[FM2015] USA World Class MLS (8 levels)

I don't know what to say about the Real Names Fix - will it work, will it not, I don't know. I seriously doubt it but hey, the easiest way to see is to load up a game, load only the top league to speed things up, and just simulate a year and see if the premier league updates to the next season after July 2015.

Just tested with Standard, and it works with Susie names fix.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just did a test with the Canadian Original's file last night with the name fix and just North American media and it worked fine. Must have been one of the other medias or something else in the real name fix that caused it as I read a few of the other media files screw things up after reading last night.

I am seeing a ton of one month loans in the first transfer window (Summer 2014). Seems odd but is this because the game hasn't figured out that the league dates have switched to winter dates? Not game breaking, just odd. Also noticed that when you choose to the USA start date many of the leagues aren't scheduled yet, and it seems to confuse the starting code a bit. For example I had no meeting with the assistant manager. Everything scheduled fine later and have had no issues since.

Really enjoying the db so far (early into it though). Transfer activity is nuts in that first window as teams seem to be "balancing" for their level, which makes sense. Also enjoy the new CWC format, it is perfect! Thanks for all your hard work

Nope, not many mods are 15.1.3 compatible due to the fixes in 15.2, and if you are still running that version of the game by now, you're most likely a pirate.

If you are a pirate, and I guess you are by your post count of 1, buy the game, support the devs, get more games and access to better mods. It's that simple.

Apologies to anyone who feels I'm being a bit harsh, but the amount of questions about 15.1.3 on mod threads by one post users is getting annoying, and many of them are pirates. :/

No feelings of you being harsh, I paid my 50 bucks for the game after getting last years for 12.50 during the World Cup sale and if pirates want mods to work for them, they'll have to buy it and if they don't they can enjoy having a broken game, the Susie mod breaks pirate FM installs due to a reliance on a .dll file.

Speaking of which, that was an isolated incident. Simmed a full year with 150+ leagues, seems that it was a bug that ate the game as I'm in mid July and everything has switched over.

Just tested with Standard, and it works with Susie names fix.
Just did a test with the Canadian Original's file last night with the name fix and just North American media and it worked fine. Must have been one of the other medias or something else in the real name fix that caused it as I read a few of the other media files screw things up after reading last night.

Look at that... I'll add a little stipulation in the compatibility notes - do not add media files if using Susie's name fix.

I am seeing a ton of one month loans in the first transfer window (Summer 2014). Seems odd but is this because the game hasn't figured out that the league dates have switched to winter dates? Not game breaking, just odd. Also noticed that when you choose to the USA start date many of the leagues aren't scheduled yet, and it seems to confuse the starting code a bit. For example I had no meeting with the assistant manager. Everything scheduled fine later and have had no issues since.

Really enjoying the db so far (early into it though). Transfer activity is nuts in that first window as teams seem to be "balancing" for their level, which makes sense. Also enjoy the new CWC format, it is perfect! Thanks for all your hard work

Yeah, I've seen a lot of activity in the first year and a couple questionable loan decisions. Overall, my major gripe with loans has more to do with the AI - they don't seem to realize that it's better to loan players until May in case they make the playoffs rather than until April (when they seem to think the whole season ends). As a human, you know better so this doesn't really affect you much.

I personally go unemployed the first year so I have yet to see any potential bugs lol. But ever since I bumped the update back to July there are bound to be a couple of trigger issues with having the game start in June. I'm happy to keep it where it is in June though because I want players to have time to do some scouting and then participate in a full transfer window (starting June 10th) the first year.

And it was my pleasure to deliver the best CWC possible - I am very happy with this one too so thanks for the support :)

Idea for next update- see if you can make a method of seeding or pots for the group stages and prelims. I'm seeing a group of Juventus, Real, Tottenham, Monaco, Shaktar, and Atletico, and other groups where the best team of the group is PSV, Seattle, and Fenerbahce.

I agree 100% - I for next version I'll try to figure out some way to seed more by club reputation rather than random.

