Football Manager 2015 Features Video Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squad building refined each year!?? I Haven't realised any improvement in this area since Fm07.

Can we get a proper response from SI on this issue?

Ask anyone playing 20+ seasons, and there isn´t enough good players in the game to keep it competitive (due to a combination of AI-teams not able to develop players and not enough good youngsters). It should be very easy to fix, make it easier to develop players in U21-competitions and let the game generate more good youngsters.

If this is not possible, at least put it into the editor that more good players are generated as an option. This will NOT make the game more easy, rather more competitive and challenging - and last longer.

People are getting bored. This video is nearly a week and in internet world is now considered old news. We need information about other features, thus why I prefer daily updates, then a big video of announcements, because a lot of features of FM15 got cut from the video.

As i said, I felt the video was underwhelming, because I was expecting a lot more features to be talked about. Not spent so many minutes on something as less important (in my humble opinion) as Press Conferences, media interaction and team meetings. perhaps these are features I don't relate too, because my focus on game are not those features. I find press Conferences boring and something for the managers to through punches at eachother and of course the media likes it and people likes it, thus because they exist in the first place. But these press conference don't exists as we go lower in the leagues. Media interaction and team meetings, I used to like the one option to choose and move on. Because it was quick to do them and focus on the important stuff. So adding more lines and new mechanics to it, is bit miss for me.

The tracksuit and tactical screen as well as new user interface, well that depends how they do work in game, so I will leave my opinion once I try it out.

But to be fair, these remain inconsequential to me, because I focus now in the FMC version.

You've already had more than one in this thread alone http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/398183-Football-Manager-2015-Features-Video-Official-Feedback-Thread?p=9879983&viewfull=1#post9879983

That's the first and there is some more reference further on.

"Worked on it" - okey. It´s just good to know before you start a career game. Not that fun getting promoted to the Premiership and then all the other teams are rubbish.

Scouting improvements and press interaction seem incouraging (although the manager rivalry goes overboard in FM14 already in my view, so that feature my leave as far as I am concerned).

More diverse job-interviews were a must (FM14 job interviews are pretty rediculous to be honest: where do you want us to judge you on? Who thought of that for realism?), so I'm really happy with that. I hope the whole 'getting a job' part of the game is improved also: Being able to make your intensions of leaving after end of contract known to trigger interest 'in advance' for example. And more job offers in general (from higher, equal or lesser reputation clubs, dependig on your (non)succes). Something I have been missing in FM like forever, even more so than non-league/amateur grounds in 3d match.

let me try again

I DONT WANT to download new kits every time i finish a season! I want the president or the PR manager to give me the option to pick a new design for the next season

You realise one of the reasons SI is allowed to use a Club's kit, Logo and certainly Shirt sponsor is due to it being plastered all over a Computer game? It's free advertising for ever and in return SI gets a realistic logo and Team Kit. If you were aloud to officially change it after an Hours game time it would be worthless and the FL and other may go down the EPL route and refuse any use of it's members logos unless they get a large fee and then you'd have to Edit every single team every season to keep up. Even SI themselves can see a benefit of having it's logo on a team shirt in a FIFA game.

Skrill will be forever remembered by me due to FM 2014 and would be quickly forgotten if I & everyone could remove it easily when the season turns to 14-15.

What changes to the sound do you want? A crowd cheering is a crowd cheering. You can't have them signing the team players names, as in 30 years they will be retired and not have that option.

Do you want an announcement during the match asking someone to move their car? Do yo want to hear bones crunching under tackles? Do you want crowd reactions to hitting the crossbar, or missing an easy chance?

What sounds do you think need improving? And how would you improve them?

Considering sound is one of very few human senses involved in playing FM it has been lazily overlooked for more than a decade. The CM0102 crowd chants are more interesting than any FM so far. I know a lot of players turn game sounds off or listen to music, maybe they wouldn't if the in game sounds were better - just a thought! Generic chants, different ones with indiscernible names would be a start. I know there are potentially major copyright issues but that is not a barrier if musical licenses are acquired frugally & discerningly. For me it is an element SI ignore year on year because "they know best". As they are the ones with a not insignificant development budget shouldn't they come up with the ideas for what needs improving, and how to improve it?. Yet another aspect of the FM experience that has turned me away from the game.

tbh at most real football matches the sound coming from the stands is appallingly dull & in many cases non-existent.

I take that as based on experiences in England and definetly not in Turkey, South America, etc :)

What sounds do you think need improving? And how would you improve them?

I hate how a crowd of a hundred people at a lower league match is the same audio sample as a crowd of 30,000 people simply with the level turned down. I wish I could turn off the crowd to be honest (but keep the ref's whistle, which I like to be able to hear :))

Not something a football manager does IRL is it?

but a search engine with precise numbers in regards to abilities is?

Your response is pitifull and quite frankly without much thought going into it.

