MLS in FM 15

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoying playing the MLS so far!

One thing I hope gets tweaked and which has been a problem for a couple versions now (my first FM was FM12) is that the AI rarely tries to fill all 30 slots on its roster. I know only 20 is required but the problem here is when the AI start to get hit by injuries and then resorts to playing greyed players...

...Not to mention that playing as the user, I have an advantage because I am going to try and fill up all 30 rosters slots just in case I do suffer from injuries. The AI doesn't even try to go out and sign replacements for injuries because it has the grey players to fill that void.

Could be interesting playing as NYCFC or Orlando and not playing an MLS schedule in 2014 (just friendlies) and build your staff and sign free agents. !st playable season would be in 2015. Noticed that Chivas USA is still in the league in 2015. Both NYCFC and Orlando placed in Eastern Conference and Houston shifts back to the Western Conference.

Could be interesting playing as NYCFC or Orlando and not playing an MLS schedule in 2014 (just friendlies) and build your staff and sign free agents. !st playable season would be in 2015. Noticed that Chivas USA is still in the league in 2015. Both NYCFC and Orlando placed in Eastern Conference and Houston shifts back to the Western Conference.

Man, I'm praying that we can add/remove future teams in the editor without breaking things of course!

I could possibly expand the MLS to 30 teams or just add the expected teams like Miami, Atlanta, another LA team and Minn :cool:

Really enjoying playing the MLS so far!

One thing I hope gets tweaked and which has been a problem for a couple versions now (my first FM was FM12) is that the AI rarely tries to fill all 30 slots on its roster. I know only 20 is required but the problem here is when the AI start to get hit by injuries and then resorts to playing greyed players...

...Not to mention that playing as the user, I have an advantage because I am going to try and fill up all 30 rosters slots just in case I do suffer from injuries. The AI doesn't even try to go out and sign replacements for injuries because it has the grey players to fill that void.

The grey players thing would be a bug unfortunately.

If you have a save where the AI is using grey players instead of signing real ones could you upload it to the FTP please? Details for how to do so are; https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#ftp and then posting in this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399739-U.S.A.-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues Thanks :thup:

Glad you're enjoying it though. Hopefully it feels even more realistic than previous years.

The grey players thing would be a bug unfortunately.

If you have a save where the AI is using grey players instead of signing real ones could you upload it to the FTP please? Details for how to do so are; https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#ftp and then posting in this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399739-U.S.A.-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues Thanks :thup:

Glad you're enjoying it though. Hopefully it feels even more realistic than previous years.

Done. :thup:

Damn! Another save to add to my ever increasing list. Seriously though, I am impressed with what you have implemented with Orlando City and New York City.

How are you approaching the manaing for NYFC? When I started a save yesterday, I chose them. Of course the roster is empty and you sit out that upcoming season, but I will fulling around and was able to sign a bunch of players. Should you do that or have an empty roster and not incure debts due to wages and no income, and wait for the expanion draft and MLS draft at the end of the 2014 season?

How are you approaching the manaing for NYFC? When I started a save yesterday, I chose them. Of course the roster is empty and you sit out that upcoming season, but I will fulling around and was able to sign a bunch of players. Should you do that or have an empty roster and not incure debts due to wages and no income, and wait for the expanion draft and MLS draft at the end of the 2014 season?
Started an NYCFC save in Jan 2014. Going to hire some staff so my staff can scout & evaluate players. Hope to sign them and send them out on loan to other countries or NASL or USPro. We'll see if it works out. Hope to fill out squad & staff when 2014 season ends. I did notice for those interested that Chivas USA is in the MLS schedule for 2015. It's a 21 team league when NYCFC & Orlando join.

One thing that I think really needs to be looked at is the amount of goalkeepers that are signed and then waived. In the space of 10 days there must have been at least 10+ goalkeepers waived. Getting pretty unrealistic in my humble opinion

One thing that I think really needs to be looked at is the amount of goalkeepers that are signed and then waived. In the space of 10 days there must have been at least 10+ goalkeepers waived. Getting pretty unrealistic in my humble opinion

Thanks for the feedback. As MB says above, this one is under review internally.

Started with NYFC, went the whole year scouting and setting things up, got my team together, tactic created, entered my first game and right when I pressed the space bar to advance into the game right after the pre game media interview, the game crashes!!

That's good to know.

On a side note - how do you find out which players you have the rights for? Struggling to see it.

There's two ways.

1. Click scouting on the sidebar. Then under show filters pick exclude players who don't have rights held...

2. When you offer a trade you can pull up a list of player rights.

Would recommend using the first way though so you can see more information about the players.

There's two ways.

1. Click scouting on the sidebar. Then under show filters pick exclude players who don't have rights held...

2. When you offer a trade you can pull up a list of player rights.

Would recommend using the first way though so you can see more information about the players.

Perfect thanks a bunch

So its FM 2015 but when you play MLS its basically FM 2014. lol you couldnt make this stuff up.

Um...all the leagues start in 2014. Plus, because the MLS starts in March, rather than August like the Euro leagues, it is not possible for them to start the MLS in the 2015 season. Not that hard to understand.

Buy the licenses and patch it in march. I know its a new season, making it FM2016. People still gonna be like yo wtf come march. Like I said, fair enough though.

No, never came across anyone on here that is struggling to understand it like yourself. The MLS is in the same current season as the BPL. They just start 4 months before them.

lol weird dude, thats so confusing.

Play the game and it won't be,

NYFC and Orlando are programmed into the game, but their MLS season doesn't start until the 2015 season (in the game and in real life). So when you start a save in the MLS, the MLS is only a 18 team league. NYFC and Orlando are dormant for that season. Then when december comes around, there is an expansion draft for both teams. They then pick #1 and #2 in the upcoming MLS draft. P.s. if you would have read this thread, you would have found all that out.

