Taking Barnet FC to the Premier League and beyond!

Von Bubb

As a Barnet fan myself, every time I get the new FM game, I always try to take them to success. Every time, it ends in failure.

But this time, it will be different.

I wanted to bring back the glory days, back to the time where we were pushing for promotion from League 2 (we actually managed it once!). I wanted to take my club to the edge of the world, and all the way back again. I wanted to become Europe's greatest.

I knew it would be tough... but it was gonna be fun.

2013/14 Season - Skrill Premier

Well, as first season's go, this was a complete success. 1st place in the league, gaining promotion into League 2 at the first time of asking. The highlight of the season was a phenomenal FA Cup run, taking us to the 4th Round, before being rewarded with an away tie against Chelsea. 90 minutes and 5 goals later, the dream was over, but we had learned a lot from the experience.

Key Players:

Keanu Marsh-Brown - A great season from the winger, scoring a ton of goals.

Dani Lopez - Even better from the Spanish striker.

Dave Gerrard - Great season for the regen shot stopper, with 16 clean sheets.

Competitions:

Skrill Premier - 1st place, nearly threw it away at the end.

FA Cup - 4th Round! Phenomenal effort from the lads here.

FA Trophy - 3rd Round, didn't really care about this one.

Youth Intake:

Awful. Haven't got pictures as post is being made a few seasons later, but it was woeful.

Transfers:

Decent season transfer wise, nothing too major.

So that's it! Return to the Football League at the first time of asking! Next season is all about creating a stable platform to succeed apon.

2014/15 Season - Sky Bet League 2

After storming to the title last season, I was hoping for a strong mid-table finish to provide a stable platform - both squad-wise and financially - to build upon. What happened next, was something that I was not expecting. After a shaky start (4 points in 6 games), we went on a fantastic run that resulted in a phenomenal 3rd place finish, securing automatic promotion to the Sky Bet League 1 :cool:. 3rd!!! What a year! The squad also pulled it out of the bag in the FA Cup, again appearing in the 4th Round, before throwing away a 1-0 lead against Sheffield Wednesday. We also debuted in the Capital One Cup, smashing Leyton Orient 5-1, and drawing Liverpool in the Second Round. We were much improved against Premier League opposition this time round, only losing 3-1.

Awards:

Player of the Season - Dani Lopez - 22 goals for the big man, who we signed on a permanent basis at the start of the season.

Game of the Season - Barnet 5-1 Leyton Orient - Phenomenal result sent us through to he 2nd Round of the Capital One Cup

Transfers - A decent season transfer-wise, with wonderkid Paul Richards coming in for 5k from Hitchin.

League Table

Youth Intake - Once again, woeful.

Season Expectations - All I want next year is to beat our best league position. (24th in the Sky Bet League 1, 1993/94 Season)

2015/16 Season - Sky Bet League 1

I have no words to describe what happened this season. No. Words.

League - All I was expecting was a close survival shave. Not the case. :cool:

FA Cup - Another 4th Round appearance, another loss. 4th Round seems to be as far as we can go.

Capital One Cup - Almost identical to last season really. A bit disappointing.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Who actually cares. Lost in the 2nd round.

Awards

Player of the Season - Nick Proschwitz. Broke Barnet goal-scoring records.

Match of the Season - Barnet 5-3 Fleetwood Town, last day of the season to secure the title.

Story of the Season - Nick Proschwitz breaking Barnet's goals in a season record.

Admin

Transfers - Great season transfer-wise, half of the first team came in and impressed.

Youth Intake - *sigh*

Hopes for the coming season

All I want to do is survive next year, preferably keeping the first team together.

2016/17 Season - Sky Bet Championship

This was it. New heights had been reached at the club, and I wanted to make damn sure that we stayed here too.

Competitions

Sky Bet Championship - A decent finish for the club, 16 points clear of the relegation zone.

FA Cup - For the first time under my reign at the club, we failed to make the 4th round. Very disappointed.