If all and i repeeat, if all feastures which have no realism in it should be removed, then we´d be left with a quite hollow game

Anyone know/heard any rumours of more announcements today? It's been a week from the last one, we haven't heard anything so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we might get something this afternoon/this evening.

With the beta potentially only 10 days away you would have thought they would be cranking up the marketing of their new product a bit more, with the features video only receiving luke warm feedback.

You should be shouting from the rooftops how great your new product is, every day.

How about a few up to date video's of the current match engine in action to get our juices flowing?

but a search engine with precise numbers in regards to abilities is?

Your response is pitifull and quite frankly without much thought going into it.

If all and i repeeat, if all feastures which have no realism in it should be removed, then we´d be left with a quite hollow game

You can mask the attributes, and your scouts to scout the player like irl, but you dont get to choose the kits.

tbh at most real football matches the sound coming from the stands is appallingly dull & in many cases non-existent.

Ok what a dull excuses. What about a proper sound when the ball hits the crossbar. Crowds making sounds at relevant moments needs to be fixed. Go back to CM0102 and grab some examples from there. Cheers

With the beta potentially only 10 days away you would have thought they would be cranking up the marketing of their new product a bit more, with the features video only receiving luke warm feedback.

You should be shouting from the rooftops how great your new product is, every day.

How about a few up to date video's of the current match engine in action to get our juices flowing?

Good point, I can't ever remember such a low key pre release before.

Almost feels like a non event. Every other year I can't wait to play the new version. Really not overly fussed this time around.

Every year they released new features on a day-day basis, and every year there's a chorus of backlash coupled with backlash over the backlash. I don't blame them for not releasing more info.

However, I feel this is just going to be an improved features release, rather than based on a new features. Things will be more polished than before. There will be bugs as always, and there will be final patch in February after the final transfer window.

They're not shouting from the roof tops about new features because there's nothing to shout about.

I could be wrong, but I hope I'm not.

And I really hope they sort out how you offer contracts to your players and staff, instead of a multi-click option for each player/staff.

Hi, I have a question to ask. I want to buy a new laptop and I'm looking at the new laptop/tablet hybrids. I got my eye on the Yoga Pro 3 from Lenovo, so my question is how will the new FM run on the new Intel Core M processors and HD5300 graphics? I want to play as many leagues as possible with the biggest database option :) Would that be a good choice? Or maybe the i7 Surface Pro 3? I want something light that is easy to carry around, while still having enough power to play FM.

As for the video, I'm not sure what the selection of managerial attributes means for me in-game. Shouldn't it be the other way around, me doing my thing and then the game deciding based on that what kind of manager I am? I also can't say I'm too happy with even more press events. They are VERY boring and annoying and the only reason I go through them is because the assistant manager somehow always manages to annoy the entire squad with his nonsense. Five options and a tone is not how they do it in real life, and the wording doesn't always mean what I think it means :p We also really need more documentation for the tactical aspect of the game.

That said, it's a new FM, so what's not to like. Only this time, I am buying it after all the patches, finally. FM14 is good enough for the next 6 months or so :)

And I really hope they sort out how you offer contracts to your players and staff, instead of a multi-click option for each player/staff.

Uh, yes, this, this is very annoying. Have it all on one screen, it's just wages, contract length and occasionally the role that we are talking about. We can have them all in one screen, set the options we want, and offer all the contracts at once. Or leave the director of football to do it, but then he also hires some additional staff that we really don't need...

Neil,

I agree that players without clubs would not usually be expected to appear in international squads, but in the last game I played in FM2014 (before I got really 'cheesed off' with the kit selection issues), this actually happened. I had a well known goalkeeper in my squad, whose wage demands at the end of his contract were unrealistic in the extreme, so he was allowed to leave. He was however, continually picked for his national team despite every other club on the planet agreeing that his wage demands were excessive.

I've not heard officially that the kit selection issues have been corrected, and so will not be bothering with this or any future versions of FM until they are.

• Administrators
Neil,

I agree that players without clubs would not usually be expected to appear in international squads, but in the last game I played in FM2014 (before I got really 'cheesed off' with the kit selection issues), this actually happened. I had a well known goalkeeper in my squad, whose wage demands at the end of his contract were unrealistic in the extreme, so he was allowed to leave. He was however, continually picked for his national team despite every other club on the planet agreeing that his wage demands were excessive.

I've not heard officially that the kit selection issues have been corrected, and so will not be bothering with this or any future versions of FM until they are.

Any issue in regards to kit selection will be looked at if raised in pre-release testing. Every year kits change so every year we have to be very careful to make sure the correct selections are made. Thanks.

Hi, I have a question to ask. I want to buy a new laptop and I'm looking at the new laptop/tablet hybrids. I got my eye on the Yoga Pro 3 from Lenovo, so my question is how will the new FM run on the new Intel Core M processors and HD5300 graphics? I want to play as many leagues as possible with the biggest database option :) Would that be a good choice? Or maybe the i7 Surface Pro 3? I want something light that is easy to carry around, while still having enough power to play FM.

