Who will you start with on FM15?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been sat here deliberating for so long and I say this every year - I have about 1,700 gaming hours each on the last two versions but probably not even half of that time has anything to show for it. I started so many leagues and got frustrated after just a few games quit and deleted them. I must of had over 15 Southampton saves alone on FM14.

So in a desperate bid to prevent this... I'm going to load up England, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, France and Portugal. I will have one career save, starting either unemployed or in a lower league team and I will go about from club to club focusing on bringing youth through alongside youth scouting and what's already at the club. I won't get attached to one club I will take better job offers when they arise. I guess what I'm trying to say is I want it as close to real life as possible. I want to start in the bottom divisions and make it to the big time. I think it would be nice to culminate in managing my team - York City to the champs league winners. But I say this every year :D

I've always started as Standard in every FM I've played, as they're the team I support - but this year I'm not sure. We've sold all our best players & we have nothing remotely decent left. Might still look at it as a challenge & try anyway.

Or opt for archrivals Anderlecht, to make my point in the most irrelevant way.

Chelsea - Hazard. I mean, Hazard.

Leeds United - The team who ive supported since i was born and also season ticket holder.... 14 new players.. new owner..... oh and ADRYAN the brazilian wonderkid. Great youth coming through.

Valencia - A team who are on the up i think.. great potential and a new owner aswell to back them.

Dortmund - Im these now on fm14 looking to make them into european giants

AC Milan - getting them back to where there was... champions league and topping serie a

Load the Northern Irish, English and Scottish leagues to their lowest levels.

Start unemployed - Holiday for one year - see if any of the newly promoted teams will take me :cool:

It adds more realism for me - if things go well or I want a change I'll add more exotic leagues during the game (Italy, Spain, etc).

Of course, before accepting any job offers I will use Google Earth and Wiki to learn all about the team - We all need a hobby!

Been sat here deliberating for so long and I say this every year - I have about 1,700 gaming hours each on the last two versions but probably not even half of that time has anything to show for it. I started so many leagues and got frustrated after just a few games quit and deleted them. I must of had over 15 Southampton saves alone on FM14.

So in a desperate bid to prevent this... I'm going to load up England, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, France and Portugal. I will have one career save, starting either unemployed or in a lower league team and I will go about from club to club focusing on bringing youth through alongside youth scouting and what's already at the club. I won't get attached to one club I will take better job offers when they arise. I guess what I'm trying to say is I want it as close to real life as possible. I want to start in the bottom divisions and make it to the big time. I think it would be nice to culminate in managing my team - York City to the champs league winners. But I say this every year :D

1700?! Really, that's almost 5 hours a day for 365 consecutive days!?

The most enjoyable games for me are either starting unemployed or ri96 youth challenge (though I ever post lol), so I will do these.

I have never managed in Australia, I think I would like to do a save, where I can improve the national team by managing a few clubs and increasing facilities, till finally managing the NT.

Test save with Arsenal to get used to whatever new stuff i have to learn.

Then i'll start my career save. Unemployed with Sunday League reputation.

That'll be (hopefully) my only save all the way to FM2016.

If there are no major problems nor a big leap in minimum requirements i will play all leagues. Not all on full detail though.

I don't have that ​much patience.

I intend to do a proper journeymen save this game. Start in lower-league England, see if I can get someone up and into the premier league before moving into the territory of Asia maybe (If Japan is actually in game this year or if there's a decent J. League database out), the MLS and some international management before returning to Europe.

I shall start as Hampton & Richmond ( which I'm currently playing as with fm2012 ) .

I shall do a little cheat though, I shall improve the youth intake in the editor. That's the only cheat I shall do. Yep, its quite a big cheat.

So much looking forward to the improvements after the 2012 version.

Sorry, going off topic.

I'll wait for the final patch first (unless I'll get some good news about the state of the ME).

Then...

Leeds United, to confirm they're crap as always and I can't improve the team. Quit out of frustration.

Juventus (the team I support), to confirm they're as good as always and I can't improve the team. Quit out of boredom.

Millwall, or Plymouth, or West Ham, to confirm that the game is incredibly easy if you have a decent team and a decent tactic that suits the players. Start a long term save, do all I can do, wait for a call from a bigger team, the call never comes, quit out of frustration.

Aaaaaand repeat until FM16.

