[WIP][FM14.3.0] Northern Cyprus Nation & League System

I've been working on an edit to make the TRNC (Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus/Kuzey Kıbrıs Türk Cumhuriyeti) - i.e. the half of Cyprus outside of FIFA for political reasons - a playable nation. My aim was to be as realistic as possible, but information is scarce on the domestic system of the world's strongest non-FIFA outpost, so there probably will be a number of inaccuracies.

I read Turkish, so I have been able to get hold of a few different resources that would be inaccessible to the English-speaking world - but I haven't been able to find anything that specifies a player's exact position (e.g. a player will be listed just as a defender rather than as a DC, DR, etc.), so I've had to guess the position based on statistics. So, if you're familiar with anyone plying their trade in Northern Cyprus, expect some slight positioning mistakes. I'm also having to guess relative ability based on statistics, which means that players will inevitably be over- and underrated. I'm also not convinced that the KTFF update their association website all that regularly, so the league line-up might have a couple of teams wrong. But overall, I've tried to be as true to the material available as possible.

Playable Levels:

Telsim Süper Lig

- Yenicami (Nicosia/Lefkoşa)

- Küçük Kaymaklı (Nicosia/Lefkoşa)

- Lefke (Lefke)

- Çetinkaya Türk (Nicosia/Lefkoşa)

- Doğan Türk (Girne/Keryneia)

- Cihangir (Cihangir)

- Bostancı Bağcıl (Bostancı/Zodeia)

- Mağusa (Famagusta/Gazimağusa)

- Serdarlı (Serdarlı/Chatos)

- Mormenekşe (Mormenekşe)

- Hamitköy (Nicosia/Lefkoşa)

- Gençlik Gücü (Nicosia/Lefkoşa)

- Türk Ocağı (Girne/Keryneia)

- Göçmenköy (Nicosia/Lefkoşa)

The Federasyon Kupası is included as the main domestic cup. This takes the 14 Super League teams, 14 (unplayable) First Division teams, and 4 extras, into a 32 team knockout.

A semi-fictitious League Cup and Super Cup are included, plus a pre-season 'Peace Cup', between 4 of the best Turkish Cypriot and 4 of the best Greek Cypriot sides.

Downloads

Beta with full structure but no staff data: here

Please let me know if you spot any bugs, but so far it has run smoothly when I have tested it.

Great database by the way.

I hope you don't mind but I've made the second tier playable and added the relevant promotion and relegation rules.

Funny thing is it had 18 teams in the 2nd tier so I removed the 4 lowest reputation teams to bring it back to the correct 14 teams and I then added those 4 teams in to the Cup competition so that still has 32 teams.

Logos are quite easy to come by and I've got some free time coming up so I may have a crack at making the logos, if that's ok?

TelsimSuumlperLig_OverviewProfile_zpsd6a78e26.png

Download link for the Turkish Replublic of Northern Cyprus logos.

In this file there is all 32 teams logos, large and small. 14 from SuperLig, 18 from 1 Lig*

* NB: The 1 Lig in the OP's link has 18 teams. I have adjusted this database for my own personal use, hence why the 1 Lig has only 14 teams in my screenshot.

The 4 teams which I removed from 1 Lig also have logos, large and small included in this download.

Also included is the competition logos for the top 2 leagues, the KTFF Cup and Super Cup as well as the national flag. See post #5

DOWNLOAD

Installation Instructions:

Step 1:

Download .zip file and extract to:

Win Vista/7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics\logos

Win XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics\logos

Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/graphics/logos

Create the folder "logos" if it doesn't exist.

Step 2:

Start up FM14, select Preferences, Interface, clear cache, reload skin and all shall be revealed.

If you do happen to experience any problems with this logo pack, or you feel that some of the information is incorrect, please post your findings here on this thread.

Enjoy :D

This and further logo packs can be downloaded at http://lovemylogos.weebly.com/

Archived