Capital One Cup - This competition is now the lowest rep one to win, so I wasn't that fussed. Still annoyed to go out how we did.

Awards

Player of the Season - Will Keane. Signed on a free, got 10 crucial goals that helped keep us up.

Match of the Season - Barnet 5-1 Sheffield Wednesday. Great result against a mid-table side.

Story of the Season - The ludicrous sale of first-team keeper Mickey Van Der Hart to Liverpool for £2.5m.

Admin

Transfers - Another good year for transfers, with the club making a considerable profit due to the sales of Mickey Van Der Hart and Paul Richards.

Youth Intake - Do I even need to bother anymore?

Hopes for next season

Another season of building, preparing for the push to the Premier League.

2017/18 Season - Sky Bet Championship

After the solid start last season, could we build upon it and push for promotion?

Competitions

Sky Bet Championship - After stringing together a run of 9 straight wins at the close of the season, we qualified for the playoffs. What happened was so unexpected, and rather remarkable.

FA Cup - Another loss in the 3rd Round, although it may have been a blessing in disguise this time round.

Capital One Cup - A great run in the COC took us to the 4th round. This may proof to be our first piece of great domestic silverware one day.

Awards

Player of the Season - Will Keane. He wins for the second consecutive year, after breaking the league goal-scoring record with 28 strikes.

Match of the Season - 2 games this time round. First game finished 4-4 between Barnet and Leeds. And the second? There can only be one.

Story of the Season - Rickie Lambert scoring the goal that sent Barnet up in his last ever professional game.

Admin

Transfers - Cut a lot of dead wood this season, as the wage bill was going nuts.

Youth Intake - *sobs quietly*

Hopes for next season

I don't want to be embarrassed. Survival will be my best achievement to date.

Good going so far! Have you managed to improve any of the youth facilities/recruitment yet?

Haven't managed youth yet, the board have been upgrading the stadium as we go up the leagues at some expense. Fortunately, the updates are now up to speed with where I am in the game, so I can add more detail and take more advice :)

2018/19 Season - Barclays Premier League

Well then, 5 years of build up lead to this moment. The real work begins here, as if we are going to stay up we need to make vast improvements to the squad. Can we survive against all the odds?

Competitions

Barclays Premier League - All the build up has lead to this. A horrendous first half of the season left us with 8 points going into the January Transfer Window. After a couple of signings, and the majority of the season, this is what it looked like going into the final day. We needed a miracle. And we bloody well got one.

FA Cup - Out in the 3rd Round again. Disappointed, but allowed us to focus on the league.

Capital One Cup - Out in the Second Round. Really poor on the day.

Awards

Player of the Season - Ugh, do I have to award it? Fine, Josip Komusar then. Joined in January, and basically kept us up. Bit of a hero looking back at it.

Match of the Season - Barnet 4-1 Wigan Athletic. Often known as "The day Correa came to life."

Story of the Season - The remarkable comeback to survival, after being dead and buried at Christmas.

Admin

Transfers - Not too bad transfer-wise, spent an awful lot though.

Youth Intake - Again, it was... WAIT, WE ACTUALLY GOT SOMEONE?!?!?

Facilities - Board decided to expand the stadium again \o/ (Just kidding, actually doing this.) Also improving our youth and training facilities!

Squad - Make of it what you will, it needs improving either way.

Finances - Looking rather good actually, need to spend carefully however.

Hopes for next season

I want to build apon this season, and try to stay up again. Careful movement in the transfer market will help that a lot, but we need our squad to perform too.

Well done staying up. Must have been with the fewest points ever but you got the job done. :thup:

The youngster Batty looks a real talent, it may have taken years but at last someone to work on. Good luck next season.

Cheers bud, quietly hoping for cup success next year for a spot in europe to cash in on TV money :)

Cheers bud, quietly hoping for cup success next year for a spot in europe to cash in on TV money :)

Only the Champions League money is really worthwhile. As a smaller club the Europa League could be a big distraction, well thats what i found with my Cambridge save.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived