan repayments. I also hired a new HOYD after two consecutive awful youth intakes. The new guy is on a one year contract, so that he can be removed cheaply should he not be up for the task.

Spor Toto Super League

Predicted finish: 3rd

Actual Finish: 5th

League Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

I think this is the first time we've finished below what the media predicted for us. We had a good stat, but our form in mid-season was inconsistent and we had an absolutely pathetic end to our season where we exited both domestic and continental cups and dropped to 5th place.

Ziraat Turkish Cup

Quarter Final

Not good enough.

Europa League

Quarter Final

Our run here is the only thing that slightly redeems this season.

Squad

Squad Screen 1 | Squad Screen 2

Most Appearances: Hakan Bülbül (49 starts)

Top Goalscorer: Yiğit Konuk (33)

Most Assists: Daniel López (15)

Highest Average Rating: İbrahim Özdemir (7.40)

7.20 and over club: Zekeriya Turan, Orhan Çiçek

Previous Season Goals

Group Stage of CL or beyond First Knockout EL - Success

Begin building a new squad to in preparation for our stadium move - Success

Ensure that the loan taken out by the board doesn't affect us too much - Success - Even though we lost a lot of money this season we're still £10M in the black.

Next Season Goals

Win the cup - We're moving into our shiny new stadium this summer, so what better way to celebrate its debut than with an additional trophy in our cabinet?

Better league position - We won't be playing any European football, so we have no excuse to not finish higher than we did this year.

Continue building a new squad - I have several players coming in, while a number of current players will be leaving. It's going to be a busy summer, that's for sure.

Career

|  Season  |    League    |  Position   |     Cup     |    Europe   |  Avg. Att.  | Season Tickets (Change) |       Achievements        |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  15/16   |    2L Red    |     7th     |   2nd Rnd   |             |     959     |        623   (+90)      |                           |
|  16/17   |    2L Red    |     1st     |   3rd Rnd   |             |    1053     |        645   (+22)      |   Promoted as Champions   |
|  17/18   |    PTT 1.    |     2nd     | Group Stage |             |    2671     |       1527  (+882)      |          Promoted         |
|  18/19   | Super League |    18th     |   4th Rnd   |             |    6698     |       4570 (+3043)      |         Relegated         |
|  19/20   |    PTT 1.    |     1st     |   3rd Rnd   |             |    4447     |       3934  (-636)      |   Promoted as Champions   |
|  20/21   | Super League |    10th     |   4th Rnd   |             |    7545     |       6640 (+2706)      |                           |
|  21/22   | Super League |     7th     |   4th Rnd   |             |    7559     |       6741  (+101)      |                           |
|  22/23   | Super League |     8th     |   Winners   |             |    7807     |       6890  (+149)      |   European Qualification  |
|  23/24   | Super League |     3rd     |  Qtr Final  |  EL 1st KO  |    8095     |       7104  (+214)      |                           |
|  24/25   | Super League |     2nd     |   Winners   |  EL Group   |    9542     |       8742 (+1638)      |      CL Qualification     |
|  25/26   | Super League |     3rd     |   Winners   |  EL 1st KO  |    9941     |       9024  (+282)      |                           |
|  26/27   | Super League |     1st     | Semi Final  |  EL 1st KO  |   10100     |       9115   (+91)      |       League Winners      |
|  27/28   | Super League |     2nd     |    Final    |  CL Group   |   10100     |       9115     (0)      |                           |
|  28/29   | Super League |     5th     |Quarter Final|    EL QF    |   10100     |       9115     (0)      |                           |

League Table

Our second go around in the Super League is going better than the first so far. Still have quite a fight ahead of us but at least we're not in the relegation places halfway through the season. No pathetic blowouts yet, worst loss so far was 4-0 at Galatasaray. Our Uzbeki striker Jaloliddin Muxitdinov is our surprise leading goalscorer with 9. Our new Egyptian striker Shaaban has done well with 6 goals and 5 assists. Gozlan has been a bit disappointing, starting out with an injury and never getting going.

I've been pretty disappointed with my midfield acquisitions so I brought in a left fullback on loan from Fenerbahce, Selman Aras. This lets us move our other on loan player, Jorge Silva, into the defensive midfield. I badly need a better defender in the middle and, although Silva has played well at left fullback, he's a better midfielder than the other options I can afford.

The Turkish Cup is going extremely well as we reached the group stage and won our group, beating out Genclerbirligi. We should have a decent chance of getting past the fourth round as well as we're matched up with fellow promoted team Kayseri Erciyesspor.

Archived