FM15 'Big' Euro Challenge

Not the greatest start to life in Sorrento. Two games played in the Serie C cup. Two 1-0 losses and a grand total of 2 shots taken. This may require a serious tactical overhaul. How does everyone normally approach their first season tactics wise? Part of me wants to take a gung-ho attitude and play a high octane pressing counter attacking brand of football but with this years match engine I seriously don't think it's viable. Really struggling to create a good tactic this year.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not the greatest start to life in Sorrento. Two games played in the Serie C cup. Two 1-0 losses and a grand total of 2 shots taken. This may require a serious tactical overhaul. How does everyone normally approach their first season tactics wise? Part of me wants to take a gung-ho attitude and play a high octane pressing counter attacking brand of football but with this years match engine I seriously don't think it's viable. Really struggling to create a good tactic this year.

I'm in my second season and still have no idea what I'm doing tactics wise :)

Apologies for being a little quiet recently. Struggled to get into the Aachen save and getting my head around the new game. As a result i am currently experimenting with a new save a little further south.....

Was wondering where you've been! Excited to see where you'll end up but how did you not get into Aachen? They seem like a great candidate for this kind of challenge!

looks like someone's heading to Italy ;)

Whatever makes you think that??? ;)

ArranoBeltza - i don't really know why i couldn't get into Aachen. They're an ideal club for me for my efforts in this challenge over the years as i tend to look at reviving clubs that have fallen on hard times... (hint, hint....). I think if i am really honest i didn't put enough work into fine-tuning a tactic in pre-season plus i was lax in pre-season scouting and signing players which meant i went into league fixtures with a really poor squad.

my new effort has had more time spent on the tactics and also really cracking on scouting players early doors. An initial bonus of this is that in my first two friendlies i have actually managed to score goals!

robur.jpg

Robur Siena - The Beginning

Robur Siena Società Sportiva Dilettantistica former Associazione Calcio Siena (often referred to as 'Robur' orsimply 'Siena') is an

Italian football club based in Siena.The club last played in Serie B,after being relegated from Serie A in the 2012–13season, and eventually announced their bankruptcy on 15 July 2014,Robur Siena was born and the club entered Serie D for the 2014-15 season.Siena play their homegames at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.The ground's capacity is only 15,725 and is located in Siena itself, whereas its more famousnamesake is located in Florence.

Siena play at the Stadio Artemio Franchi, a multi-purpose stadium in Siena, Italy. The stadium was built in 1923 and holds 15,373. It is named after former Italian Football Federation president Artemio Franchi. In summer 2007, A.C. Siena agreed to rename the stadium into Stadio Artemio Franchi – Montepaschi Arena, to include the name of their main sponsor, Monte dei Paschi di Siena.

Siena_artemio_franchi.jpg

So i am back in Italy, the only country in the 'Big 3' (Spain, Germany and Italy) that i am yet to complete the challenge in. Siena fits perfectly with my club profile as a club that has played at the top level but that has fallen on hard times. The stadium is a little lower in terms of capacity than i would like and a lot older than i would like (see Mannheim, Real Oviedo, Aachen, Le Mans etc) but hopefully it won't hinder me too much.

So there we have it. time to dust off the Italian phrasebook, as we're off to Italy...

Ciao Siena! Il tuo salvatore e arrivato!

Piacenza Calcio 1919

mMGWKoo.jpg

Piacenza - 2015/16 - Italian Serie C/A

Squad | Table | Transfers | Finances

Final position: 5th

Serie C Cup: Group Stage Knockout

Best result: 5-2 away win against Siena

Worst result: 0-1 home loss to Monza

Top goalscorer: Isaac Ntow, 15 (15 in the league)

Most assists: Andrea Schenetti, 12 (12 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Nicola Della Penna 7.23(7.25 in the league)

2015/16 Quick takes:

- A decent season allround. Always just behind the top-4.

- The squad chemistry is awful and they're blaming me because I sold some players.

- Well above media prediction and played well home and away

Players of the season:

D L| Shalva Sanashvili | One of the original players. Will be a huge part of the future succes.

M C | Nicola Della Penna | Bossed the midfield

AM R | Isaac Ntow | Faaaast...

2016/17 Quick takes:

- We've signed the first players for the next season.

- Could we make a push for promotion next year?

- We need to get rid of the rotten apples in our squad. And we have a bunch!

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2, align: center]125px-A_D_Carregado.png

AD Carregado

Season 1: 2015/16 Review[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Club Summary

Projected: 9th

Actual Finish: 1st Rel Stage (4th 1st Phase)

Cup: 4th Round

Finances: €14K (89th POR)

Manager: Nicusor Lung - Confidence

Season Tickets: 124 (NC)

Achievements: 19/105 (18%) - Most Recent: You're on Fire - Win 10 Straight[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2]Competitions

| First Phase | Relegation Phase | Player Stats | Team Stats | Fixtures |[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 30][/TD]

[TD]Campeonato Nacional de Seniores

The league in Portugal is split into two parts, the first phase has eight groups of ten teams each, and you play each team in the league twice. This results in a 18 game round robin, at the end of that stage the top 2 teams from each group go into two Promotion Groups of 8 each, while the bottom 8 in each group stay together in one of eight relegation groups. From the promotion groups the winner is promoted, and runner-ups have a playoff for the last promotion spot. In the relegation groups 2 teams from each are relegated, and the 6th placed teams go into a playoff with 4 of the 8 also relegated.

