Football Manager 2015 Features Video Official Feedback Thread

For the sake of not opening the new thread, I've seen that this is the minimum when it comes to graphic cards, Graphics: NVidia GeForce 7300 GT, ATI Radeon X1600, Intel GMA X3100 - 128MB VRAM

I have nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 1 GB DDR 3

Does it meet the minimum reqirement?

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i realise from the video that tracksuit managers can take part in training.

doesn't it like cheating in online games? the one with tracksuit can increase their ratings and then add 5 star onto the training.

while people who choose tactical can't add on to the stars in training and thus there is a handicap. players will develop better in tracksuit manager.

how is SI going to balance this issue?

The last thing we want to do really is give a guide that basically says: "Play this formation and you'll win" but as a community it's great we have such a knowledgeable base on these forums to help those who do struggle.

Surely if this is the case then the match engine has a serious flaw / is fundamentally broken?

Tactics should be about maximising the abilities of your players whilst minimising the opposition and making clear exactly what player roles and positions mean should provide enough information for 'managers' to set-up the team how they want it to be. A tactic will then work or not depending on whether you have the players to play the way you have told them / they carry it out properly / the impact of the opposition. So many times I read here about the lack of information being about avoiding some kind of 'diablo' super tactic that it feels like the smoke and mirrors about roles and instructions is as much to protect a match engine as it is about trying to mirror the real life game.

doesn't it like cheating in online games? the one with tracksuit can increase their ratings and then add 5 star onto the training.

while people who choose tactical can't add on to the stars in training and thus there is a handicap. players will develop better in tracksuit manager.

I don't see the issue? You will have bonuses in other areas.

It's not all about training.

I've seen that this is the minimum when it comes to graphic cards, Graphics: NVidia GeForce 7300 GT, ATI Radeon X1600, Intel GMA X3100 - 128MB VRAM

I have nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 1 GB DDR 3

Does it meet the minimum reqirement?

And some, if this is anything to go by. http://www.gpuzoo.com/Compare/NVIDIA_GeForce_7300_GT_DDR3__vs__NVIDIA_GeForce_9500_GT_DDR2/

• Administrators

But the tactical manager will have other advantages in the online game on other players - it balances out, don't worry.

• Administrators
Surely if this is the case then the match engine has a serious flaw / is fundamentally broken?

Tactics should be about maximising the abilities of your players whilst minimising the opposition and making clear exactly what player roles and positions mean should provide enough information for 'managers' to set-up the team how they want it to be. A tactic will then work or not depending on whether you have the players to play the way you have told them / they carry it out properly / the impact of the opposition. So many times I read here about the lack of information being about avoiding some kind of 'diablo' super tactic that it feels like the smoke and mirrors about roles and instructions is as much to protect a match engine as it is about trying to mirror the real life game.

Yes of course (to the first point) and there's not been any kind of 'super tactic' that's worked for at least the last few versions.

I agree that tactics should be about maximising the abilities of your players while minimising the oppositions and the players. The roles are described in-game and you can find out further information by selecting a role on a player and visiting his player instructions. Some options will be blocked out as they're in use for the role already (say cross more for a winger). There are descriptions in game which allude to what each role does for your team. We're not purposely avoiding giving out basic information, it's in the game for everyone to see. It's just when you get more and more detailed (say will a defensive midfielder with pace but more effective than one who's strong in the air but slow with a 4-1-3-2) then some of it will be trial and error on the users part.

But the tactical manager will have other advantages in the online game on other players - it balances out, don't worry.

I was under the impression that any manager could get involved in training, and the differentiation between tracksuit and tactical manager was only used for initial weighting of attributes. Therefore the "tactical" manager could still train his/her players, they just wouldn't be very good as it. Is this not the case?

yeah, unless you've changed the coaching star system (which looks doubtful from that training screen) then you'll be capped at 3* training because of a low DDM

basically you've got to decide whether to have 3* training across the board (possibly helpful for LLM)

or whether to be more of a motivator (possibly a more effective team talk?) or more board-tolerance due to your determination?

I have a question about the new SCOUTING:

Right now, it seems to me, that the system only increases the scouting time until we see all the attributes and star ratings (like in FM14). While this is a good thing, I'd rather have the scout reports to be wrong at more times than just imprecise for a certain while. On FM15 it seems that I just have to wait three months before I get basically the same report as on FM 14. But they have always been waaaay to accurate, especially regarding the PPA (perceived potential ability). I checked on a lot of U20-players and a 4 to 5 stars potential ability ALWAYS meant a high actual potential ability (for my Liverpool side that is PA 165-190, with the five stars being always 180+).

