Diamonds are a man's best friend

what roles and duties do you give your players with Arsenal. i am playing with an updated database so I have Sanchez and Welbeck. The problem I have is what to do with Oxlade Chamberlain

This is my primary formation, and my problem with the Ox is not where to play him, where not to play him! He can play in the CM strata on wards IMO, although reluctant to play him as a forward. I find if you use a CMa he can work very well there.

what roles and duties do you give your players with Arsenal. i am playing with an updated database so I have Sanchez and Welbeck. The problem I have is what to do with Oxlade Chamberlain

I play him as one of the centre mids as some have suggested that's where some of his better games have come from I've tried at the top of diamond like what Liverpool do with Sterling but it hasn't really worked.

I've been having remarkable success with a diamond in FM14, so much so that I've taken on a 2nd club to see if it's really my tactics or just my squad building that is making the difference.

Further to this post, my 2nd club experiment has been going really well. I took over Zulte Waregem who had been relegated to the Belgian 2nd Division. I won the 2nd Div at a canter in my first season using the identical formation I use for Liverpool (which has just bagged me my 5th consecutive ECC win and 7th straight EPL). My first season in the Pro League saw a lot of goals at both ends, as in some games I would get hammered but I managed some great wins against big teams and scraped into the Championship Group (where the league splits) and a good run at the end of the season saw me into 4th place and qualifying for the EURO Cup.

I should be ablr to challenge for the league this season and establish them in the ECC within a couple of years, thanks to my diamond system.

My diamond doesn't seem to be scoring with as much frequency as the rest of you, but defensively it's rock solid and is holding us in 2nd in the Bundesliga (as previously poor Stuttgart) with by far fewest goals conceded in the league.

Archived