In the first phase we had a very up and down season, we struggled with results and just didn't seem to gel as we were always chasing the game, in the end we finished the first phase with 28pts from 8 wins and 4 draws in 4th place. That meant we would take 14pts with us through to the relegation phase in 2nd place to start with. Going into the relegation stage we were just hoping to avoid relegation and build some form, I feel like this stage is a bit of a waste for the teams in 3rd & 4th. Couldn't believe it when we started against the top team in our group and won with ease, then we went on a crazy streak actually going through all 14 games without a loss scoring an incredible 56 goals in these matches. No one could keep up with us and we ended up 21 points clear at the tip of the table.

Awards

Manager of the Month:

Taça de Portugal

We entered this competition at the very beginning of the 1st round, we were to travel to Infesta for our first match, and it ended up taking a 90th minute equaliser from Paulico to get us to extra time where no one scored, so off to penalties where eventually one of their players missed and we went through. With such an effort to get through the 1st round I thought we'd struggle in the 2nd round, but Ch. Caparica came to town and we saw a double from Caramelo to win 3-1 and make it to the third round which was already exceeding the boards expectations, I was happy enough with that, but it got better as we drew another home game when Sport Clube Lusitânia were announced as our opponents for the third round. I thought with them travelling to us they would give us a real shot to make it over to the fourth round. We scored three first half goals courtesy of Andre, Caramelo & Lopes led us to victory with two 2nd half penalties settling the game at 4-1, this saw us through to the fourth round and another home match, but this time it was Liga Adelante team Portimonense. A much tougher match ensued here, we managed to hold our own for a stunning hour of battle, but we conceded twice in just 5 minutes and then it was a fight back that didn't happen, Dieb scored a consolation goal in the 80th minute, but we couldn't get the equaliser and went out.

Our Travels

SMT_%2B009.PNG

Around the Traps

Champions League: Man City

Europa League: Roma

Liga Sagres: Porto

Liga Adelante: Benfica B

Campeonato Nacional: To Be Determined

Taca de Portugal: To Be Determined[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2]Players

| Squad | Under 19s | Stats | Tactics | Transfers[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Late Season Transfers

We added 5 players through December and January, but the only one who made a difference to our line-up was Kaka who slotted straight in as our playmaking central midfielder. His role was previously held by Xano, but he really is a huge improvement. The other 4 players are youngsters who will be used as back-ups and as fillers for the U19 squad (I am signing a LOT of U19s given I don't have a reserve squad).

The Players

Goalkeepers

30. Miguel Pinto (GK) - He played in goal the entire season with no injuries to surprise him, he managed a reasonable effort, and has finally opened contract negotiations. Hopefully will be better with some better defenders in front of him.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Conc[/TD]

[TD]Cln Shts[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]36[/TD]

[TD]56[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]6.88[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Defenders

61. Bruno Cardoso (DR) - An impressive season from the right back, along with the right winger this side of the park provided 31 assists during the season, an impressive effort.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]32[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]7.24[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

16. Pedro Branco (DL) - I am amazed how many less assists from the left hand side, the Fullback played great as the more defensive one.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]36[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]7.04[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

51. Wilson Silva (DC) - I paid a lot of money to get him in at the start of the season, I feel he was our best Central Defender by quite a bit, but will be looking for improvements as well.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]35[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]7.11[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

5. Cesar (DC) - The younger half of the pairing is not quite as skilled as the senior, but he is also cheaper, will probably fight for the role next season

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]36[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]7.07[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Midfielders

6. Hugo Amado (MC) - He started the season as the Support CM, but ended up moving back in January to the Ball-winning job as he was joined by Kaka in the midfield of our 4-2-4. He captains the side and leads by example, I feel he will be a good signing and a help to get us promoted next season.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]36[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.14[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

8. Xano (MC) - Was at the back early on, but went to the bench in January when we signed the vast improvement of Kaka.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]19(12)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.78[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

18. Kaká (MC) - The 25yr old Brazilian joined the club in January and went straight into the starting line-up, his stats don't seem to show it, but he was often the player with the assist to the assist.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]13(1)[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.05[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

13. Leandro Filipe (MC) - The youngster is a star for the Under 19s, but will fight with Xano to be the #3 MC in the new season.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]0(3)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.70[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Attacking Mids

10. Tiago Lopes (AMC) - He played every game and scored 15 goals and 11 assists on the season, a huge part of our success, look forward to a new season with him in the role.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]36[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]7.38[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

71. Diogo Andre (AMR) - Our lead right winger, he suffered a small injury late, but played well all season long, switching wings with Petit on occasion.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]31[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]7.34[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

