FM15 - GreenManGaming coupon

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The odds on Andy working for GMG? :D :D

No, Andy is working for himself, he gets 2 quid for every person that orders using his link, he will get the game for free when 20 people buy the game using that link, the player buying gets nothing worthwhile.

It is him basically using this site to profit from it's users and is banned from other sites I use, there is a big "no referral links" on most gaming sites these days, Steam has a hard policy on this.

No, Andy is working for himself, he gets 2 quid for every person that orders using his link, he will get the game for free when 20 people buy the game using that link, the player buying gets nothing worthwhile.

It is him basically using this site to profit from it's users and is banned from other sites I use, there is a big "no referral links" on most gaming sites these days, Steam has a hard policy on this.

Except credit on his own account?

Except credit on his own account?

You get 2 quid but you can not use that with any coupon, given that there is ALWAYS at least a 20% off coupon going on GmG you will not use that 2 quid, unless you found a game for 2 quid or less of course, you will always use the coupon.

From Andy himself once he got cornered ....

Its not solely for FM btw, you are correct in saying you cant use your GMG credit whilst using a discount code.

You wouldnt use your £/Eu 2 for FM16 because you are more than likely to have a code for this anyway which will give you a bigger discount.

There is a reason why these refferal links are banned from such sites like the Steam forums, it is just people using the sites for their own profit and nothing more.

You get 2 quid but you can not use that with any coupon, given that there is ALWAYS at least a 20% off coupon going on GmG you will not use that 2 quid, unless you found a game for 2 quid or less of course, you will always use the coupon.

From Andy himself once he got cornered ....

There is a reason why these refferal links are banned from such sites like the Steam forums, it is just people using the sites for their own profit and nothing more.

Sure, you can't use it for FM, but it's a bit harsh to call 2 quid you can use for other things completely useless. There do exist other games aside from FM, you know!

Sure, you can't use it for FM, but it's a bit harsh to call 2 quid you can use for other things completely useless. There do exist other games aside from FM, you know!

Why would you use that 2 quid to buy a game that costs 40 quid when you can use the 20-30% discount code that is always available on GmG?

Even if a game that costs 30 quid you would use the GmG code that is always there for a bigger discount, it makes no difference of the game, it is basic math.

GmG want new customers and they reward the person giving the links, if the person gets 20 people to use his link he gets 40 quid, it is good for him, he then gets a game like FM for free.

That is the reason it is banned from most gaming sites, it is people profiteering from other users, they are not helping you, you can get the same discount without using their link.

In his last post in the other thread Andy deleted his post with the referral link and simply posted the code U9OULG-XRTO1V-4VMUGZ

With that code you can get 20% off, with the previous post he linked you got the same 20% off but he also got 2 quid in his account.

Yes you got the same 2 quid but the difference is he is hoping that many more click his referral link and he makes money from people on this site, also like I said you will not use that 2 quid as you will always use the discount coupon instead.

SI need to stop this blatant money grab from it's users just like other sites do.

2 quid a pop is hardly a "money grab." He's performing a useful service, letting us know of the codes. It's not as if it's costing you anything.

If 20+ people click on his link, he will have enough credits to redeem a free FM. If 40+ people, he will be getting 2 FMs for FREE.

This topic has over 3k views, add that to the spams that he had in the other threads a few days earlier, I won't be surprised if he had at least 50+ people clicking on his referral by now.

Haha so what if he makes 2 pound you dont need to click on his link and buy it its your own choice.

Nothing is stopping anyone else from doing the same thing andy has been doing and if you read his posts about it he has always said he gets 2 pound and so do the ppl who gets it through his link the lad aint hiding anything ppl choose to buy it from his link they have not got a gun to there head he has been upfront from the start so again a dont see the big deal

If 20+ people click on his link, he will have enough credits to redeem a free FM. If 40+ people, he will be getting 2 FMs for FREE.

This topic has over 3k views, add that to the spams that he had in the other threads a few days earlier, I won't be surprised if he had at least 50+ people clicking on his referral by now.

God forbid people make a bit of money while helping others save.

he's inflating own posts counter and SI should ban him for repeating himself too often

Ive done 380 posts in one thread in the past 12 months and almost 550 over past 3 versions of FM so increasing my post counter by 10 is hardly the crime of century is it.