Again, not hard to understand lol. You are just confusing yourself, or just refusing to understand it for whatever motive.

Here's my question--I tried to take charge of NYFC and it shows the annual wage is over $4m/year, but the league's limit is around 2.5m. Does this mean that right off the bat NYFC is 1.5m over the annual wage limit??

No. There is no league wage limit. I am managing NYFC right now. Just about to enter the 2015 season and my annual wage is $8 mil. That includes the actual wages of your Designated Players. In terms of league limit when you register your players, it is like $3.5mil. But certain players don't count against that, and the designated player counts as a fraction of that. So, the team wage limit and the league wage limit are going to be two different numbers.

No. There is no league wage limit. I am managing NYFC right now. Just about to enter the 2015 season and my annual wage is $8 mil. That includes the actual wages of your Designated Players. In terms of league limit when you register your players, it is like $3.5mil. But certain players don't count against that, and the designated player counts as a fraction of that. So, the team wage limit and the league wage limit are going to be two different numbers.

That's fine, but then how do I know how much of it is actually applying so I can see if I can afford to bring more players or not? In previous FMs it was clearer. Can you please elaborate?

Thanks!

That's fine, but then how do I know how much of it is actually applying so I can see if I can afford to bring more players or not? In previous FMs it was clearer. Can you please elaborate?

Thanks!

On the player contract screen, it shows the impact on the salary cap. For instance, for David Villa. His wage is $6,0000. Then right next to that it shows what amount of it is applied to the MLS registration cap, which is $388,000.

On the player contract screen, it shows the impact on the salary cap. For instance, for David Villa. His wage is $6,0000. Then right next to that it shows what amount of it is applied to the MLS registration cap, which is $388,000.

So basically I have to go through the squad and add all those numbers...?

I did notice for those interested that Chivas USA is in the MLS schedule for 2015. It's a 21 team league when NYCFC & Orlando join.

One could turn them into a second LA team (rebrand them)

Is the 2015 season suppose to have 30 games? I thought they were still going with 34 for the 2015 season IRL

A question for all you who have had a chance to sign players in MLS so far...

How are agents treated? Do you still have to negotiate an agent fee or have they fixed it so that agents are paid by the players they represent?

A question for all you who have had a chance to sign players in MLS so far...

How are agents treated? Do you still have to negotiate an agent fee or have they fixed it so that agents are paid by the players they represent?

You still negotiate an agent's fee, same as any other league.

My complaint about MLS so far: I still don't really like trade negotiations. I don't think I'm getting very much feedback from the other team, especially in terms of how far away they believe a deal is.

It would, of course, be better if teams could give a counter-offer similar to the way that AI clubs do when you're trying to negotiate a transfer, but I'm not sure FM can really reliably do that (yet?) for American sports-style trades.

My complaint about MLS so far: I still don't really like trade negotiations. I don't think I'm getting very much feedback from the other team, especially in terms of how far away they believe a deal is.

It would, of course, be better if teams could give a counter-offer similar to the way that AI clubs do when you're trying to negotiate a transfer, but I'm not sure FM can really reliably do that (yet?) for American sports-style trades.

Unfortunate. I've stayed away from MLS in FM 14 as agent integration and how they're paid is incorrect for MLS. Agents are not paid by clubs; they receive a fixed percentage of what the player makes. Meant to ensure that agents actually work in the best interests of their player and not the best interests of themselves. How it's implemented right not doesn't make sense.

Hi NickG. Are you finding this issue occurs when selecting 'Suggest Terms'? The AI clubs do have the ability to negotiate trade offers when that option is selected.

If you get the 'Negotiated' transfer state on the trade page, it means that the AI is interested in doing a deal, and you are therefore in the right sort of area to do so.

Hi NickG. Are you finding this issue occurs when selecting 'Suggest Terms'? The AI clubs do have the ability to negotiate trade offers when that option is selected.

If you get the 'Negotiated' transfer state on the trade page, it means that the AI is interested in doing a deal, and you are therefore in the right sort of area to do so.

Yes - when I hit "suggest terms", it always gives me a red "rejected" box, or a green "accepted" box. I've never seen the "negotiated" box that you've referred to. Maybe this is because my offers have either been too good or too bad to negotiate, but I wish other teams were more active in offering different players, or that there was a line of text explaining their logic: "We're not interested in that player", "That isn't enough", "We do not want to trade Player X", etc.

EDIT: OOTP 15 is excellent at this.

Yes - when I hit "suggest terms", it always gives me a red "rejected" box, or a green "accepted" box. I've never seen the "negotiated" box that you've referred to. Maybe this is because my offers have either been too good or too bad to negotiate, but I wish other teams were more active in offering different players, or that there was a line of text explaining their logic: "We're not interested in that player", "That isn't enough", "We do not want to trade Player X", etc.

EDIT: OOTP 15 is excellent at this.

Thanks for the feedback. I does sound like you just haven't quite got in to the Negotiated range yet.

Once you do, you'll see the AI actually changing the parts involved in the trade to be more like what they want (certain players/rights, draft picks, money etc), it's just a case of finding the right balance. Keep playing around with it!

I will! As a suggested tweak, I wish the "suggest terms" box didn't grey itself out the first time I offer something too low to be negotiated, even if I change the players/picks involved, but I see how that could be prone to abuse. Maybe a low number of suggestions would be better - 3 suggestions, maybe, before the other team finally hangs up the metaphorical phone? I think that would better match the ebb and flow of a trade negotiation.

Archived