73. Sylvain Petit (AMRLC) - A very versatile player, he started the season on the bench, but ended up in as our Left winger after an injury and excelled so much that he was never replaced after that.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]29(5)[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]7.36[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

17. Paulico (AML) - Yeah he was a gutting signing as he got injured twice in the first season, both quite seriously.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]7(5)[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]7.21[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

27. Marcio Dieb (AML) - He was our back-up winger for a lot of the season and saw some serious play. He will be battling to play next season though.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]4(12)[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.07[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

11. Joao Leonardo (AMC) - The youngster spent the season as Lopes back-up

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2, align: center]125px-A_D_Carregado.png

AD Carregado

Season 1: 2015/16 Review[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Club Summary

Projected: 9th

Actual Finish: 1st Rel Stage (4th 1st Phase)

Cup: 4th Round

Finances: €14K (89th POR)

Manager: Nicusor Lung - Confidence

Season Tickets: 124 (NC)

Achievements: 20/105 (19%) - Most Recent: Unstoppable Force - Most Goals Scored in League (91)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2]Competitions

| First Phase | Relegation Phase | Player Stats | Team Stats | Fixtures |[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Campeonato Nacional de Seniores

The league in Portugal is split into two parts, the first phase has eight groups of ten teams each, and you play each team in the league twice. This results in a 18 game round robin, at the end of that stage the top 2 teams from each group go into two Promotion Groups of 8 each, while the bottom 8 in each group stay together in one of eight relegation groups. From the promotion groups the winner is promoted, and runner-ups have a playoff for the last promotion spot. In the relegation groups 2 teams from each are relegated, and the 6th placed teams go into a playoff with 4 of the 8 also relegated.

In the first phase we had a very up and down season, we struggled with results and just didn't seem to gel as we were always chasing the game, in the end we finished the first phase with 28pts from 8 wins and 4 draws in 4th place. That meant we would take 14pts with us through to the relegation phase in 2nd place to start with. Going into the relegation stage we were just hoping to avoid relegation and build some form, I feel like this stage is a bit of a waste for the teams in 3rd & 4th. Couldn't believe it when we started against the top team in our group and won with ease, then we went on a crazy streak actually going through all 14 games without a loss scoring an incredible 56 goals in these matches. No one could keep up with us and we ended up 21 points clear at the tip of the table.

Taça de Portugal

We entered this competition at the very beginning of the 1st round, we were to travel to Infesta for our first match, and it ended up taking a 90th minute equaliser from Paulico to get us to extra time where no one scored, so off to penalties where eventually one of their players missed and we went through. With such an effort to get through the 1st round I thought we'd struggle in the 2nd round, but Ch. Caparica came to town and we saw a double from Caramelo to win 3-1 and make it to the third round which was already exceeding the boards expectations, I was happy enough with that, but it got better as we drew another home game when Sport Clube Lusitânia were announced as our opponents for the third round. I thought with them travelling to us they would give us a real shot to make it over to the fourth round. We scored three first half goals courtesy of Andre, Caramelo & Lopes led us to victory with two 2nd half penalties settling the game at 4-1, this saw us through to the fourth round and another home match, but this time it was Liga Adelante team Portimonense. A much tougher match ensued here, we managed to hold our own for a stunning hour of battle, but we conceded twice in just 5 minutes and then it was a fight back that didn't happen, Dieb scored a consolation goal in the 80th minute, but we couldn't get the equaliser and went out.

Our Travels

SMT_%2B009.PNG

Around the TrapsChampions League: Man City

Europa League: Roma

Liga Sagres: Porto

Liga Adelante: Benfica B

Campeonato Nacional: Martimo B

Taca de Portugal: Maritimo

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2]Players

| Squad | Under 19s | Stats | Tactics | Transfers[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Late Season Transfers

We added 5 players through December and January, but the only one who made a difference to our line-up was Kaka who slotted straight in as our playmaking central midfielder. His role was previously held by Xano, but he really is a huge improvement. The other 4 players are youngsters who will be used as back-ups and as fillers for the U19 squad (I am signing a LOT of U19s given I don't have a reserve squad).

The Players

Goalkeepers

30. Miguel Pinto (GK) - He played in goal the entire season with no injuries to surprise him, he managed a reasonable effort, and has finally opened contract negotiations. Hopefully will be better with some better defenders in front of him.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Conc[/TD]

[TD]Cln Shts[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]36[/TD]

[TD]56[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]6.88[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Defenders

61. Bruno Cardoso (DR) - An impressive season from the right back, along with the right winger this side of the park provided 31 assists during the season, an impressive effort.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]32[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]7.24[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

16. Pedro Branco (DL) - I am amazed how many less assists from the left hand side, the Fullback played great as the more defensive one.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]36[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]7.04[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

51. Wilson Silva (DC) - I paid a lot of money to get him in at the start of the season, I feel he was our best Central Defender by quite a bit, but will be looking for improvements as well.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]35[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]7.11[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

5. Cesar (DC) - The younger half of the pairing is not quite as skilled as the senior, but he is also cheaper, will probably fight for the role next season

