Sports Interactive Community
Chimo

Cyprus league

DO YOU WANT CYPRUS LEAGUE IN THE NEW FM?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU WANT CYPRUS LEAGUE IN THE NEW FM?

Hi,

The last few years the Cyprus league improved dramatically, especially when APOEL FC reached the quarterfinals of Champions league. We, consistently, have 1 to 2 teams i.e. n the group stages of Champions and Europa Leagues. I believe we, as cypriots, deserve a place in the new FM.

Thank you in advance,

A Football Manager fanatic

My general policy = more leagues available the better.

Remember though, if for whatever reason SI don't add it there is always the editor, where you can fairly easily and quickly (usually takers me about 1 or 2 hours where clubs already exist) to set it up and add it to the game yourself.

Hi,

The last few years the Cyprus league improved dramatically, especially when APOEL FC reached the quarterfinals of Champions league. We, consistently, have 1 to 2 teams i.e. n the group stages of Champions and Europa Leagues. I believe we, as cypriots, deserve a place in the new FM.

Thank you in advance,

A Football Manager fanatic

As opposed to say, Egypt who consistently win the African Champions League or Qatar who are hosting a world cup? My personal feeling is there are other countries that are more deserving than Cyprus but the main thing to get a league into the game is availability or researchers in the country

Sure but, doesn't really matter does it? A research issue.

There seems to be plenty Greek and Turkish interest and involvement in FM, but Cyprus is small. I've no idea if there's interest in Cypriot football in Greece or Turkey but maybe if there was, that could help?

When did this happen? :confused:

That somehow passed me by.

In the 2011-12 season.

The problem with this sort of question is what point does it all stop.

Yes, the Cypriot league has come on a lot in the past few years and the OP has a point in case when the likes of Iceland and Slovenia are already in the game but I guess it will come down to research availability as well.

I'd like to see a couple of rogue nations myself. The likes of Kosovo or maybe Greenland. But now I'm beginning to dream, or go mad. :cool:

Oh, and I voted for Yes. :)

This is a classic case of a loaded question, yet very interestingly the results are 50/50 rather than weighted heavily toward 'yes'. Not a good sign for Cyprus.

A don't care option would be good.

I voted no for the reason that there's more than two dozen other leagues I'd like to see before Cyprus.

More leagues in Africa and Asia should be priority number one if SI one day decides to add more leagues. More tiers in certain countries too (USA, Germany, South America). But since SI hasn't added any new leagues in... ten years(?), I don't think the chances are high that we'll see so many new in the future.

Voted no cause more added leagues will inevitably just steal dev time and there are far more important matters for them to be doing, I feel we have enough leagues as it is.

I don't really care, but I can assure you if this league is added i'm not going to play it.

Voted no cause more added leagues will inevitably just steal dev time and there are far more important matters for them to be doing, I feel we have enough leagues as it is.

Probably not strictly true. I don't know much about Cyprus, but I'm sure it's just a fairly standard league, so no extraneous hard coding would be needed. The main work would be in the data-entry, which wouldn't be done using devs I imagine.

A don't care option would be good.

I voted no for the reason that there's more than two dozen other leagues I'd like to see before Cyprus.

More leagues in Africa and Asia should be priority number one if SI one day decides to add more leagues. More tiers in certain countries too (USA, Germany, South America). But since SI hasn't added any new leagues in... ten years(?), I don't think the chances are high that we'll see so many new in the future.

This. I can think of a lot more that I'd put before Cyprus, particularly African leagues to put a bit more colour in that region. Some of the Middle Eastern ones too if they could get them.

In the 2011-12 season.

The problem with this sort of question is what point does it all stop.

Yes, the Cypriot league has come on a lot in the past few years and the OP has a point in case when the likes of Iceland and Slovenia are already in the game but I guess it will come down to research availability as well.

I'd like to see a couple of rogue nations myself. The likes of Kosovo or maybe Greenland. But now I'm beginning to dream, or go mad. :cool:

Oh, and I voted for Yes. :)

I'm not totally up on how SI recruit researchers but would it not be possible for the the OP in question to volunteer his services on that front. Would obviously need to be checked by someone else of course, but it's a start.

I personally won't be satisfied until we have ALL leagues playable, at least all professional leagues, including women's competitions also.

Any league that isn't already in is more than welcome in my opinion. Therefore, my default vote is 'Yes'.

Yeah I'd love more leagues in the game so I'd vote yes in theory. However bear in mind for each league added there needs to be a high level of research available plus a large enough fanbase to make it viable. I'd also like to see the Qatari league, more African leagues and leagues lower down the English football pyramid, but again we can only do so with the demand and research level being good enough to warrant it.

By the way, this is no intended slant on the research for any of those leagues, having never played in any of them I don't personally know how good they are in game, but then it's not for me to decide if new leagues go in! :)

Im suprised its not in it.

The Uefa league ranking has the Cyprus league in the top 20. Scotland is only 24nd.

So I voted yes :)