Nah once you start messing with the MLS you might as well go the way graaa did as it breaks the hardcoding with the MLS and it cannot be implemented.

Plus with full pro/rel and the removal of the restrictive MLS Salary Rules, Allocation and the DP Rule, you can pretty much wreck the league with little trouble for a couple seasons before the league catches up.

I have a question, is there a way for me to add a team I create to your data base for personal use?

Yes, but you must replace an existing team to do so. You can't just add it in as an extra team. There is a guide to replacing teams somewhere buried in the first post. Advanced rules knowledge always helps.

So frustrated that my Mexican DM I signed will never get a work permit, my staff suggested I transfer-list him because he can't get a permit, so I list him and he immediately gets unhappy that I haven't given him a chance to prove himself. Then all the MLS teams come in with below-value bids for my AMC wunderkid that's still 17 and can't play for the team because he's on a youth contract. I go to sign a midfielder who's on an amateur contract during the transfer window and it tells me he won't join the team until June...so the kid's got to play out the season for no pay before joining my team? I thought the whole point of transfer windows is not waiting 6 months to get your players, and this center mid was available for "$0" (no transfer fee involved).

Other than that, the Wings are above expectations in 5th place, even though they lose a striker to injury almost every game, I just rotate one of my 5 strikers in each game.

Did feel really bad when the team was playing a home game in January in 13 degree weather and gusty winds, that couldn't be pleasant.

Yeah the weather is bugging me, but I can't think of a way around it. A break in Jan would cause terrible fixture congestion, so I think that is out. I can't see any fans showing up for Indy 11 games when it is -20F wind chills as it was a few weeks ago here. At least it seems there are fewer games in Jan and Feb than there is in August and Sept. No middle week games in Jan and Feb as I see, for example.

So frustrated that my Mexican DM I signed will never get a work permit, my staff suggested I transfer-list him because he can't get a permit, so I list him and he immediately gets unhappy that I haven't given him a chance to prove himself. Then all the MLS teams come in with below-value bids for my AMC wunderkid that's still 17 and can't play for the team because he's on a youth contract. I go to sign a midfielder who's on an amateur contract during the transfer window and it tells me he won't join the team until June...so the kid's got to play out the season for no pay before joining my team? I thought the whole point of transfer windows is not waiting 6 months to get your players, and this center mid was available for "$0" (no transfer fee involved).

Other than that, the Wings are above expectations in 5th place, even though they lose a striker to injury almost every game, I just rotate one of my 5 strikers in each game.

Did feel really bad when the team was playing a home game in January in 13 degree weather and gusty winds, that couldn't be pleasant.

I hear you Podunk - try the 1.4 file if you want, all of that should be fixed because I removed work permits and the 18 year old rule. I know you probably had some good memories saved, but I know you'll find 1.4 much to your liking.

Yeah the weather is bugging me, but I can't think of a way around it. A break in Jan would cause terrible fixture congestion, so I think that is out. I can't see any fans showing up for Indy 11 games when it is -20F wind chills as it was a few weeks ago here. At least it seems there are fewer games in Jan and Feb than there is in August and Sept. No middle week games in Jan and Feb as I see, for example.

I can always do the most minor tweaks to the weather in the USA/Canada - for Indianapolis it's set to have 30% of days below freezing and 35% of the days rain/snow. Seems a bit high to me don't you think? Maybe change it to 20% each category next version. I don't have a clue what these weather settings are based off but I can do some research and see if they are appropriate.

----------------------

On a different note - USL Pro now split into East/West leagues. Real life imitating "art"? lol

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/01/21/expanded-usl-pro-announces-new-league-alignment-competition-format-2015-seas?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

I hear you Podunk - try the 1.4 file if you want, all of that should be fixed because I removed work permits and the 18 year old rule. I know you probably had some good memories saved, but I know you'll find 1.4 much to your liking.