Just checked looks like only the digital download pal i thought they did both :?

Thats fine i always buy off steam each year for 39.99 but if i can buy off these and use through steam anyway then even better

Thats fine i always buy off steam each year for 39.99 but if i can buy off these and use through steam anyway then even better

Yup never had any trouble with greenmangaming i got it for £22.50 they will send you the key a day or 2 before the beta :thup:

...but if i can buy off these and use through steam anyway then even better

If you buy from GMG you would activate and use the game with Steam. Would pretty much be the same as buying from Steam.

To activate FM15 on Steam once you get the activation code from GMG:

1. Open up/Log In to Steam. (assuming you have Steam already installed)

- If you don't have Steam, download Steam, install and create an account with Steam.

2. In the bottom left hand corner of Steam is a "+ Add a game..." button. Click it.

3. Select "Activate a product on Steam".

4. Paste in the product activation key you received from GMG.

5. After a couple of minutes Steam will authenticate the code.

6. Click on "Library". You should see you game in the Library.

7. Click on your game to start downloading it.

GMG will send you an email with the activation code once FM15 is available (will also get an email from them for Beta). The same code will also show up under your account on the GMG website once you login. Once you login, your UserName will show with a down arrow, selected Games from the down arrow - and all of your keycodes/activation codes will show there for all of the games you've purchased from GMG.

Once your game is installed, you will get get all of the updates and the tools that come with the game as soon as they are available (Editor etc) since the game runs through the Steam client.

Ok thanks were about do you enter the code for the 20% off

To apply the coupon/voucher:

1) Once the game is in your basket, go into your basket.

2) Click Checkout (the game is not yet purchased after you click the Checkout button)

3) After clicking the Checkout button a Voucher section will show.

4) Enter the code where it says "Add voucher" and hit ENTER. The discount should then show up in your invoice on the right side

5) Then click the Continue button where you would pay for the game.

- They also accept Paypal which is kind of nice.

I've purchased from GMG the last 2 years and have gotten the Beta version each time.

Did you always get it in time? I noticed this year they don't send the activation keys along with the purchase confirmation email, so there is that tiny little doubt that they maybe won't send it in time for the beta. It would just be more comforting to have the game preloaded on steam rather than wait for the key.

Did you always get it in time? I noticed this year they don't send the activation keys along with the purchase confirmation email, so there is that tiny little doubt that they maybe won't send it in time for the beta. It would just be more comforting to have the game preloaded on steam rather than wait for the key.

You could always wait to purchase the day Beta come out. I'll update the opening post in this thread to confirm when GMG sends out the Beta keys. I'm keeping the opening post updated with the latest coupon codes and expiration dates. So far there has been a new coupon code right after the old code expires.

I just checked my old emails. Last year I received the Beta key from GMG on Oct 16th at 3:17am (GMT). I believe FM14 Beta was out on Oct 16th. I received the full game key on Nov 1st at 10:28am (GMT). However, if I remember correctly, the key for the full game was posted to my account on GMG before I received my email from them.

Since Beta is not out yet, I don't think they have keys yet to send with the purchase confirmation email.

Thanks for sharing this, I wouldn't have known about it otherwise and ended up paying Steam £29.99.

I just saved £6 - enjoy your £2 credit !

:thup:

The good part of this deal is that you will also get the same £2 credit, in addition to the £6 discount.

dim13 thanks for the help. Has that voucher expired because whenever i put the code in it says this is not a valid voucher ?

I just tried and looks like it's still valid.

Couple of things to try:

- Copy and paste the voucher # instead of typing it in

- After you paste in the voucher number (on the GMG site), hit ENTER instead of clicking the Add Voucher button

- Also check to make sure you're using the latest voucher # (I'm keeping post #1 updated with the current voucher)

U9OULG-XRTO1V-4VMUGZ

Did you refresh the GMG page ?

A quote from the GMG page regarding the credit:

Please note that the affiliate link uses a single session 'cookie' and so any registrations must be completed at the time the referral link is clicked to ensure that the referral is tracked.

Archived