Sports Interactive Community
eple

Never seen this before! Player terminates contract.

I had no idea this could happen.

Benteke became unsettled after a few large clubs showed interest. Nothing I could do really to talk him out of wanting to leave, but I chose to keep him around anyway. I've gotten Villa to the CL and the club was just taken over by a consortium so I figured I could win him over in time. His moral went to abysmal, but he still scored goals and played generally well. The odd game he would just be utterly useless though. After one such game I gave him an official warning (not a fine).

Then this happened :O

tB7gSO4.png

http://i.imgur.com/tB7gSO4.png

AyyrBBD.png

http://i.imgur.com/AyyrBBD.png

Never saw this. Probably because I'm more friendly towards my players ;) That's a lot of money you lose...

Ive only ever had a player do that once. I was annoyed and impressed at the same time.

Same here :)

So, how long has this been in the game?

Since FM06, I had Flavio Conceciao do it at Real Madrid.

Not sure about this. The reason given does not meet the requirements under sport just cause, the game date is incorrect & as far as I knew this aspect of contract law is not included in FM.

The 2nd pic shows "The Player Status committee"....

Does that mean that you signed him to a contract that said he was going to be a "key player" or similar, and then you then didn't treat him as a key player? Is that why his complaint was upheld?

The real life rule can be enforced if an established professional has appeared in fewer than 10% of a senior matches when available for selection & can only be invoked by the player within 15 days of the last official match of the season.

Neither of these conditions are met by the the OP's screenshots & as I said I have no recollection of this ever being a feature in FM so it could be a custom edit, if it's not then I would really like to see a copy of the save before the event.

Its been in for years and never really matched the rules. Tends to happen when you treat the more unprofessional players badly.

I've had players request a contract termination but I have never seen it handled in this way, iirc it is rare irl so it stands to reason that if it is in FM then it would be equally rare.

The real life rule can be enforced if an established professional has appeared in fewer than 10% of a senior matches when available for selection & can only be invoked by the player within 15 days of the last official match of the season.

Neither of these conditions are met by the the OP's screenshots & as I said I have no recollection of this ever being a feature in FM so it could be a custom edit, if it's not then I would really like to see a copy of the save before the event.

Is it a (rare) bug then? He's a key player and had played close to every game. This happened the day after a match. It was the 3rd time I had given him a warning for poor performance in 5 months. I'm using a database update, don't know if that makes a difference.

I have a save from the the day it happened (January 18th, meaning I already got the inbox message) and one from a week before.

If you can upload a copy from the week before I should be able to use that, can you also upload copies of all the database edits that are active on that game along with links to where the files came from if they are not your own work? Can you also confirm what game version you're currently using.

Details on uploading files can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Thanks.

Can I send you a dropbox link or something like that instead of using the ftp? I tried my best a while back and couldn't get the ftp to work despite trying out various software. The files showed up as being only a few MB and I got error messages.

Here's the thread for the update I was using.