I've locked down a playoff spot, so I'm going to play that out first. I always run several saves concurrently - in fact, I DL's the updated database and I'm managing the Abbotsford Mariners in the same division as Wichita. I seem to have problems keeping just one ball in the air at a time.

I've locked down a playoff spot, so I'm going to play that out first. I always run several saves concurrently - in fact, I DL's the updated database and I'm managing the Abbotsford Mariners in the same division as Wichita. I seem to have problems keeping just one ball in the air at a time.

Stellar... time for the Sporting Kansas City fans to hop on the bandwagon and learn the team song!

graa, another kind of weird thing I am seeing in MLS League 1. You have a player of the week award, but the email is really "sparse." No picture of player, just a sentence of text. Never seen that before, usually there is more text. Also interesting you are doing best goals of the week and no team of the week. That is more of a preference thing tho.

Loving the addition of the refs. There are some really bad ones out there! Just like in real life...

I wanted to make a couple of small changes to the squad rules for this, mainly relaxing the restriction on foreign players. But while I thought I'd found the appropriate setting and changed it (Advanced rules>United States>Fixture rules>Rules 0>Squad Selection rules), any changes result in the leagues being unavailable for selection. Could you let me know where I'm going wrong? Do I need to change these values in multiple places for it to work?

I wanted to make a couple of small changes to the squad rules for this, mainly relaxing the restriction on foreign players. But while I thought I'd found the appropriate setting and changed it (Advanced rules>United States>Fixture rules>Rules 0>Squad Selection rules), any changes result in the leagues being unavailable for selection. Could you let me know where I'm going wrong? Do I need to change these values in multiple places for it to work?

After you make changes to the rules, you may need to verify (Rules->TestRules). Please note, it will take some time to verify All, maybe half hour or so. League will be selectable after verifying/testing.

After you make changes to the rules, you may need to verify (Rules->TestRules). Please note, it will take some time to verify All, maybe half hour or so. League will be selectable after verifying/testing.

Ah, thank you for the quick reply.

graa, another kind of weird thing I am seeing in MLS League 1. You have a player of the week award, but the email is really "sparse." No picture of player, just a sentence of text. Never seen that before, usually there is more text. Also interesting you are doing best goals of the week and no team of the week. That is more of a preference thing tho.

Loving the addition of the refs. There are some really bad ones out there! Just like in real life...

Aye, team of the week is a good idea for L1/L2. I can't remember why I didn't add one lol. As for the news, there's nothing I can do to change that in the editor. It probably is the game's own decision to make it like that for reasons I'm not aware of.

I'm glad I put the refs in too - thanks for suggesting it!

Ah, thank you for the quick reply.

Yeah, Dim13 is spot on.

I think I might've spotted an issue with the youth teams of the U.S. and Canada. The regens don't seem to be picked for the u20 side of either nation, even for the very best prospects. One with dual nationality picked Colombia and he already has 10 u21 caps, but a prospect even better than him hasn't been picked for Canadas u20 side when he would be far and away the u20's best player. So far, only pre-existing players have been picked for both Canada and the U.s.

I think I might've spotted an issue with the youth teams of the U.S. and Canada. The regens don't seem to be picked for the u20 side of either nation, even for the very best prospects. One with dual nationality picked Colombia and he already has 10 u21 caps, but a prospect even better than him hasn't been picked for Canadas u20 side when he would be far and away the u20's best player. So far, only pre-existing players have been picked for both Canada and the U.s.

Hmm, that is a bit of a problem. I'll have a look at it! Seems like one of those 'how the heck do I fix it' kind of ones lol. What year are you on?

Think the picking of national teams is the old "prestige" bug. Basically the existing players are "known" to the AI. Happens on the full international teams where they will pick an aging star over a much better younger player, and has been in the game for ages. The u20 problem should sort itself out when the existing players age out of the US and Canada teams, but would have to test to find out.

Sorry, I'm a few days late to this.

