Sports Interactive Community
fmobande

S.I needs to fix the loaning system. its flawed

there is no benefit in loaning players because the A.I Team never actually uses them effectivly, even though on the contract they say the player is key for the team, players that are loaned become even worse because the A.I can never manage squads or build teams around the player, sometimes they will never play a game sometimes

I don't this the cause is that simple. In a few cases a loan can work out really well, but that's mostly when you can loan out a player to a team in an equally rated league to your domestic league. For the most part though you are better off not loan out players, and that should not be the case, I think.

I think it's a whole lot of small little annoyances that adds up to it, those being:

- AI squad management (Don't rotate players enough, somewhat ineffective training and poor coach setup)

- Training facility quality having too much of an impact

- Injuries being slightly too hard on development

- Lower tier 1st team football (Championship/League one) gives similar or perhaps even lesser gain towards development than youth level football at a top club, while it really should benefit most youth players.

If you look at the club the player is going to and check the other players in his position you can usually tell whether key player is a realistic promise or not

Don't just believe the contract negotiations, Actually check

I rarely get caught out by doing this, And always have the recall option so you can get them back in the next window if needed

If you look at the club the player is going to and check the other players in his position you can usually tell whether key player is a realistic promise or not

This. You need to take care who you loan your players out to.

This. You need to take care who you loan your players out to.

Nice, I'll keep this in mind when the new one comes out.

I don't this the cause is that simple. In a few cases a loan can work out really well, but that's mostly when you can loan out a player to a team in an equally rated league to your domestic league. For the most part though you are better off not loan out players, and that should not be the case, I think.

I think it's a whole lot of small little annoyances that adds up to it, those being:

- AI squad management (Don't rotate players enough, somewhat ineffective training and poor coach setup)

- Training facility quality having too much of an impact

- Injuries being slightly too hard on development

- Lower tier 1st team football (Championship/League one) gives similar or perhaps even lesser gain towards development than youth level football at a top club, while it really should benefit most youth players.

Yeah these factors makes it hard to loan out a hot prospect in order for them to gain experience, because they will probably face these factors and actually have a terrible season, i rarely loan out players..

I rarely get caught out by doing this, And always have the recall option so you can get them back in the next window if needed

Good point about the contract negotiations!

Also don't forget you can speak with loan team managers if they aren't fulfilling their contractual obligations. I recently loaned a keeper to Fulham, he played once before Christmas when I spoke to their manager, between then and now (March) he has played every game with an average rating of 7.29.

In general though I think the loan system works fine for me. I NEVER loan out young prospects though, I don't see why you would, you lose control of their development and how much / what type of football they play; for me that's not an attractive prospect. What I do use loans for is increasing the value of players I don't want anymore, it works reasonably well and you can make decent profit on players that way. I also use loans to secure work permits.

but some youth prospects actually stall, especially if you don't play them

ie.... Pugliese (for me) spent time on loan at Bristol, MKDons, Udinese, Udinese

and now he's ready for my first team, of which I could safely say that he wouldn't be if he just spent 4 years in my u21s

This is pretty realistic, sorry. No team guarantees a place, no matter how they intend to use them if they fail to earn their place they'll be dropped.

The one thing I'd like to see is that in real life the proportion of wage a parent club covers is often dependent on playing time. That would be a smart addition in FM.

I loan out young prospects very rarely, mostly because if the bidding second-tier clubs have (even slightly) worse training facilities than me (mine are excellent), that has a significantly negative impact on my player's development. These are just my observations, mind you. Maybe it's due to the fact that players sometimes feel they're to good to be loaned out and have no motivation to train hard or whatever? So, yeah, I tend to keep promising youngsters at my club and give them a chance with the first team every once in a while, instead of loaning them out.

I loan out young prospects very rarely, mostly because if the bidding second-tier clubs have (even slightly) worse training facilities than me (mine are excellent), that has a significantly negative impact on my player's development. These are just my observations, mind you. Maybe it's due to the fact that players sometimes feel they're to good to be loaned out and have no motivation to train hard or whatever? So, yeah, I tend to keep promising youngsters at my club and give them a chance with the first team every once in a while, instead of loaning them out.

My testing (limited mind) finds +20 improvements at max training level, reasonable amounts of games. Notably, youth players tend to hit this without playing any games at senior level at all.

On loans however, even played every game it averages between +7 to +11points of improvement per year with the very rare exception of some higher improvements.

Safe option is simply to keep them at home and just give them the bare minimum of games up to and until they stall.

*limited research in so far as I only tracked point improvements over the course of 4 seasons*

The thing about this i dont know if anyone has spotted it.

If you offer a player out to clubs to buy and get no response, offer the player out on loan, clubs will then put there offer on the table to loan your player with a loan to buy clause the same value you wish to sell for. If you click on the offer and change loan to transfer for the same value they make an offer to buy for that value. Weird.