So my question is: Has the mechanism that creates the perceived abilities changed? I'd love to have that five-star talent of the century kid turning out to stop developing at 20 years because it already reached it's maximum PA, as well as the 2 stars average youth player, released on a free transfer just to become an international star at my rivals club, or - even better - have 2 of my youth coaches have completely different opinions about a players potential ability! That's what frequently happens IRL, and while scouting should not become totally random, it should be much less accurate. So has there been any change regarding that?

I have accidentely copied MAC requirements. I'm on PC.

So, minumum PC requirements Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel GMA X3100 - 128MB VRAM

Mine: nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 1 GB DDR 3

So, does it still meet the minimum requirements?

Yes, it's nearly impossible to not meet the minimum requirements. The nVidia FX Geforce 5900 ultra has been released in 2003.

Bare in mind that they are minimum requirements, only the demo can give you a real indication if your system is able to cope with the game on an acceptable level.

Yes. Your DDR3 GPU came out with even better comparison results. http://www.gpuzoo.com/Compare/NVIDIA_GeForce_7300_GT_DDR3__vs__NVIDIA_GeForce_9500_GT_GDDR3/

It's 1GB DDR2 after all, because DDR3 is available in 256 MB and 512 MB versions, while DDR2 is available as 512 MB and 1024 MB versions. I have just checked it on my PC and it's definitely 1GB DDR2.

But, I've made a mistake as I've accidentally copied the MAC requirements and I'm on PC.

So, the PC requirements are: Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel GMA X3100 - 128MB VRAM

And I have: nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 1GB DDR2

So, does it still meet the minimum requirement?

Yes, it's nearly impossible to not meet the minimum requirements. The nVidia FX Geforce 5900 ultra has been released in 2003.

Bare in mind that they are minimum requirements, only the demo can give you a real indication if your system is able to cope with the game on an acceptable level.

Yeah, mine was released in July 2008. And I've fully updated it. I hope I'll be able to run 3D.

Wide Midfielder can be tweaked to behave like one already?

Plus, we don't know what the Wide Playmaker will behave like yet, and the clip shows a reference to cutting inside for that Role.

It can look like one, but not totally the same. We have discussed this many times, roles like Etoo's from Mourinho's Inter are still impossible to replicate, while IF on MRL positions would be quite good start. It's not like Inverted WB is more oftenly used than IF who actually plays some defense.

feedback for the video: looks like exactly the same game in a slightly different wrapper with probably meaningless changes to match animation (the ambition should be to look as good as fifa, and I suppose this is a start, but do the animation changes actually change how matches play out? I doubt it), manager attribute distribution, and media questions. I like the small efforts at reducing repetition pertaining to having a discussion with disgruntled squad members as a group rather than on a one-to-one basis, more features in FM need to be tuned around the concept of avoiding repetition. I'd like to be able to pick out more positives, but not that much else was covered that captured my imagination. Also, the video looks awkward when miles is staring off into space rather than at the camera while talking about stuff.

and still no 64x,

The day when this FM series can truly be 'realistic' and revolutionary is when it moves onto 64-bits. fm15 is like fm14 patch 14.5.

until then like fabiokes mentioned, SI are still severly handicapped by having to cater for the most minimum spec a pentium 4.

either way, i hope AI squad building and ME has gone through plenty of overhaul. will wait for reviews after launch then think of purchasing.

Even people with pentium 4's are still customers for SI

and still no 64x, talk about stone age?! I guess development studios like to rest on their laurels when they have a niche monopoly with no direct competitors.

This has already been extensively discussed and has had an official response.

There's no real need to make your final inference; please try to keep things civil without resorting to snide, unfounded observations.

It's 1GB DDR2 after all, because DDR3 is available in 256 MB and 512 MB versions, while DDR2 is available as 512 MB and 1024 MB versions. I have just checked it on my PC and it's definitely 1GB DDR2.

But, I've made a mistake as I've accidentally copied the MAC requirements and I'm on PC.

So, the PC requirements are: Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel GMA X3100 - 128MB VRAM

And I have: nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 1GB DDR2

So, does it still meet the minimum requirement?

Yes you will still be way above the minimum requirements, even with a DDR2 9500GT. The 5900 is a ten year old card that still runs on an AGP format. Nearly all GPU's are now PCI-E.

I only have a Radeon HD6670 1GB DDR3 and whilst it isn't a powerful GPU, it's still capable of running FM14 with about 3-4 leagues absolutely fine.

Like others have said, maybe try the demo when it is released and see how your PC gets on with that.

Yeah, that's why I'm asking does my graphics card meet the minimum requirements and is it good enough to run the 3D.

I would be lying/speculating if I gave you an answer, it's a shame that there isn't a recommended spec listed anywhere.

Ontopic: I really like the fact that you can chose your spoken languages when creating your manager profile!

Is it so hard to add Inside forward on MRL positions?

I don't think it should be called Inside Forward, because he would position himself deep in the midfield. But I agree with your point. There is no role for this type of wide midfielder currently. Basically it would be hybrid of winger and wide midfielder.

