Sports Interactive Community

Have you ever not played/sold a player purely because they are ugly?

I have a player who is actually pretty decent, but he hasnt played a game in the two seasons Ive had him, just cause he is so ugly. e looks like he is wearing makeup or something, to cover the ugliness. lol

fmplayer.jpg

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Imagine if Ronaldinho coaches did the same thing. Geez, wow.

They exclude talented players due to their race or height, so it actually wouldn't surprise me.

Ugly? Never. Bad hairstyle/mullet...maybe. Honestly, it's rare I even look at their picture. Now if someone wants to created an edited Women's League database with facepack...I might have a look.

No way, and I've had uglier players than that. You should've seen my left wingback on FM13. He was ugly to start, but then at some point his hair disappeared somehow and he looked terrifying. But as long as he kept getting up and down the touchline I didn't care.

No, your player isn't even ugly tbh.

My best regen ever was incredibly ugly, he was so ugly that there weren't any distractions for him outside of football.

Quite a thick veil if you ask me. If that is the case. This guy isn't that good especially considering at this stage of the game this guy would be average at best. Considering the overall increase in player quality over time in this game.

Hmm. He makes 1.9m after tax. Why does SI want me to know that? How do I utilize that tidbit to improve my game play?

Or do I need to peruse his deductions screen to see if he needs more tax withheld?

Hmm. He makes 1.9m after tax. Why does SI want me to know that? How do I utilize that tidbit to improve my game play?

Or do I need to peruse his deductions screen to see if he needs more tax withheld?

I've always thought this

No way, and I've had uglier players than that. You should've seen my left wingback on FM13. He was ugly to start, but then at some point his hair disappeared somehow and he looked terrifying. But as long as he kept getting up and down the touchline I didn't care.

It wasn't Robben was it?

It's because players take this into account when deciding which team to join. For example if they got identical offers from two teams from identically reputable league and the teams were identical in rep. He would probably say "wow, tax in Spain is more than 50%, stuff that. I'll go to England where tax is much lower."

In 2023 this guy would be average at best.

He goes alright. Pretty good for my team at least.

Heres another regen face who scares me, Im not sure if he's happy or sad or just sadistic.

Capture.jpg

From what I see of modern day players, money seems to make them very handsome based upon the girls they have on their arms :D

From what I see of modern day players, money seems to make them very handsome based upon the girls they have on their arms :D

Bacary Sagna would be a very good example :brock:

I like ugly players, as long as they are not 14 year old bald regens. Then I look like I'm managing terminal illness FC.

I like ugly players, as long as they are not 14 year old bald regens. Then I look like I'm managing terminal illness FC.

I have managed ILLford!

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Imagine if Ronaldinho coaches did the same thing. Geez, wow.

Actually Real Madrid famously refused to sign him for that very reason. Madness.

I never actually looked at my player's faces until seeing this thread, and now I have worked out I have a vampire (which has just fed) and a vulcan on my playing staff (at first I thought elf, but no - vulcan I think).

You're an idiot

Er have you never heard of all those star players that were rejected by other clubs because they were "too short"? Are you even aware of the discrimination against Asians, and still blacks, to the point where even captains of their counties aren't getting a look in, yet only the Asians? No, because you are the idiot. See the post after yours.

I never look at a computer generated image and think that the "cartoon" version is ugly, good looking or otherwise...

Whether people do this in real life is another story... but within the boundaries of the game I don't care what a random generated image looks like, nor do I care.

This is a game built on stats and databases, and the generated image for a player does not affect their ability to play, or merchandise.

For it to be important to me, it would have to have some sort of "Handsomeness" rating, where if you buy a player with a handsomeness of 1, then you don't get a lot of people buying merchandise with their face on it. And if it's a handsomeness of 20, then you get more people buying their merchandise.

This could then be tied into the financial structure of the club in terms of revenue brought in by players during extracurricular work for the club... I guess then you'd have to bring all sorts of things to make this even more realistic...

modelling contracts

agents for the models at the club

extra lotion

time off from training etc