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]36[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]7.07[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Midfielders

6. Hugo Amado (MC) - He started the season as the Support CM, but ended up moving back in January to the Ball-winning job as he was joined by Kaka in the midfield of our 4-2-4. He captains the side and leads by example, I feel he will be a good signing and a help to get us promoted next season.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]36[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.14[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

8. Xano (MC) - Was at the back early on, but went to the bench in January when we signed the vast improvement of Kaka.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]19(12)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.78[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

18. Kaká (MC) - The 25yr old Brazilian joined the club in January and went straight into the starting line-up, his stats don't seem to show it, but he was often the player with the assist to the assist.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]13(1)[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.05[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

13. Leandro Filipe (MC) - The youngster is a star for the Under 19s, but will fight with Xano to be the #3 MC in the new season.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]0(3)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.70[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Attacking Mids

10. Tiago Lopes (AMC) - He played every game and scored 15 goals and 11 assists on the season, a huge part of our success, look forward to a new season with him in the role.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]36[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]7.38[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

71. Diogo Andre (AMR) - Our lead right winger, he suffered a small injury late, but played well all season long, switching wings with Petit on occasion.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]31[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]7.34[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

73. Sylvain Petit (AMRLC) - A very versatile player, he started the season on the bench, but ended up in as our Left winger after an injury and excelled so much that he was never replaced after that.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]29(5)[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]7.36[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

17. Paulico (AML) - Yeah he was a gutting signing as he got injured twice in the first season, both quite seriously.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]7(5)[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]7.21[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

27. Marcio Dieb (AML) - He was our back-up winger for a lot of the season and saw some serious play. He will be battling to play next season though.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]4(12)[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.07[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Forwards

1. Robert (ST) - Our lead striker signed from Brazil, playing as a false nine he drops back a bit, but more as a target man setting up others, most of his goals come from set pieces or broken play.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]21(8)[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]7.35[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

9. Diogo Caramelo (ST) - I love my signing of the 23 year old, but he is second to Robert for now, will look to push past in the off season.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]15(5)[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]6.91[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The Under 19s

Youth Intake

88. Luis Viana YP1 (AMR) - He has some great potential, I also gave him a couple of appearances in the senior side at the end of the season and he got an assist.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]1(1)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.20[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Under19s[/TD]

[TD]4(2)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]6.65[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The Others

Tiago Varela (DM) - The youngster has the highest potential of all our younsters, but I am not sure he will fit our team.

77. Carlos Lopes (AMC/ST) - He can play up front, but at 19 he needs to start battling for a starting role.

3. Diogo Alfredo (DC) - A fairly solid 18 year olf defender, will be hoping to improve in the offseason and battle for game time with the seniors.

37. Luis Rodera (AML) - A lovely younster with potential, but in the over covered winger spots.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assts[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]0(4)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.90[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

All Time Leaders

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #a4c2f4]Caps[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #a4c2f4][/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #a4c2f4]Goals[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #a4c2f4]Assists[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #a4c2f4]PoM[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #fff2cc]Pedro Branco[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fff2cc]36[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]Robert[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]17[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]Diogo Andre[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]18[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]Sylvain Petit[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #fff2cc]Cesar[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]Sylvain Petit[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]16[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]Bruno Cardoso[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]13[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]Diogo Andre[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #fff2cc]Hugo Amado[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]Tiago Lopes[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]15[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]Sylvain Petit[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]12[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]Robert[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #fff2cc]Pinto[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]Diogo Andre[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]13[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]Tiago Lopes[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]11[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]Tiago Lopes[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #fff2cc]Tiago Lopes[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]Diogo Caramelo[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]8[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]Robert[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]4[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]Bruno Cardoso[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #073763][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #c9daf8]Clean Sheets[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #c9daf8][/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #c9daf8]Pass %[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #c9daf8]Discipline[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #c9daf8]R/Y[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #c9daf8]Avg Rating[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #fff2cc]Miguel Pinto[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fff2cc]7[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]Leonadro Filipe[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]84.85[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]Wilson Silva[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]0/4[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]Tiago Lopes[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]7.38[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #fff2cc][/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]Luis Viana (YP1)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]84.09[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]Cesar[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]0/3[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]Sylvain Petit[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]7.36[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]Xano[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]83.36[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]Bruno Cardoso[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]0/2[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]Robert[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]7.35[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]Tiago Lopes[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]83.02[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]Pedro Branco[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]0/2[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]Diogo Andre[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]7.34[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]Magano[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #d9ead3]82.20[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]Tiago Lopes[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #ead1dc]0/1[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]Bruno Cardoso[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #fce5cd]7.24[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2]History

| Competitions | Trophies | [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE=class: outer_border]

[TR=bgcolor: #53AAE6]

[TD]Season[/TD]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]2nd Phase[/TD]

[TD]Cup[/TD]

[TD]Europe[/TD]

[TD]Achievements[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]4th Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Survival[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2016/17[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2]The Future

| Transfers | Projected Finances |[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Leaving: Mauro Mesquita (DRL), Marcio Dieb (AML), Magano (MC)

