Sports Interactive Community
gavo01

My tactics aren't working!!

No, I'm not here to ask for tactical help. For one its on the wrong forum section and two I don't need help with that side of FM, well, not at the moment. :)

I'm posting this because I have come across a team in the Latvian second tier called FK PĻAVIŅAS / DM.

So why the interest?

Well, whilst trawling through Soccerway, I noticed this team has a goal difference of -160 in just 23 games!!!

OMG!! Can that be correct. Well taking a look at their last 14 league games and the league table, the answer is an astounding yes.

So here is the point of this thread.

Next time you think you have a tactics problem and you can't see anyway out of your latest losing streak, bear a thought for the manager of this real life team. Just try to imagine how bad life is for this guy and his band of not so merry men and the frustration of losing count of the amount of times the goalkeeper has picked the ball out from the net. It's then that you will really appreciate the old saying.

There IS always someone worse off than yourself. :lol:

Last 14 league games

untitled_zps18bd03af.png

League table

untitled1_zps66c48002.png

Link to Soccerway Latvia 1 Lig

I heard that their Goal Keeper is now confined to a wheel chair for 3 months following back strain retrieving the ball from the back of the net ;)

You can just imagine after the Tukums game the manager getting home to his wife:

'Any improvement dear?'

'Well we scored 3...'

It saying something when your best result in 4 games is only a 7-0 thrashing. :lol:

Todays result:

untitled_zps9cd6bba7.png

I saw that as well, bloody hard to find anything about them. They must be a newly promoted amateur club or something, what is amazing is the difference between the top two and bottom two.