[FM2015] USA World Class MLS (8 levels)

Managing from the USASA, just got a promotion after 3 seasons into what should be AA- at league update date (June 30), I'm starting to get emails about being promoted from USASA to A1- that happened two years ago. Also, I won the A1 League championship at the end of last season, but now I just got redrawn into the same cup, same teams and everything. No schedules got put out for my league, too. Ill update to se what happens

EDIT: yeah, nothing seems to be updating. Im gonna sim a little further, see if anything changes, but it seems that in the 2nd season, everything goes to ****. I'g going to run a few tests to see what exactly causes the issues, don't hold your breath though

Along a similar line...

Just completed my first season with Bowling Green in USASA. I didn't get promoted but it looks like none of next seasons regular season games got scheduled. The Winter Travel Cup got scheduled fine but I currently have zero regular season games. And it looks like none of the teams that got promoted/relegated in any conference/division actually moved out. For example, St. Louis Kutis got promoted in my save but they're still in USASA Southeastern.

Overall I love the db I just wish it was working beyond 1 year for me at the moment. Perhaps I just got an unlucky glitch.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, that's an issue I wasn't able to fix. I think it's something hardcoded when you qualify for a higher or lower tier it triggers that media question. Luckily it doesn't have any hidden effects - no trophies, no history landmark updates, etc. You can just assume that the journalist was on crack like they tend to be.

In my endless hacking at this file I think I've finally figured out why this happens. When you have a round that ends a stage of a competition (in other words, both winner and loser have no "next round" within the stage - qualifying fate actions do not count) that assigns a ranking level of 0 to the winner, the game media treats it as a final even if the game itself doesn't (because . However, if you don't set a ranking level it defaults to 0, so it'll give you that media question for, say, the FIFA qualifying stages and deciders, or MLS conference finals (this is probably why the unmodded game always did that for conference finals, actually.). I've already seen that adding a Winner and Loser ranking level removed those questions from the deciders and from MLS conf finals - when my current game gets to the qualifying round stage again then we'll see if my theory is fully correct.

Along a similar line...

Just completed my first season with Bowling Green in USASA. I didn't get promoted but it looks like none of next seasons regular season games got scheduled. The Winter Travel Cup got scheduled fine but I currently have zero regular season games. And it looks like none of the teams that got promoted/relegated in any conference/division actually moved out. For example, St. Louis Kutis got promoted in my save but they're still in USASA Southeastern.

Overall I love the db I just wish it was working beyond 1 year for me at the moment. Perhaps I just got an unlucky glitch.

There are some additional editor files that will cause this to happen (certain media files from the real name fix are notorious for it, but there are probably others.)

Hey all, thanks for your patience. I've been super busy with my job but I'm going to put aside some time to work on a few fixes in a couple weeks once my new computer arrives. At this point, the file has gotten so big that it takes around 5 seconds for any changes I make to process in the editor, even the smallest change >:-O. Hopefully a new I7 processor, more RAM, and a 7200RRM harddrive can fix that.

Dallan, I appreciate you looking under the hood and helping with figure out some of the details of the issues. I'm still not 100% sure what's causing some people to experience the promotion issue, but I know for some people it could be a conflict with other mods or any extra/overwritten files (media files etc) that people downloaded. It could also be the new season end date and preseason rules I installed with this version, so I'm going to experiment with rolling it back to June 14th like in previous versions in a couple weeks.

Go USA!

Graaa

There are some additional editor files that will cause this to happen (certain media files from the real name fix are notorious for it, but there are probably others.)

Ah, okay. Is there anything I can do to prevent this sort of thing from happening then or is that something that has to be fixed in upcoming versions? Sorry, bit of a noob on this stuff.

To attempt to actually answer the question - it appears to work out of the box with the new update, even when using 15.3 database. I haven't actually played through, but the problem I was running into manifests on game start, and when I redownloaded new versions of the file and generated games with them the problem I will explain below didn't show up.