Joining: Lassano Djalo (GK), Antonio Ferreira (DLC), Luis Barros (GK), Tiago Mala (DC), Simao Miranda (DC)

Wages (at 01/07):

Wage Budget:

Transfer Budget:

Target:

Projection:[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Well I have lined up 3 Under 19s for the team for the new season and also a new Goalie in case Pinto decides to leave, and Miranda who should be in the battle for the starting DC roles, probably going to end up over wage budget before the season starts (Whoops), but I am looking to go for promotion this season, might even go that far on my expectations when the board ask. Looking forward to keeping most of the starting team together and seeing what we can do.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Very nice update Lower League Rules...... eventually :D

Except for the tables for player stats, and the lack of screenshots :p Unbelieveable, so turns out I was screwing it up by copying tables and missing the table end or table start parts, meaning it ended the first table that sets the whole post...whoops...oh well got it sorted now will be sweet by doing it in Notepad/Notepad++ and then copying it over :)

Group 11 and Group 12 of the Spanish Tercera are for teams from the Balearics and Canary Islands repectivly, I think both Ceuta and one of the Melilla clubs are eligible this year too, not islands but Spanish enclaves of Morocco. Arzachena, Budoni, Nuoro, Olbia and Selargius are from Sardinia if thats small enough, there are Sicilian and probably the odd Corsican team in the CFA but I haven't checked.

cded2b7c6a25913f905bab1457c2c183.png

3 league wins, 2 draws and 2 losses made for a pretty decent month as we also put away more lower league sides in the French Cup with absolute comfort. The run of games was rounded off by a 3-1 win on TV against FC Libourne, that also saw Vincent Jardin score his first goal, breaking a club record in the process. We've dropped down slight to 8th but still sit in a good position in the league.

0c8f936405aa3874e3876d431b98e9c5.png

b5427b414350fdb7eeddf99e3d6e8f03.png

Club_Portugalete_zps1d3be91a.png

2015/16 SEASON REVIEW

Manager Profile -- Manager Info

TABLE

First Half Results

Second Half Results

I will start by saying that we didn't do well in the cups, being knocked out in the first round of both the Copa del Rey and the Federations cup. So, let's focus on the important stuff- the league.

We easily surpassed our goal of avoiding relegation. I used a 4-4-2 almost exclusively, occasionally changing during a match. However, unlike my first season with Gernika, this largely was successful. We started off the season with a bang and I was quite excited, before leveling off. We began in the playoff spots and then fell just out of them, before some poor form in January February essentially eliminated us from contention. Toward the end, though, I instructed my team to play more patiently and we did quite well- though not good enough to earn a play-off spot. We were expected to finish in the relegation zone, and I can be proud that we avoided that by quite a bit.

TRANSFERS

Similarly to my first season Gernika team, we began with a thin squad that needed depth. Unlike Gernika, though, we had a number of decent veteran players. I also was able to bring in a number of loanees.

The best of these loan players were Unai Bilbao and Luis. Both of them had contracts running out so I signed them at mid-season and they will become contracted Portu players from their respective teams; I also am confident that, if they're still with us, they can be at least decent at the next level up. I didn't find too many youngsters this year and none of the others (loanees or otherwise) really impressed me too much- some will remain but will be replaced if I can bring in someone better.

I only had one 'keeper going into the season, and I was lucky enough to find a free agent youngster, Diego Gutierrez. He was rated by my scouts at just lower than our 30 year old GK; while 30 is the prime for 'keepers I made Guti my main and he improved as a player a lot over the season. It's possible that, had I started the other guy, we could have won more or allowed fewer goals, but I don't regret my decisions at all.

Up front, I had brought in young striker Denzel. I made him a regular, but he wasn't that consistent. After some injuries and poor form by this guy I played Adrian ahead of him and, even though his natural position was AMC, he scored most of his 11 goals in the latter part of the season. Adrian was quite impressive toward the end.

NEWGENS UPDATE

Honestly, none of the kids that came through my youth system are that great- a few might see some sniffs of the first team but I doubt they'll become much of anything. The best newgen I have is a signing I made, Francisco Borja (DC/DM/MC)- this kid impressed me, improving in almost all of his attributes over the season so I began giving him appearances later in the season. I have high hopes for him!

I also have a couple of newgens that I scouted out and poached coming in next season...but I'll wait for them to come into the team before they're revealed.

GOALS FOR 2016/17

- DEVELOP: We had a number of older players this past season, and I wanted to release all of them (I didn't). Still, though, our goals for next season will probably be to stay up once again- these guys have proven they're capable so I will keep the core the same but look to bring in younger players across the board.

- IMPROVE: We still got some crap from bigger teams, but my late-season switch to more patient instructions helped us. I will tweak the tactics a bit and, while I won't tell the board this, I'll be aiming for a playoff spot.

- STRIKER: I had plenty of decent strikers, but I doubt any can really lead right now. Adrian did quite well for me at the tail-end of the season, but I haven't seen enough of him to know he is the real deal. If I can find a great striker, I will.