Basically, Defensive winger and WM+cut inside, but yes. Hybrid role, that is impossible, since DW can't cut inside.

But the Wide Midfielder can, so problem solved. If the Wide Playmaker has been added, SI would have surely looked at a possible Inside Forward role too. Since you can easily create this with a Wide Midfielder role, it isn't a problem.

• Administrators

I would say a recommended spec (and this is me saying it rather than anything official) depends on how many leagues you want to run. If you want to be able to run let's say four leagues and a medium DB, you'd probably want at least a dual core processor, probably 2GB of RAM and a graphics card which is a 512MB or above (or say an Intel 4000 for an integrated card). Bit vague I know, but as said very roughly said. And NOT official :D

feedback for the video: looks like exactly the same game in a slightly different wrapper with probably meaningless changes to match animation (the ambition should be to look as good as fifa, and I suppose this is a start, but do the animation changes actually change how matches play out? I doubt it), manager attribute distribution, and media questions. I like the small efforts at reducing repetition pertaining to having a discussion with disgruntled squad members as a group rather than on a one-to-one basis, more features in FM need to be tuned around the concept of avoiding repetition. I'd like to be able to pick out more positives, but not that much else was covered that captured my imagination. Also, the video looks awkward when miles is staring off into space rather than at the camera while talking about stuff.

and still no 64x, talk about stone age?!

I'd rather they concentrated on improving the actual match engine than on trying to get the graphics like FIFA.

Besides........ 2d RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the Wide Midfielder can, so problem solved. If the Wide Playmaker has been added, SI would have surely looked at a possible Inside Forward role too. Since you can easily create this with a Wide Midfielder role, it isn't a problem.

Not perfect. Tried, didn't look like Etoo. Best so far, though. But still not good enough.

Anyway, new role (or the same role in another position) would certainly make the game better. Or not worse, consider it as you like. It shouldn't be too hard to implement.

I'd rather they concentrated on improving the actual match engine than on trying to get the graphics like FIFA.

He has never said anything about graphics? The underlying ME are all calculations, with the already discussed limitations I can only bow for SI's developers. Real craftsmanship!

Even though I sound a little bit skeptical, I'm really looking forward to this game.

and still no 64x,

This quote

I have a question about the new SCOUTING:

Right now, it seems to me, that the system only increases the scouting time until we see all the attributes and star ratings (like in FM14). While this is a good thing, I'd rather have the scout reports to be wrong at more times than just imprecise for a certain while. On FM15 it seems that I just have to wait three months before I get basically the same report as on FM 14. But they have always been waaaay to accurate, especially regarding the PPA (perceived potential ability). I checked on a lot of U20-players and a 4 to 5 stars potential ability ALWAYS meant a high actual potential ability (for my Liverpool side that is PA 165-190, with the five stars being always 180+).

So my question is: Has the mechanism that creates the perceived abilities changed? I'd love to have that five-star talent of the century kid turning out to stop developing at 20 years because it already reached it's maximum PA, as well as the 2 stars average youth player, released on a free transfer just to become an international star at my rivals club, or - even better - have 2 of my youth coaches have completely different opinions about a players potential ability! That's what frequently happens IRL, and while scouting should not become totally random, it should be much less accurate. So has there been any change regarding that?

I agree with this, the potential element of the star system is very gamey.

One thing I'm worried about is tactics- how the player role and duty are no longer under the players on the tactics 'pitch'. It seems like it will make more of a hassle to change them quickly

Neil,

Can we get a response on this. I asked a similar question at #116

Looking back at the pictures on Steam, I realized that player roles no long appear on the tactic screen(the pitch, that is) - there is a list of them somewhere on the left side. Is this final ? Because I would like to see the roles under the player names, don't really understand the change since the way it was looked good and clean. Also, loving the way players' position depending on their mentality and their roles, helps a lot.

L.E. Just saw that someone else asked the same thing 2 posts before

Didn't read through all of the thread so sorry if this has been asked and answered before.

Will FM15 be a 64bit application?

Unfortunately not. See post 184.

As much as I appreciate the discussion for 32-bit and 64-bit OS, we're supporting 32-bit and although we can understand some of the benefits of being 64-bit there are no plans to do so at this stage. If we can keep this thread more in line with feedback from the video and what has been announced so far it'd be appreciated. Thanks.

Online games? This worry me very much, since i don't play online. That mean that tactical managers are basically pointless in single player games? That would be very disappointing.

• Administrators
Online games? This worry me very much, since i don't play online. That mean that tactical managers are basically pointless in single player games? That would be very disappointing.

This was only in response to someone who had specifically asked about online games. Of course both methods work fine in single player.

• Administrators

The coders who are improving the animation side of things are not the same as those who work on the match engine calculations, so resources are not being taken away from the 'match engine' by making it look better.

Archived