There's a "New Laptop" thread on the forums. Post there.

Uh, yes, this, this is very annoying. Have it all on one screen, it's just wages, contract length and occasionally the role that we are talking about. We can have them all in one screen, set the options we want, and offer all the contracts at once. Or leave the director of football to do it, but then he also hires some additional staff that we really don't need...

It can be done simpler.

Players contracts are up.

Arrange meeting will all players/agents

Meeting is setup - presented with a screen with first players demands. Click Offer Contract - next player is loaded to the screen. Click offer contract, next player is then loaded onto the screen.

No need to go "right click, Contract, Offer New Contract" for 16 players, and 20 staff.

It's been combined. If you have no knowledge of a player, it'll be exactly how it was in previous versions (ie no attribute shows up). And yes, as Miles said in his video there are more options for scouting players longer so don't expect doing a very quick 'report card' to give you all the information any more.

Oh no! Such a spoilage of a cool new mechanic. I do really hope that at least you made possible to filter unknown attributes separately!

In FM14 it was a really pain when I wanted to find player with "Pace >= 14" and some other attributes like age. Because if I set this filter all unknown players dissapears from list. But how to make list of players that potentialy have this attribute so I can scout them (if other attributes are acceptable)? Maybe you can add checkmark for each active filter "Or unknown" so if it is set then all players with unknown attribute value will also be in the list. Or make it as separate option in compare method selection (I mean "equal, less than, more than, unknown, ..." list).

This is England speaking I assume? Go abroad Alex, visit football in South America, Turkey, Italy, clubs like Schalke, Dortmund, St. Pauli, even mid-table mediocracy in my domestic Holland is more atmospheric than PL. In fact, I bet there are not many top flight football-competitions that are less atmospheric than the commercial all-seater horror that is the PL. I've been there and was utterly dissapointed by the lack of athmosphere. And I have season tickets to FC Groningen...

FM is far too English, stadiums, sounds, even the way football is played, the whole game breathes PL.. Make FM less English!

This is England speaking I assume? Go abroad Alex, visit football in South America, Turkey, Italy, clubs like Schalke, Dortmund, St. Pauli, even mid-table mediocracy in my domestic Holland is more atmospheric than PL. In fact, I bet there are not many top flight football-competitions that are less atmospheric than the commercial all-seater horror that is the PL. I've been there and was utterly dissapointed by the lack of athmosphere. And I have season tickets to FC Groningen...

FM is far too English, stadiums, sounds, even the way football is played, the whole game breathes PL.. Make FM less English!

right on the spot :applause:

I'm English and fully agree, although to be fair there is usually more atmosphere in lower level English football, it's only the higher levels where most fans are priced out of going and the whole "match-day experience" is aimed at tv/casual fans.

Any issue in regards to kit selection will be looked at if raised in pre-release testing. Every year kits change so every year we have to be very careful to make sure the correct selections are made. Thanks.

And now I'm sensing my one and only wish- that we're able to pick which kit is worn before a game- has not been granted.

*sadface*

And now I'm sensing my one and only wish- that we're able to pick which kit is worn before a game- has not been granted.

*sadface*

Look at the positives of that though buddy.

If that is your only wish, then you must be happy about the rest of the game.

Which means you're in for a treat when 15 comes out.

I agree that linking up with Movember adds very little to the gameplay experience but that is the same for SpeciaEffects, GamesAid & War Child, they are all simply charities that we promote in the game & who can say that doing so is anything other than a good thing to do? The fact that Movember allows the art team to have some fun with facial hair hasn't taken anything away from FM.

Ah! That is good news Alex. I wasn't aware it was a charity SI were promoting through the game. Things like that are always a good idea.

I grew up in Germany & although it was before the delights of the modern stadia I do remember the atmosphere being excellent when I went to watch Schalke matches, less so at Preußen Münster games. I've also been to many grounds across Europe in my time & will agree that on the whole their English counterparts do not compare favourably, Sampdoria vs Modena in Serie B was a surprisingly excellent atmosphere.

I still think that most people would mute the sound after a short honeymoon period, the good news is as a tester I have nothing to with a decision such as the design &/or inclusion of matchday sounds.

Cheers Alex ;-). No harm done, you just triggered me a bit as I feel FM leans a bit to far towards the English experience already, maybe logical as most of the developers are probably English. You kind of confirmed that feeling with your comment, hence my reaction.

And to be completely honest with you, I mute sound in FM aswell. ;-)

A question regarding scouting: I've at different occasions mentioned that scouting is a very tedious work: Scouting a region doesn't work properly as only some countries are covered while scouting by country manually is very work intensive due to various "shortcomings" of the code. Has this been improved as well?

Archived