However, if you are editing the file, DO NOT load the 15.3 database in the editor before loading the file (default database is fine). If you do, DO NOT save or verify the file. If you do, it seems to lose (or fail to process - I am not sure if it is permanent) a lot of the changes made - they show up in change count but not in the editor's change history or in game. You will know this has happened if basically every division below the MLS Premier has fewer teams than it should, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the only change that vanishes.

I have no idea why this happens, but tl;dr: The file should work out of the box with 15.3 and the updated database (or if there are problems they will need a lot of testing to find) but if you edit the file, load the default database to edit it from, not 15.3.

Hi,

Really liking the look of this mod.

Is there any way of amending so that the 33% transfer tax doesn't happen? I notice it doesn't happen in the lower leagues and assume it is hard coded to the MLS? - Would creating a new division with a new unique ID and replacing the MLS with that resolve it? - I've tried myself but my advanced editor skills aren't great

If there is someone out there who is the most altruistic person the world has ever seen, please, please, please do a Raysox and make logos and kits for the teams. Everything about the database itself is tremendous, yet it slightly kills the immersion factor with every team having a plain logo and kit. If I could pay someone to do this, I most definitely would.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/96415-raysoxs-us-soccer-2030-football-manager-mod/

Theres the Raysox mod that he did earlier, and this would be incredible if it was in this. If anyone has any graphic skills, let me and graa kno, as I doubt he would have any objections to this happening. I will also ask Raysox in his old forum if he would want to do a little bit.

• 1 month later...

In my second season as NYCFC, I got put into the USA Under 23 Level 4 West. I don't want to be involved in that unless its my actual under 23 team - it makes my team play 42 games + my 38 regular league + FIFA champions league. As of now its my main squad involved against other under 23 and Orlando City/LA Galaxy. In the 3rd season, I got reenrolled into that Under 23 league and now the MLS season wont load and Aug 20. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

**Solved** Used the patch from a few pages back

I haven't played this MOD and I'm reading about a lot of technical difficulties, but I'm still considering downloading it. I'd like to play with Ottawa Fury. How would that work in this MOD and could I get promoted to the MLS?

I guess I could try and enter Ottawa Fury into the existing MLS competition?

• 3 months later...

Greetings fellow managers,

It's fair to say that I've neglected this mod in the past couple of months. More fair to say I've dropped off the face of the earth for a little while. I still want an exciting USA experience on the world stage, but I can't continue supporting this mod for a number of reasons. While I've finally managed to get a computer capable of handling a mod this size, the time off has left me a bit dumbfounded at where to begin in patching this mod back to working order. It's simply too big! Furthermore the new job takes up way too much time and energy. I've loved all the support that this mod has gotten and I hope this mod can be used by others to help design their own leagues. Any detail included in this mod is fair use - it's the least I can do to thank this amazing community for following me on this mad journey. One day I may find the time and inspiration to begin another (simpler!) project, but at this time I'm officially stating that USA World Class MLS won't be continued. Be sure to check out the other great MLS files out there.

Thanks everyone,

Graaa

Thank you for all that you have done for the mod Graaa, I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I do have a version that fixes the problems Joseph R. Cooper mentioned, and I will upload it to MEGA in a few hours (I have a doctor's appointment now). I'll edit this post with the link.

EDIT: https://mega.nz/#!EIdShKZb!kEP93S8LvmpXryPjhqjgVHT72D1QcxVFYMDXEL6EYjE

It's the Club World Cup New Teams with Canadian Draw fix and Affiliate fix. Enjoy.

Thank you for all that you have done for the mod Graaa, I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I do have a version that fixes the problems Joseph R. Cooper mentioned, and I will upload it to MEGA in a few hours (I have a doctor's appointment now). I'll edit this post with the link.

EDIT: https://mega.nz/#!EIdShKZb!kEP93S8LvmpXryPjhqjgVHT72D1QcxVFYMDXEL6EYjE

It's the Club World Cup New Teams with Canadian Draw fix and Affiliate fix. Enjoy.

I downloaded this, but when I try to play the game, it can only find 18 teams for MLS Premier, and only 16 teams for the division below that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any one have any idea if this mod will work with FM 16? Just curious. I haven't seen it asked yet. I have really enjoyed playing this mod and took Three Rivers United to world domination. I would just be curious to see how this works with create a club so I can dominate with my local club like I did at Three Rivers.

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who liked the CWC from this database, I've separated that part out, made some changes, and updated it for FM16: it's now in this thread.

The major changes in my version of the CWC are:

Removed the FIFA Super League. Teams that would have qualified for the Super League now qualify for an extra FIFA World League qualifying round.

Added the FIFA Youth League, which randomly picks youth teams from FCL-calibre sides and runs them through a Champions League style structure (I couldn't figure out how to make it precisely pick the youth teams of the CL sides like the real life UEFA Youth League does.)

Changed the FIFA club tournaments from 16 groups of 6 to 24 groups of 4 to cut down on the number of needed group stage fixtures (6 group games instead of 10). The 24 group winners automatically qualify for the round of 32/first knockout round. The 24 second place teams and the best 8 third-place teams go into a two-round, single-legged playoff held in the host country of the tournament final in mid-December, to cut those 32 teams down to 8 who will also go into the round of 32.

Does anyone know how OP managed to change the Youth Intake date from December to June? I've looked around at the original file in the Editor and I cannot figure out how it got changed.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't get your hopes up TOO high, but I'm going to try and get this converted for FM16. The core data won't be changed, I'll just be fixing up the rules and such so they work with FM16. Watch this space.

• 1 year later...

For those (like me!) that loved this db in FM15 (and as graaa left it open use), I think I have managed to resurrect it for FM17! I have holiday tested it for 12 years, and it seems to be stable. The issues with graaa's last FM15 release with teams qualifiying for the Open cup in the wrong year is fixed, as is the promotions in the A1 and AA leagues. I have checked and checked as much as possible, and all the promotions and relegations seem to work as intended.

A lot of the kits didn't merge over very well, so I have used the (very handy) randomise kits button for all teams who start in League 1 and below. I have then gone through and restored a few real teams to their original kits (Tampa Bay and Fort Lauderdale spring to mind), but the majority of teams are fictional so I figured that it didn't really matter if they had different kit colours to the last version. However, I don't claim to be an expert in American geography or culture, so if there is a particular team that you think should wear particular colours, please tell me and I will change it!

The issue with the World competitions confusing the qualifying rounds for the final is still there. I think it is fixable by messing around with the ranking levels but I'm not sure I know how to do it. The only thing it seems to affect is the media questions, it doesn't credit you with a trophy or anything like that.

A few screenshots:

Prime Cup Winners

National League Winners

Minor League Trophy Winners

Winter Travel Cup Winners

Champions League Winners

World League Winners

Most Expensive American Transfer Each Year

James McConnell - Best American player in 2028, 3rd place in 2026 Ballon D'Or

Hopefully there will still be interest in this. If there are any issues with it then let me know and I will try my best to fix it - I will warn you I am no editor genius though! This is all graaa's work, I have just edited it slightly to adapt it for FM17. I have not compatability tested it, so I would recommend that you do not load any other db's with it. The real names fix should be fine as long as you untick the media files. It will rename the MLS Premier League and Prime Cup though, as you can see in the screenshots above. Despite being English, I think this is my favourite db of all time so hopefully all will be well!

Download

Sorry, I changed the start date to skip most of the first season for testing purposes and forgot to change it back. Link now updated, and you should be able to choose whether to start in early June or early July in the first season.

• 2 months later...

So I simulated 7 seasons ahead to test things out, and A1 Northeast wound up with 58 teams from all over the country! I noticed the leagues are set so they can theoretically have all 129 teams in one division, so you may wana fix that. :p

Archived