I am having the same issue. I played as Charm City in the AAA Northeast region. Won the league to get promoted. When July came around, no leagues updated at all. So, everything just kind of stayed where it was. It is a great game and I'm having a blast playing it. Bummer that happened though. Any fixes?

Yeah, I thought that would be the case, but I don't get why it would happening with the U.S and Canada but not in Colombia for the dual nationals case. Seems strange.

Im in 2016/17 it looks like they are picking single nationality canadian regens now. I think Heath is right that it will take a year or 2 to sort out.

Sorry, I'm a few days late to this.

I am having the same issue. I played as Charm City in the AAA Northeast region. Won the league to get promoted. When July came around, no leagues updated at all. So, everything just kind of stayed where it was. It is a great game and I'm having a blast playing it. Bummer that happened though. Any fixes?

I've seen this in people using other mods that conflict with mine. I'm finding new conflicting mods every so often and could use help updating my list. First, which file are you using (Original Clubs, CWC, NACL, etc?) and which mods are you using?

Is this compatible with Classen's added leagues?... it has a version of the CONCACAF CL, I believe.

Also, wow, what a lot of work you have put into this. Kudos to you. Thanks for sharing.

Also,

I'm getting this message....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/37ah909wuut7unr/Screenshot 2015-01-30 17.15.42.png?dl=0

Read the first post, 4-5 of Claasen's leagues are not compatible. Also, I'd untick the CONCACAF CL and stuff like that if you're using a CWC file. CWC is meant to replace all continental tournaments.

Read the first post, 4-5 of Claasen's leagues are not compatible. Also, I'd untick the CONCACAF CL and stuff like that if you're using a CWC file. CWC is meant to replace all continental tournaments.

Thanks... I thought I had read over the whole first post, but I guess I missed that portion.

I'm just using the NACL, however.

This is some awesome work, graaa, thanks for it! I noticed some weird behaviour in the Canuck Deluxe version that I've already figured out a fix for in the editor (basically, the draw for the Canadian Championship final is set to take place "after the final" rather than "after the semifinal" which means that the fixture doesn't get scheduled until the day before it's supposed to take place. The game's still played so no biggie, but it might be worth fixing whenever the next release is.

Second thing is more of a general question rather than a bug report or change request, and frankly I'm fine with "once you start editing my stuff it's not my problem anymore" as an answer, but I figured if anyone would have an idea they'd be in this thread:

Even though I understand why you went with an August-May schedule, because I'm a bitter Canadian with no imagination (:D) I've been experimenting with adding a winter break (mid-Dec to early Feb) in the editor, using League Schedule (All Groups) - Break Periods. That change takes for every division EXCEPT the MLS Premier League, and even in the MLS Premier League the break will show up in the schedule list (29 November shows up as Matchday 25 instead of 16) but games will still be scheduled through the break. Have there been any unusual changes to the MLS Premier (especially compared to the MLS National, which works precisely as I expected) that would cause this, do you think?

edit: I can't find anything in the editor that might cause it, but it might actually be related to all the hardcoding around competition ID 40 (like the 33% sell-on clauses are. I'm guessing), actually - when I duplicated the MLS Premier to a new competition and redirected all the rules references accordingly, the game...still scheduled fixtures through December, actually, but took a month-long break from early January to early February.

I did find a way to make it work anyway (by setting invalid fixture dates in the nation rules), now to see if it makes the fixture congestion unworkable.

Graaa,

Just wondering why you chose to have the MLS Prime Cup as a separate competition instead of being part of the Verizon MLS Premier League (like with the other Levels) ? The MLS Prime Cup does have a higher reputation (170) than the Verizon MLS Premier League (160). Is that the only reason/advantage, or are there other reasons for having the Prime Cup a separate comp ? Maybe more news items ? Thanks

So, I'm simming through friendlies (I leave them to the Assistant) and this happens.

http://gyazo.com/2d3842e3ea12a128f7c1e3960fe1d309

I am the Pulse, and yes, I did just beat the Flamingos 3-0. Level 8 beats Level 2... they must have fielded a terrible side. :p

EDIT: First season too! WOO!