A much bigger update than usual as I managed to forget to screenshot the league table at 21 games, so we're going straight to 28 games. Before I post the results and the table, a few news items as it was an eventful few months on and off the pitch, especially for our medical team...

Terrible news financially as despite our relatively modest wage budget, it was decrease by over 3K which has put us around 2K over our wage budget.

64db8a7fd39f9e516f97340dad005d2f.png

We then received terrible news as our first choice striker Sebastien Bouscarrat picked up an injury that would see him miss the rest of November, all of December and the majority of January.

29ea34106c88cbf369cff8f4b0d73b15.png

This looked to be a great chance of for 3rd choice striker 15 year old Vincent Jardin to step up to the plate, unfortunately it didn't take long for him to get injured as well...

7e8872ca4e6a1b38762564351c327ef4.png

It got even worse when 4th striker John Tagoe also joined the injury list for just under a fortnight...

970975ebb61cb08f1ac1bd0b7a40f76a.png

My 5th choice and 6th choice strikers from the U19 squad amazingly were also injured at the same time as Tagoe, which lead to a unprecedented start for 7th choice striker Bastien Blondy, who aside from sounding like a WWE Wrestler, is utter turd. It is ****ing quality that he's actually blonde though :D...

adff962ca941dec0fa8dee26c8e7d6e2.png

Finally a look at our results for the past few months...

5dcd82a9c858ee3c86c788ef9a18679a.png

2nd choice striker Anthony Gaillard did quite well to pick up the pieces and step up with a few goals and assists with Bouscarrat out injured for as long as he was, even CB Floreal Nivert came up with a few goals, including in a 3-3 draw against GF38 where we came back from 3-0 down in the 81st minute to draw it level at 3-3. Also worth mentioning Abderrahmane Aichour who now has 3 in 3 games despite our current poor form by our usual standards, even if we have been playing some of the better teams in the league.

As expected we went out of the French Cup, this time to Ligue 1 opposition in FC Nantes. They did do us a favour financially though as we received our highest ever gate receipts from that game...

2d26fde77b6365d9b2c6384cabfec398.png

The board also did us a massive ****ing favour by randomly investing just under half a million pounds into the club...

abbc7fea7b729a89dfda32ec44c6abd1.png

And this is how the table now looks...

24cb4f5bf0666cec1c2775e7729ed9d9.png

In 9th place again but it is worth noting with 6 games remaining we have a pretty good run of games that we could very well get 3 or 4 wins out of which could put us slightly above the current 9th place.

GOPGSK.jpg

Gaziosmanpaşaspor

(Season 2) - 2016/2017

Transfers

transfers.png

I managed to get rid of a lot of dead wood, only to replace them with more dead wood on higher wages :) From the players I've signed this season, I'll probably only keep two for next season.

Squad

squad.png

The GK is brilliant, the defence is terrible, the midfield is good but their subs are not good and the strikers are terrible. Basically, I need lots of new transfers.

Player of the Season - Captain magnifico! He takes the free kicks, penalty's, corner kicks and he's the top goalscorer with 9 goals"

Team Report - We score in the last 15 minutes after teams have battered us and don't care, we're also physically strong but lazy. Oh and no one wants to score or assist.

League Table

LEaguetable.png

Normally, teams do better than the season before, but not for us! We've gone down in league positions and have just about managed to survive on the last day, despite losing our last two games, as the teams below us were also kind enough to lose, and in addition to that, the last team to get relegated even had a better goal difference than us (Turkish rules look at results between two teams)!

Finally, we also managed to lose the most games, concede the most and ended with the goal difference but HEY WE SURVIVED.

Turkish Cup

cup.png

I lost 3-1 to a non-league team at home, that is all.

Finances

finances.png

I somehow managed to spend more on wages this season than last, however, my saving grace was the amount of money I got from the league for not getting relegated and as I chose to give the team a low bonus for their position, I have thankfully kept most of it.

Future

Try and not be relegated and if possible try and not be relegated a few games before the end of the season.

logo.png

Pau FC - Season 4: 2018/19 French National

e64af20c461472dd90c33bf25d267903.png

A fantastic end to the season saw us win all 6 of our last 6 games, smashing our consecutive win record in the process. Bouscarrat struggled with fitness which lead to Vincent Jardin getting more game time than usual, he ended the season with 3 goals in 5 games, not bad for a 15 year old!

6c70ff7ddb7d359556cab2456ed44422.png

Our best season yet as we improved on last season's 9th place finish by finishing 6th this time. Despite a strong finish we couldn't find that top consistency needed to challenge for the play-off's, despite only finishing 9 points off 3rd we never really looked like threatening the front runners. One thing we need to improve on next season if we are to kick on and challenge for promotion is definitely our performances against the bigger sides, this has been a problem that has troubled as pretty much since day one, we generally beat sides worse than us or of similar quality, but rarely grind out draws let alone beat sides that are better than us, despite my efforts at changing tactics/formations/style of play to make up for these bigger sides as my usual tactic never seems to work against them either. Sad to see FC Libourne go down :(

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=8"]Transfers

Nothing to see here really apart from a few releases, as i've stated in previous updates we've been over our wage budget pretty much all season as a result of being really poor which has lead to be not able to bring anyone in this season. As you'll see in the Youth update, it was another season or giving youth a chance and in some cases even fast tracking player with potential to the first team.

