Sports Interactive Community

I am getting a ridiculous amount of injuries, I've had 10 players go off in the last 10 games including 3 in my last match. Is there a known issue with injuries because surely this is too much? I loaded up another save I had just to see if it was bad luck and a player has gone off in the first minute.

What Sikker said. If you're getting many, many injuries regularly and it seems like you are, it's down to something you're doing.

There is no bug.

Injuries happen, if you are going through a bad spell its a combination of tactics, players, opposition & bad luck.

Players who are injury prone are more likely to be injured, the opposition can target important players in your team which can increase the risk of injury as can using unfit players.

Tactics can increase the risk in a number of ways. If your team hold the ball too much they draw tackles and more tackles = more chance of injuries. High tempo tactics risk strains from players constantly turning and running in the opposite direction. They also tire the players quicker meaning players make mistakes while it can also mean players stretching to make tackles they wouldn't normally make.

I get an injury crisis like you describe every few seasons. Ones where u get a news items saying your squad is down to the bare bones. It will sort itself out. If your really good I think the opposition target your best players.

Also check your physios and your training. Maybe they aren't good enough or you don't have any... Maybe your training workload (team plus individual) is too high...

Actually, if he's getting a lot of in-match injuries, I'm thinking his training is too low. That their workload isn't high enough so they can't cope with the intensity of a match-day.

Ok cheers, I'll increase the training. I'm not going through a bad spell, it's just really frustrating seeing this many injuries and I wasn't aware that I could affect it.

Actually, if he's getting a lot of in-match injuries, I'm thinking his training is too low. That their workload isn't high enough so they can't cope with the intensity of a match-day.

Who am I to contradict a mod but couldn't it be that they go into the matches overstressed? I tend to get more injuries (relatively to the number of games) in preseason friendlies while I have high physical training...

But let's just say his training might be too high or too low :)

Ok cheers, I'll increase the training. I'm not going through a bad spell, it's just really frustrating seeing this many injuries and I wasn't aware that I could affect it.

If you want more specific advice from users here, you'd need to tell us what you are currently doing with your training.

How much match prep training?

What general/team training and at what intensity?

Do you do individual training and at what intensity?

Do you rest players before or after a game or do you rest them before and after?

Who am I to contradict a mod but couldn't it be that they go into the matches overstressed? I tend to get more injuries (relatively to the number of games) in preseason friendlies while I have high physical training...

But let's just say his training might be too high or too low :)

I'm just a user like you. :)

I was just speculating. You may be right too, but my thinking was that over-training them would lead to many training injuries as well, which the OP didn't mention. Like I said in the previous post, he'd be better off giving us exactly what he is doing so that we wouldn't have to guess.

Most of the people here avoid the obvious issue for some reason.

There is a hidden stat called injury proneness. If you have lots of players with bad numerical value in that stat you are going to get lots of injuries regardless of what you do. You can minimize it somewhat but if they are injury prone they will get injured.

If you find players that tend to get serious injuries once a year or multiple minor injuries every year get rid of them. The only way you can see the hidden stats is with a program like FMRTE.

I personally believe the whole not training enough is a myth that somehow gets perpetuated on these forums. As long as they are match fit you should be fine.

Most of the people here avoid the obvious issue for some reason.

It was mentioned somewhere further up the thread. I wanted to offer additional options. But you are surely right that IP also is one possible reason.

I keep training at light training.

I keep it on balanced, with more focus on individual (heavy). The combined training is always light or average never any more than that outside of pre-season.

In December, it's a good idea to switch to fitness training and reduce the workload in the Premier League as this is the time when you can have a full congested calandar and very few rest days.

For that matter, I only allow a rest after a game.

Injuries for me are more common in Pre-Season, very rare throughout the season.

I've had an 'injury-crisis' - My RWB was out for four months, my LWB out for four months and my strikers got a few injuries. But those were done on International Duty so I'm content my training methods avoid the majority of injuries. :)

I keep training at light training.

I keep it on balanced, with more focus on individual (heavy). The combined training is always light or average never any more than that outside of pre-season.

In December, it's a good idea to switch to fitness training and reduce the workload in the Premier League as this is the time when you can have a full congested calandar and very few rest days.

For that matter, I only allow a rest after a game.

Injuries for me are more common in Pre-Season, very rare throughout the season.

I've had an 'injury-crisis' - My RWB was out for four months, my LWB out for four months and my strikers got a few injuries. But those were done on International Duty so I'm content my training methods avoid the majority of injuries. :)

That's literally a copy of my training approach with the same effect of very few injuries during the season.

I can only add that in preseason I put more emphasis on team training (medium to heavy fitness training) and less on individual. Prematch training (tactics only in preseason) is also extended until everything is back up to fluid. Also no rest in preseason.