Holy Moley, that assistant has quite a future ahead of him!

Hey graa, haven't gotten this far but does the Prime Cup rotate to different stadiums in the US? Would be cool to make it like the Super Bowl, where it is in different cities every year. Not sure how this works in the editor though.

That would be the best way of doing it but I've had no success in making it work =( I've done everything I could think of in the editor but there's some weird bug or something I can't change that doesn't let it work right.

It probably is an issue on my end but I was creating my team by replacing another and saving regularly. When I went to continue editing yesterday your file didn't appear and now it is back but with none of my updates.

Your guess is as good as mine lol.

This is some awesome work, graaa, thanks for it! I noticed some weird behaviour in the Canuck Deluxe version that I've already figured out a fix for in the editor (basically, the draw for the Canadian Championship final is set to take place "after the final" rather than "after the semifinal" which means that the fixture doesn't get scheduled until the day before it's supposed to take place. The game's still played so no biggie, but it might be worth fixing whenever the next release is.

Second thing is more of a general question rather than a bug report or change request, ...

Good catch Dallan - I will fix that next version! And nice work figuring it out - that's how I do things anyway to. Run into a wall, figure it out somehow lol. Brute stubborn force.

Graaa,

Just wondering why you chose to have the MLS Prime Cup as a separate competition instead of being part of the Verizon MLS Premier League (like with the other Levels) ? The MLS Prime Cup does have a higher reputation (170) than the Verizon MLS Premier League (160). Is that the only reason/advantage, or are there other reasons for having the Prime Cup a separate comp ? Maybe more news items ? Thanks

Yeah, it's mainly for the news items but if I can see your line of thought - combine the 2 and then the who "end of season" loan issue won't be a problem. I can return the "end of season" loan term to the game and then loans will finally last through the playoffs for the AI teams too dumb to make it happen lol.

Sorry I've had a lot of catch up here - been absolutely slammed with work! Happy sports-balling everyone.

Graaa,

It appears the prize money and appearance money for all of the rounds for the CWC is in Pounds in the Editor. Is this intentional ?

I think the conversion rate to dollars in the game is around 1.65. So the FIFA Champions League winner would get $33,000,000 or so (20,000,000 pounds x 1.65).

All of the prize money for the USA Leagues and Cups are in dollars. That's why I'm wondering if the CWC prize money being in pounds is intentional or not.

The currency in the editor defaults to displaying in pounds unless you change it (there's a setting for the editor like there is for the game) so he probably set it in dollars and you just see it in pounds when you check the editor?

The currency in the editor defaults to displaying in pounds unless you change it (there's a setting for the editor like there is for the game) so he probably set it in dollars and you just see it in pounds when you check the editor?

I have my Editor setting on US Dollar.

Prime Cup (and all other USA Cups and league prizes) showing in US Dollars. All FIFA CWC Cups show in pounds. Perhaps Graaa set the CWC Cups in pounds because they are international ?

I have my Editor setting on US Dollar.

Prime Cup (and all other USA Cups and league prizes) showing in US Dollars. All FIFA CWC Cups show in pounds. Perhaps Graaa set the CWC Cups in pounds because they are international ?

Lol funny thing about that - the editor has a mind of its own sometimes. When I try to change it (I don't know about you) in the editor, it never sticks with US dollars and always changes back to pounds. Rest assured, I'm pretty sure that they are the at the USD equivalent that I want.

Great work and very interesting idea for pyramid system. Will definately try it out!

Anybody can point me into direction of regular structure pyramid but with many teams? I tried searching all morning but wasn't able to find regular expanded US Soccer pyramid. I like my draft and no relegation and all the other good stuff, just wanted lower leagues to be present and detailed. Maybe it exist as a side project of this project? Thx in advance.