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2"]Squad pt 1, =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=6"]Squad pt 2=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3"]

Star man again this season would be fan favorite =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3"]Floreal Nivert who was a rock at the back, even popping up and scoring a few times, even getting 2 in one game in a fantastic last ditch draw against GF38. A decent season for =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=5"]Sebastien Bouscarrat, not up there with his heroics of last season but he did miss 6 league games through injury and wasn't properly fit for the last few of them hence his sub appearances, his strike partner =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=7"]Anthony Gaillard arguably had a better season as our 2nd choice striker, he didn't score as many but got a **** load of assists and scored some important goals along the way - as you'll see in the youth update, 15 year old Vincent Jardin is hot on the tails of both Bouscarrat and Gaillard for a regular place in the first team. =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=12"]Alaxandre N'Gadi had an average season at CAM really with 7 goals and 10 assists from 37 games.

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=4"]Finances=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=16"]

Still looking pretty terrible, if the board hadn't invested just under half a million during the middle of the season we would be in big big trouble. We do appear to be gradually increasing our income season on season though, as a result of our club reputation slowly increasing and thus ticket prices, match day revenue and sponsorship all gradually increasing season on season. Still not great though lol.

Career Overview

Season     League     Position   French Cup   Coupe de la Ligue   Europe    Other
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    National   14th       8th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2016/17    National   14th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2017/18    National    9th      10th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2018/19    National    6th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A

Youth update to come and its a big one!

logo.png

Pau FC - Youth Academy

Ahcene Ziane, 18, D/WBRL

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=9"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=13"]End of Season 3 Profile

Season    Division   Appearances  Assists  Goals   MOTM  
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   National      31           4       0      0
2018/19   National      37           2       1      2
Total                   68           6       1      2    

Summary: A great season from Ziane who is now our first choice left back without any question. Still quite a lot of room for improvement and he did have one moment of madness where he got sent off, but apart from that a very pleasing season, even getting two MOTM awards which is pretty good for a left back.

Sami Denis, 18, MRC/AMRC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=13"]End of Season 3 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=9"]End of Season 4 Profile

2016/17   National       8           1       2      0
2017/18   National      27           2       0      0
2018/19   National      33           5       1      0
Total                   68           8       3      0    

Summary: More of the same from last season really. He's improved a little bit and got a decent amount of assists, he's still not improved massively considering the amount of first team football he's received especially compared to some of the other youth players breaking through. He got more starts this season as a result of also filling in at CM occasionally.

Kevin Haller, 18, DC/DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=10"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=11"]End of Season 3 Profile

2017/18   National      12           1       0      0
2018/19   National      39           2       0      0
Total                   51           3       0      0    

Summary: I was originally skeptical about having him as my first choice DM but he did a good job this season and is always improving which is nice to see.

Abderrahmane Aichour, 16, DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=10"]End of Season 2 Profile

2017/18   National      1            0       0      0
2018/19   National     25            2       4      2
Total                  26            2       4      2    

Summary: He improved a fair bit this season and half-way through the season I decided that he'd done well enough to earn a spot as one of my first choice CM's. He didn't disappoint and had a great season, getting two MOTM awards and bagging 4 goals. Still repping the Pornstar look as well which is nice to see.

John Tagoe, 17, CAM/ST

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=14"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=17"]End of Season 3 Profile

2017/18   National      13           4       1      0
2018/19   National       8           2       2      0
Total                   21           6       3      0    

Summary: He's now been "demoted" as it were to 4th choice striker with the arrival of Vincent Jardin, but as a result of injuries Tagoe got some game time again this season and tbf to him he did pretty well getting 2 goals and 2 assists in just 2 starts and limited sub time. I don't see him making it at the club especially with the arrival of Jardin but he's got a decent record for us.

Vincent Jardin, 15, AML/ST

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=14"]End of Season 1 Profile

2018/19   National      18           0       4      4
Total                   18           0       4      0    

Summary: A very promising first season for the 15 year old. His finishing is not amazing but he has pretty nice stats elsewhere, enough to make me start him over Tagoe and he definitely has potential to be first team material in the long run if he keeps improving like he is.

Karim Amroune, 17, DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=12"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=18"]End of Season 2 Profile

2017/18   National      2            0       0      0
2018/19   National      3            0       0      0
Total                   5            0       0      0    

Summary: A very uneventful season for him. He's got the potential to be better than Haller but just isn't there yet, its hard to give him first team football especially with Aichour kicking on as well. There's just so much competition for the DM and less creative CM spot in my team.

Yanis Bats, 16, MC/CAM/ST

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=16"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=16"]End of Season 2 Profile

2017/18   National      2            0       0      0
2018/19   National      2            0       0      0
Total                   4            0       0      0    

Summary: Decent stats here and there but is very unlikely he will make it here, got two more sub appearances this season.

