Anyone still play old games?

I have been practically addicted to CM 03/04 for 10 years. Currently 32 years into a Sunderland save:

ECCHistory.png

PremHistory.png

History.png

Every club in the Premier Division has suffered relegation except Man Utd, Arsenal, Sunderland and Newcastle. It looks like Man Utd could be destined for the drop this year though after a particularly poor start. In the mid 2020's Chelsea were mid-table cannon fodder in the second tier but a somewhat meteoric rise saw them crowned champions twice in the last three years. Arsenal's title in 2031 was there first since 2002 and Liverpool won it in 2008 but have since become something of a yo-yo club not really troubling the top of the Premier Division. Of the "smaller" clubs I'd have to say that Middlesbrough have been the most impressive, consistently challenging in the top four and finishing runner's up on a number of occasions although the Teessider's are yet to win a title, they did however manage to somewhat fluke their way to a Champions League win in 2027. Sheffield Wednesday start life on the game in League One but they have morphed into an impressive outfit, winning the European Cup a few years ago then finishing as runners up the following year.

On the Continent the only surprise relegation was that of Milan about 20 or so years ago, they were only down for one year though and have since won a few titles. In Italy the dominant club by some distance has been Roma who have won 14 titles and several European Cups. In Spain, Real Sociedad were the pre-eminent team of the first decade before Barca and Real Madrid established a duopoly for many years, that has been shattered recently by the emergence of Deportivo who have really dominated the Spanish league for the past five or so years.

In Germany Bayern won the first 8 or 9 in a row, since then it has been shared around a bit, with the likes of Hamburg, Dortmund, Kaisterslautern, Werder Bremen, Schalke and Stuttgart all enjoying varying periods of success, Schalke's glory days seem to be well and truly over however, they have suffered relegation in two of the past three years, the last time they went down was with a record low points total.

I love this game, I love its simplicity, the new FM's are too complicated for me although I suppose my pretty pathetic laptop not being able to handle the game might have more to do with my refusing to buy the lastest versions!

I played 01/02 for about 20 seasons with Gungorenspor of Turkey and enjoyed immense success from domestic to European. I also liked the simplicity of those titles but eventually I thrived for something a little more in depth and henceforth ended up with FM14.

FM 2007, about to start the 2032/33 season. International football has been mental. R.O.Ireland and Poland European champions, Japan and Austria world champions, Lithuania and Finland Euro finalists, Cayman Islands with their storybook journey to the 2022 World Cup (it's mindblowing to think all the dramatic stories out their in your FM game that you never realise are happening).

Also CM 93/94, I'm up to about the same year.

FM 13 (4th season with Man Utd), but most notably, I still have an active save from FM 2007 which I 've been playing for 5 years, and currently finished season 2109/10. I play in Serbian league (despite with static league reputation problem which kills the game) and have only 3 countries loaded, all out of top 5 leagues, so clubwise there haven't been many surprises (except maybe Rangers winning it in 2095). I agree about international football, todays superpowers have problems winning its continental competition. Current WC holders are Slovakia and WC in 2086 was the one of surprises with Japan winning it and Libya finishing 4th, mostly with grey players.

Archived