Sports Interactive Community

Apologies if posted in wrong forum but i have a dilemma.... In 9th season at spurs and im at my celing were richest team in world ranked number 1 and won everything numerous times and for once really enjoying this save as picking up lots of achievements but my problem is i rejected a contract offer by mistake last season now since the option to renew contract is greyed out and cant talk to board.

Will this stay like it till my contract runs out???? Any ideas how to get another contract offer???

Apologies if posted in wrong forum but i have a dilemma.... In 9th season at spurs and im at my celing were richest team in world ranked number 1 and won everything numerous times and for once really enjoying this save as picking up lots of achievements but my problem is i rejected a contract offer by mistake last season now since the option to renew contract is greyed out and cant talk to board.

Will this stay like it till my contract runs out???? Any ideas how to get another contract offer???

How long till your contract runs out?

In my experience, if you're doing a very good job they will come back with another renewal offer during the final 6 months of your contract. I've had this happen numerous times even after earlier rejecting contract extensions talks.

Your Board probably doesn't see the need to renew your contract if it still has 18 month left. Give it time and it should be selectable again, maybe when there is less than a year left.

No need to panic if you have 18 months left. I once rejected the extension a week before end of contract, and finally signed it when the board came back with the offer a day before the end day :D

You can always talk to another team about an open position - if you're doing well, your board will immediately try to get you to renew your contract and withdraw your application from the other team.

You can always talk to another team about an open position - if you're doing well, your board will immediately try to get you to renew your contract and withdraw your application from the other team.

Not exactly, in the aforementioned situation I only received "stay at the club" talks when I declared interest to other clubs. If I accepted the new philosophy and budget will be set but no new contract.