Gerard Vincent, DC/DM, 16

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=15"]End of Season 1 Profile

2018/19   National      4            0       0      0
Total                   4            0       0      0    

Summary: I don't like giving first team football to young players at CB or GK but Vincent played the odd game here and there when our first choice defenders were injured. He definitely has potential to kick on and be part of our first team but again as I said, i'm not massively keen on throwing inexperienced players in at CB until they're ready.

Others: =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=19"]Bastien Blondy got 1 start when we had an injury crisis at ST, apart from his hilarious name/actually being blonde, he's really not that great and he has no real chance of making it at the club. =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=20"]Sirina Rouault got a sub appearance during our injury crisis at ST as well, likewise with Blondy, he is very unlikely to make it at the club. =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=24"]Jonathan Lebrun got one sub appearance at DM, again due to our abundance of talent at DM it is unlikely he will make it.

2018/19 Youth Intake: Of the most recent intake there are a few players that could potentially make it at the club. =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=21"]Matteo Maes who is a defensive midfielder that can also play central midfield, I think he might be part werewolf as he has a quite astonishing hair and beard combo for a 15 year old. =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=22"]Bastien Bonnel could potentially one day overtake Sami Denis in his chase to be a starting central midfielder or central attacking midfielder. =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=23"]Thomas Poiret, =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=25"]Lilian Gauthier and =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=26"]Regis Ngoyi are 3 more defensive midfield prospects - Ngoyi has very nice physical stats combined with some good mental stats, Gauthier also looks very impressive mentally for a 15 year old.

Right, I'm back for a third year now and this time I refuse to lose interest in this sometime in my third season. I think i'm going to be heading over to Holland, a nation I have always been interested in managing in but never found a reason to. I'm going to holiday later on and you'll see my opening post later on.

I made the decision to drop Bouscarrat for Vincent Jardin in pre-season as Jardin was doing a lot better, Bouscarrat was also demanding huge wages for his contract renewal which took the **** a bit considering he's past his peak now and most likely on a decline. This decision appears to have paid of as 16 year old Vincent Jardin, alongside Anthony Gaillard are, after 7 games in the season both joint top scorers in the league with 5 in 7 each. I was a bit worried after the first 4 games as after a nervy late win over RC Strasbourg courtesy of an own goal it looked like we were returning to our form of drawing games and losing badly to bigger teams, the 4-2 scoreline with FC Istres flattered us massively as we were 4-0 down at one point. However a 3-2 win over Dunkerque and a 4-0 smashing of US Roan as returned me to some optimism at least! We currently sit in 7th place but the league is very tight and we're just 2 points off of 3rd place and the promotion that would come with it.

3564b76a27caeb878dbe77a6e4086eb8.png

5d771905edccd73573e6c8887413f10e.png

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Season 2016-17 |

Campeonato Nacional: 3a Divisao

| Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Squad Stats |

First Phase |Table[/url]

So, much like our first season, we started the campaign well and ended up finishing in exactly the same position come the end of the first phase. I still have to be hugely thankful to the team for that as I did think the first season was a bit of a fluke. Still, it goes to show that this league is a bit weaker at the first phase stage than maybe I thought. It'll still be tough getting into the top two though.

Relegation Phase | Table

Not as comfortable as I'd have liked and we still could have been relegated with three games remaining. Fortunately a sly team meeting helped push the guys over the edge and to safety.

Squad

Not a huge improvement in the squad, if at all really. Turns out no-one really wants to move to Madeira so I'm rather stuck with a very sameish pool of talent. Still, I feel like we're gradually improving and I've got a couple of academy players who may develop nicely over the next few years. As for this season Gonçalo Costa made the divisional team of the year, while Nuno Corte did well from the left and Kevin da Silva had another good year in front of goal. Corte, sadly, won't sign a new deal.

Admin

As ever the Finances aren't the finest but we did receive a bank loan that definitely helped in the short-term and I don't feel like we're hitting catastrophic levels of debt. The board are going to have to prop us up regardless as I won't be able to sell anyone for any value anyway.

In squad management news, it's going to be a busy summer as no less than SEVEN first-team squad members have decided not to sign a new contract. So that'll mean I need to get crafty in the transfer market!

can definitely relate to the lack of players being interested in a move, poor finances and first team players refusing to stay at the club. Still at least you've not gone backwards that's the main thing, always progressing slightly is the key to eventual improvement and the godly heights of potential promotion :D

can definitely relate to the lack of players being interested in a move, poor finances and first team players refusing to stay at the club. Still at least you've not gone backwards that's the main thing, always progressing slightly is the key to eventual improvement and the godly heights of potential promotion :D

Paul speaking the truth! I've got a feeling with all the players leaving this summer I'm going to end up going backwards this season. I'm pretty much waiting on a few of my academy boys to come good and propel us to promotion. I'll screenshot them in my next update and you'll probably think I'm mad as they're pretty terrible too :D

Archived