Just ran into an interesting issue today. I am playing as Indy Eleven in MLS League One, but was never asked to register players, nor was there a link to registration on the team page. When I got to Nov 8th I couldn't play any players because nobody was registered! Luckilly I had saved a few days back so I reloaded, found a link to registration (under team I think), and could register from there. I wasn't prompted to register players by a mail item, nor was I prompted to register newly signed players. Now that everyone is registered the game is working correctly again

So as I play insanely slow and get sidetracked by mundane things as the English 4th division and stats so I am just now nearing end of my first season, and I'm in the MLS Cup Final [WAR going all MLSE and spending 80 million on transfers], at this rate I'm playing right now, I should be done Season 2 by Thursday, although the 4CC starts tomorrow so that could put a kibosh in that I digress. Some observations and Things that need to be fixed/looked at eventually though.

Standard with CWC, because why else?

MLS

Prime Cup only shows stats for the Eastern Conference.

A look into the possibility of the top 4 in each conference making the playoffs with the next 2 teams being based on points separate of conference but thats probably a massive coding issue in itself.

Logos for the MLS does not come up at all. Divs 2-8 are pretty much fine.

Under 23's league will only show up via opening the teams schedule, clicking on U23 Fixtures and then its league.

Orlando City vs Edmonton and New York Cosmos vs San Jose for pro/rel that seems a bit off.

CWC

Really not much to do here.

Look into seeding for the draw though, that might help.

LOL @ LA Galaxy making it through death and decider only to get Barca in the First Round. I've been chucking about that for the last couple days.

England brought 6 to the final 32, Spain brought 5. Neither country was represented in World or Super.

Spain 3 vs England 3 vs Bayern vs Roma was the final 8 with A. Madrid and Bayern making the final and a El Clasico clash set for 3rd place, all is right in the world.

Everything else seems to work as intended. Awards, Stats and all that.

Everything else

Every postseason cup below that doesn't show stats period or competitors and if it does, only the teams that finished first place in their division.

Postseason is working but stats are as previous, impossible to get sometimes

Cup recaps at postseason level are blank, probably has something to do with the leagues still handing the playoffs and the cup seemingly being a placeholder. Just my thought.

Young of the Month for lower leagues at least. It's how I poach. Awards for all 8 divisions would be cool.

Raising the prestige of divisions 3-8 about 10-20 points couldn't hurt for attendance.

More refs. Every update needs more refs. lol.

Canadian Championship needs its draw date fixed.

SI needs to fix the Loan AI.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I'm using the CWC. I had restarted everything again and it was going smoothly. I got through a few seasons on a new save and was promoted to the second tier, MLS National League. I also won the Open Cup. And Bam! It happened again. I just thought I'd bring it up with you.

Lots of good reports!

Heath - will fix this - should be easy.

Joseph - many good ideas and finds, will definetely fix the post-season cup stats and other issues. I don't think I can fix the U23 issue. Also, the San Jose - NY Cosmos matchup is definitely a big issue I need to fix.

Hooligan - any way you upload your save game (both if possible) to mediafire.com or somewhere I can download it and have a look?

Lots of good reports!

Heath - will fix this - should be easy.

Joseph - many good ideas and finds, will definetely fix the post-season cup stats and other issues. I don't think I can fix the U23 issue. Also, the San Jose - NY Cosmos matchup is definitely a big issue I need to fix.

Hooligan - any way you upload your save game (both if possible) to mediafire.com or somewhere I can download it and have a look?

I will certainly try for you.

Managing from the USASA, just got a promotion after 3 seasons into what should be AA- at league update date (June 30), I'm starting to get emails about being promoted from USASA to A1- that happened two years ago. Also, I won the A1 League championship at the end of last season, but now I just got redrawn into the same cup, same teams and everything. No schedules got put out for my league, too. Ill update to se what happens

EDIT: yeah, nothing seems to be updating. Im gonna sim a little further, see if anything changes, but it seems that in the 2nd season, everything goes to ****. I'g going to run a few tests to see what exactly causes the issues, don't hold your breath though

Archived