Sports Interactive Community
Starby

Life imitating art - real life transfers that happened first on FM

Apologies if a thread was started on this in the past but I thought it would be fun to share instances where a player you've signed for a team has actually done the same afterwards in real life from the same team. The prompt for me is Marcos Rojo's impending move to Man Utd from Sporting on whom I spent about £10m in FM12. Was good too from memory - displaced Evra as my regular LB. The only other one I can remember is signing Ivan Rakitic for Sevilla from Schalke in FM10 (one of my favourite ever saves).

Lazar Markovic signed for Liverpool in FM 2012 - and was pretty prolific - went on to be a club legend.

On FM13 i bought Matic back to Chelsea a couple of months before they done so in real life. Was a very underrated player in the game.

I remember a few years back managing Arsenal when they had Adebayor. I needed to free up some cash so offered him out for transfer only for a newly rich Man City to put in a big bid. I remember thinking "how unrealistic"... how wrong I was!

I signed Sakho for Liverpool back on FM08. Did pretty well for a few seasons.

I signed Tevez for Manchester United in FM a few years back, before he actually signed for the team in real life.

Milan buying all the useless bunch of cr**.... And aging players for unbelievably high price. Maybe FM15 could "simulate" the money that vanished too.

Nice to see it's not just me who thinks this about AC Milan, their recent transfer policy has been baffling to say the least.

Signing bang average players (or just those Inter don't want) for relatively huge sums.

Long gone are the days of the Giants of European football plying their trade at AC, with just their kit striking fear into the hearts of lesser clubs; halcyon days indeed.

Apologies if a thread was started on this in the past but I thought it would be fun to share instances where a player you've signed for a team has actually done the same afterwards in real life from the same team. The prompt for me is Marcos Rojo's impending move to Man Utd from Sporting on whom I spent about £10m in FM12. Was good too from memory - displaced Evra as my regular LB. The only other one I can remember is signing Ivan Rakitic for Sevilla from Schalke in FM10 (one of my favourite ever saves).

Kesiuke Honda on every save that i start with in FM2014, (original database not the new one) he always signs for AC Milan (you can sign him but you need to give him stupid money and bonuses!) in the new database he starts at AC Milan.

Fellaini to United

Moyes to United -_- (in jan patch he went to spurs and got fired... to be replaced by Giggs :D)

Shaw to United

I tried to buy Rojo for united in FM14... and there were work permit issues

Nice to see it's not just me who thinks this about AC Milan, their recent transfer policy has been baffling to say the least. Signing bang average players (or just those Inter don't want) for relatively huge sums. Long gone are the days of the Giants of European football plying their trade at AC, with just their kit striking fear into the hearts of lesser clubs; halcyon days indeed.
I blame the brazilians. It all start with all the brazilian bus arrived at San Siro.

I signed Matic to Benfica back in FM 2010 because I read an article about him in a football magazine. I was very surprised when he really went to Benfica 2 season after that

I might add I also signed Di Maria for man utd back in that fm 12 save but unfortunately doesn't look like that's gonna happen this time

Going back a bit but surely someone signed Kim Kallstrom for Arsenal back in the old CM days?

I have had Balotelli sign for Liverpool. He did go via Manchester City again though. Man City signed him in 2016 for £29m then sold him 2 years later to Liverpool for just under £10m

Van der Vaart as Tottenham manager in FM 2007. He became an integral AMC, always delivering top performances, until eventually retiring. Unlike real life when they just let him go randomly one season. He went on to manage HSV several times, being the first club to win the Champions League twice in a row, and getting their stadium named after him.

Capello must have played Football Manager, because he signed Gago and Higuain at exactly the same period everyone playing FM were banging on about them.