Even though I've got the latest transfer window DB, I'm holding off on starting a fair few new saves for FM15 so I can have something fresh :D

The teams I'm lining up to start out with when the game comes out are:

Manchester United - The club I support, and with the way the transfer window has gone, I can't wait to get going with them! It's going to be really interesting to see what SI has done with them stats and performance wise too.

Queens Park Rangers - My local team who I follow. Again, they've only just got promoted and signed some great players like Sandro and Eduardo Vargas, so it'll be a good challenge to try and build them up.

Fulham - Love the club, I've seen them play a few times at the cottage, and now being in the championship is a great excuse to bring a lot of the excellent youths into the first team, a proper project!

Borussia Dortmund - Was always planning on starting a save with them on the new game, but now with Kagawa I feel there's even more reason to! Brilliant squad, now with some added depth compared to last seasons squad, will be interesting to see how Ramos and Immobile hold up.

AS Roma - Another club who had a groundbreaking transfer window, they've got a very talented, young squad, with a few wonderkids like Iturbe, Paredes and Sanabria, and also the legend that is Totti! Will be fun to see how they fare in Europe.

Valencia - A team who over the past few years I've thought have been uninspiring, but now with Peter Lim behind the club they don't have the financial limitations holding them back, and have made some very interesting acquisitions, with a fair few young Portuguese and Argentinian talents being bought, along with Rodrigo and Negredo up front looking a formidable force!

As you can see, I plan to start a fair few saves when the game comes out :p So, who are you guys looking forward to starting with when FM15 comes out?

Nowt wrong with any of them saves all interesting in there own way, But how you support/follow 3 teams??? Very strange.

I'll probably start 1 with Wednesday then get sacked and have a dabble with a Madrid/City/Juve for some confidence and then have a massive career game going with Sunday league rep & unemployed or random for 1st job.

Usually like starting with teams in League One or Two who have fallen by the by a little bit recently. Last year I did Wolves and this year I might try Coventry or Portsmouth. Aim as always is to get the Liverpool job through working my way up. Didn't manage it in FM14 so there's more incentive to do it this time around.

Southampton - I've enjoyed them in fm 2014. But they just aren't the team they used to be.. Might give them a miss.

Liverpool - A lot of potential, shame they had to let Suarez go, even if he is a biter. The new transfers have been exciting though, they now own most of the good Southampton squad and Balotelli. Its going to be a great year for them if it comes together..

Huddersfield - enjoy a challenge.

Bayern Munich - got some of my favorite players and will just be a fun team to play.

Nowt wrong with any of them saves all interesting in there own way, But how you support/follow 3 teams??? Very strange.

I'll probably start 1 with Wednesday then get sacked and have a dabble with a Madrid/City/Juve for some confidence and then have a massive career game going with Sunday league rep & unemployed or random for 1st job.

To clarify, there's a big difference in 'support' and 'follow'. I truly support Manchester United, they're the only club I really get emotional about when they win or lose. With QPR, Fulham and Dortmund, I follow them, as I really like the clubs and their squads and want them to succeed and win regularly (As long as its not against United :p). The difference being, if any of the teams apart from United lose, I'm not exactly overly fussed, and I don't really get overly hyped when they score/win, its just nice to see them do well :)

• 2 weeks later...

Man United to start, then I will start a career with a in either league 2 or the conference. then just dip in and out of both.

Each year I have being doing less and less reloading, going from any loss to the occasional rage quit, so this year I will try muster some willpower and it only a game and not reload at all.

I can never understand why people who want a career save, initially start with a Man U or Arsenal save to 'test the water'. Surely, the idea behind a career save is to develop yourself as a manager during the progress of your career?

The only thing I would say against my argument is that I prefer to start with a mid-range reputation so that my job/interview offers are a level above the worst leagues, which I think is fair enough given my reasonable experience of football and FM in general..!

Last two FMs I've played properly (2012 and 2014), I've managed Wigan and had a self-imposed player ban on anyone who isn't of Latin American or Scottish first nationality (and that includes staff)

Since Martinez's departure they've unfortunately not been as reliant on Scots and Latin Americans as before, so it makes the first season a massive upheaval, but it's been great fun! Home grown players are an issue, as are work permits (and scouting, as the board usually won't let me scout South America...), but I've stumbled upon some players I'd never have bothered with otherwise as a result, and turned them into Wigan legends.

Up until last year, FM 14, I always started as coventry..my team, but the whole sisu stuff and being at northampton put me off, so I started as arsenal just cos I got a lot of arsenal supporting mates and quite enjoyed that.

