Who will you start with on FM15?

I've decided, as I'll get beta, I might use that to ease myself in and be a top 4 team or like a barcelona or something..to get used to the game before starting a career save when the full version is out.. It just dawned on me, you can only play a season for so long on beta right?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rosenborg of course...

That'll keep me busy until the 15.3 patch, then I'll go for another rags to riches career in a small country (similar to my current career in the Faroes) or for a true journeyman save in weird places.

As an Arsenal fan, most definitely Arsenal. I'll then work my way through my favourite leagues: yet to decide which Bundesliga team, Olympique Lyonnais in Ligue 1 and AFC Ajax in Eredivisie. Of course, I'll have first transfer window budgets disabled to keep things as equal, and realistic, as possible. Really looking forward to it now.

I've played this game since it was Championship Manager, and lived with the various faults that have arisen since the late 1990s, but the recent issues with incorrect kit selection have left me feeling frustrated. To see the team you are managing change strips frequently when at 'home' has become laughable, so I won't be playing FM15 (or any future FM) until someone from SI tells me that these issue are rectified.

Sticking with my theme of only wanting to take jobs where there's an actual vacancy on the game, I quite fancy Fulham. See if I can get them back into the Prem, and then sustain them there.

Me too. There are lots of interesting youngs players like Patrick Roberts and the frenchman Moussa Dembélé (next Thierry Henry).

Me too. There are lots of interesting youngs players like Patrick Roberts and the frenchman Moussa Dembélé (next Thierry Henry).

Looking through their squad on Wiki, they appear to have had an almost total player clearout since relegation with only two or three players from that time still there. Still got the likes of Parker and Ruiz though. Potentially got Maarten Stekelenburg to come back after his loan to Monaco too. I suspect if you don't get them back up pretty darn quickly, you'd end up needing to sell off those guys.

Definitely what I'm leaning towards. Then again, they could appoint a manager before the final lock and become unavailable to me.

Against my better judgement, I'll start a game managing Pompey. And when I say "a game", I mean several games as I try and fail to make them better than IRL (shut up at the back, there!). Then I'll give up and go for... who knows?

*cough* 3-0 *cough* :D

*cough* 3-0 *cough* :D

Quick diversion off-topic - I wasn't at the game yesterday but we could've probably played for another 90 minutes without scoring. Andy Awford is a great guy and Pompey through-and-through but I'm getting a tad worried that he's out of his depth. He isn't playing our best players in their best positions, and he needs to ditch 3 at the back. Mind, Wes Fogden is a big miss, can't wait till he's back from injury.

Quick diversion off-topic - I wasn't at the game yesterday but we could've probably played for another 90 minutes without scoring. Andy Awford is a great guy and Pompey through-and-through but I'm getting a tad worried that he's out of his depth. He isn't playing our best players in their best positions, and he needs to ditch 3 at the back. Mind, Wes Fogden is a big miss, can't wait till he's back from injury.

We're favourites to go up with most bookies. No shame in that. Always great support from your place. Players at Bury who really shouldn't be in Lg.2. I just hope it's reflected in the coming FM game as they really didn't make us as good as we were in last years version.

Anyway, back to the thread...

We're favourites to go up with most bookies. No shame in that. Always great support from your place. Players at Bury who really shouldn't be in Lg.2. I just hope it's reflected in the coming FM game as they really didn't make us as good as we were in last years version.

Anyway, back to the thread...

Yes, indeed (best of luck for the rest of the season apart from at Fratton park, by the way!).

One thing that might make Pompey more attractive to play as this season will be if the game reflects our new debt-free status. Then I can buy us that natural finisher we're crying out for.

• 1 month later...

Archived