Sports Interactive Community
jimmyt86

struggling to get parent club

I am Kidderminster Harriers, have had back to back promotions to put myself into League 1 yet every time I ask the board for a parent club they come saying they struggled to find one. I thought I would have been a good bet with the success I've had or are there other factors to consider?

They might all have feeder clubs already in which case you would need to wait until some got bumped off.

It seems slow to happen in FM14, I feel like they stick with the same ones year after year with only a change of board perhaps leading to changing feeder/parent clubs.

Usually I have had no problems getting a parent club with any of the clubs I have started with. I understood they maybe wouldn't want a Blue Square Prem side but now League 1 I was hoping for a Championship or low Prem side.

What year are you in? Your reputation is probably still quite small, maybe only regional, so you might be only shopping in the not-that-big market of Midlands teams. If Villa, Birmingham and West Brom already have local feeder clubs chances are they won't want another, and you might struggle to find any other teams.

Bets time to ask is a few weeks before season update day (24th June), this should help in picking up a club who are looking to change their feeder club.

That's a good tip, didn't realise this had an impact. I might try that in my game.

In 2014/2015. I won Blue Square and League 1 at first asking. Looking in further detail at the aspects I look for when I am a bigger club looking at feeder clubs I can see why I'm not getting any success. Fairly basic training, minimal youth, basic junior and limited youth recruitment. Trouble is I have no money, despite back to back promotions, to make the improvements because the board keep saying, "whilst we agree we can't fund it at present." Frustrating!!