[FM13] Player Role Question

I've been wondering about player roles. For example:

Ball winning midfielder. I'm worried that some roles might take the player out of position. The ball winning midfielder will hunt the ball down. I could see a BWM being dragged out of position and passed around. I've tried to stick with a defensive central midfielder as I see this as a way around the problem but when I look at the stats the player uses for BWM they're far superior to those of the CM.

I suppose my question relates to how players will move. For example, the role of Box To Box Midfielder will clearly change the behavior of a player. It's going to leave you a man short in midfield at times. I always like to dominate midfield with this team (and in many respects generally) and this is why I've not used it.

Below is my bread and butter tactic. It's gotten me from the 9th tier to BSP. I use other tactics more now as I tend to need more than 1 up front to score now but as previously mentioned, I like to dominate the midfield.

pV5PaQc.jpg

My question is the same. If I want to dominate midfield should I be using BWM?

I don't know if it's just me but if I use a defensive DLP I tend to find this is makes my team less effective even though the player is well suited to that role. I'm also aprehnsive using an APM as I feel it might take him out of midfield.

So let me put it another way. If you want to dominate midfield and (at the same time) create as many chances as possible for my striker, what roles would you use?

If I was using three CM's then i'd probably have a BWM, AP and DLP- Just try and make sure the AP is the star man so he can create chances on his own :)

Then I guess the other two could just have defensive/winning the ball back duties.

I think it's fine to use a CM as an advanced playmaker, if you're worried about taking him out of midfield then you could always use the 'support' option, I assume that means he won't roam as far forward?

If I was using three CM's then i'd probably have a BWM, AP and DLP- Just try and make sure the AP is the star man so he can create chances on his own :)

Then I guess the other two could just have defensive/winning the ball back duties.

I think it's fine to use a CM as an advanced playmaker, if you're worried about taking him out of midfield then you could always use the 'support' option, I assume that means he won't roam as far forward?

TBH

You sound as confident in your tactics as I am. As in, not at all.

I've read that it's generally a bad idea to have two playmakers in the side. I'm not saying you're wrong but I'm going to wait for a third opinion.

Archived