I am sorely tempted to go with grimsby town because I had one of my best ever football manager careers with them, in FM 13, from conference to champions league football, mostly all thanks to coming on these forums and actually learning about what the hell it is I'm trying to do...but funnily enough, I always follow grimsby results as a 2nd favourite team after that save.. Has anyone else picked up an interest in teams in real life just because of careers with them in FM?

I think it's between coventry and grimsby for me at the moment, in regards to who I'm gonna start with.

I can never understand why people who want a career save, initially start with a Man U or Arsenal save to 'test the water'. Surely, the idea behind a career save is to develop yourself as a manager during the progress of your career?

The only thing I would say against my argument is that I prefer to start with a mid-range reputation so that my job/interview offers are a level above the worst leagues, which I think is fair enough given my reasonable experience of football and FM in general..!

To get used to the new stuff and find out what stuff actually is for. If i don't i'll probably just avoid certain things forever without ever finding out

what it's there for and what it does.

When the test save is over it'll get deleted and i'll start the career save, which will last all the way to the release of next version of FM.

Man Utd fan from Manchester, but usually avoid being Utd. I don't see the point.

Probs go for the Mrs hometown, shes from Torquay but they have no potential, so go Plymouth, 20'000 seater stadium, good fanbase as most of Cornwall follow them, got a good hardcore fanbase as well. They took Millwall to pieces once down there at Home Park (i'm sure Millwall fans will deny that though) Also going to visit the in-laws this weekend so off there to see the Pilgrims vs Carlisle this weekend, so I can do a personal scouting mission.

I went Derby on FM14 cos they're a great club with great support, but they're expected to go up this season so its not as fun when you don't overachieve.

Rochdales a good one, investing heavily in youth at the moment and flying the flag with Utd when it comes to playing young lads from Gtr. Manchester, try and find the next Scott Hogan, Salford lad signed on a free from Hyde and sold for £1m to Brentford. Build the club up that way. (Although I don't think it would ever be possible to do that on the game which is a shame and maybe needs looking at )

Lived in Malaga for a bit and went to see them a few times, might be them, shame whats happened to them though now, but they have the best support in Spain, the only club that travels away in La Liga in big numbers. Or if I wanted a lower league Spanish challenge maybe go for a big Andalucian club with potential. Cadiz is always one, big city, nice stadium, good potential, same with Jaen and Cordoba.

Too many options really, and I say i'll start with Plymouth but i'll have a scout about and probably end up being someone completely different, but Plymouth is what i'm gonna go for on my first save.

I'll start a "practice" save with my team, Valencia. First time in years you can feel the hope among the suporters (even though we almost got to the EL final last year). Lots of new signings, more spending money, some hot prospects and generally a lot of new things to fool around with. And Paco f*cking Alcacer. :)

After a couple of seasons I'll start the real one unemployed.

Inter Milan - I fancy rebuilding them and making them a force again. Plus I absolutely love Mauro Icardi (not all of the story about him stealing Lopez' wife is true you know)

The I'll probably start one with Burnley as that's who I support, then I'll probably do a journeyman save.

ATM, I'm actually leaning towards starting at a team that doesn't have a manager. Feels more realistic than possibly dumping somebody out of a job who may have only just got there. I'll probably tick the only manage teams with vacant posts option and see who I fancy from the selection available. I quite fancy someone with a sound financial base this time TBH. Tired of being at clubs where I have to dig them out of financial holes. Be nice to be at a club where I can focus on being a football manager for once. I'll just have to wait and see what's available from the leagues I select.

I think I'll have a long term Arsenal save this season. I've tried Dafuge again this season with FC United, but couldn't get the success I did with my FM12 Harrow Borough save.

I might do what I did a couple of years ago and have an Arsenal save but as a Guatemalan manager, then challenge myself to win everything with both Arsenal and Guatemala - though this would probably only happen if I liked FM15 so much that I skipped FM16....

It's been a while since I managed Arsenal, and I like what we've done in the transfer market this season, even if we are playing like poo so far this year!

cant decide, the options in my head are:

Bolton (my team)

Everton or Liverpool (usually start with one of these two)

Chorley (I always at some point take over a conference north team and take them as far as possible, Southport to Championship, Vauxhall Motors to midtable Premier League)

San Marino challenge (definitely doing this, just not sure if should as first job)

Archived