Sports Interactive Community
Djstu23

England - Euro 2016 Thread

I honestly think if Roy starts the side how we did against Norway, then I really hope Switzerland beat us comfortably. As that'll be the only way (hopefully) where he finally learns.

Not like a defeat is going to cost our qualification chances one bit, but it may wake Roy up for once (28 months too late).

Solution is simple, no more Woy.

I'm not a huge Woy fan but realistically who else is there. Rather stick with Woy and make sure he continues bring through the younger players even if it that means another group stage exit and try and lay some foundation for someone like Martinez to take over

No Woy, no 'arry ... as I said before, there aren't a lot of coaches around. It won't be long before we're celebrating a manager that got his team into the Championship play-offs and talking them up for England as there aren't many in the Prem now

At some point they'll be a big call for Brendon Rogers, a la Martin O'Neil before

Everyone wanted Hoddle back and then we find out he's coaching this 3-5-2 and QPR and they're woeful ... suddenly there is silence :D

Everyone wanted Hoddle back and then we find out he's coaching this 3-5-2 and QPR and they're woeful ... suddenly there is silence :D

Is that true?

Even so still got my points then van Gaal playing that system :brock:

I'm not a huge Woy fan but realistically who else is there. Rather stick with Woy and make sure he continues bring through the younger players even if it that means another group stage exit and try and lay some foundation for someone like Martinez to take over

Pardew. He finished 5th once. We'll even drive him down for you.

The U-21's not on TV then? kick off in 15mins but cant find it when I just had a look,

If Roy goes it'll be a while to get another coach. Thanks to the fans and media, the job is cancerous and no self respecting manager will want it.

Unless a manager steps up, and by that I mean a young-English one (one of which I can't think of) then I can only see us doing something similar to how McLaren got the job. Basically a promotion from within.

Neville :cool:

Had a quick look yesterday and it really is slim pickings for English coaches, even going down to the Championship.

That's not getting better anytime soon either

U21s won 1-0, Kane with a goal in last 10 minutes

Sturridge is out the Swiss game then. Rooney up front with Sterling behind him?

Unless a manager steps up, and by that I mean a young-English one (one of which I can't think of) then I can only see us doing something similar to how McLaren got the job. Basically a promotion from within.

Mark Warburton :brock:

Had a quick look yesterday and it really is slim pickings for English coaches, even going down to the Championship.

Seriously, I struggled to think of any before posting.

Mark Warburton :brock:
Probably be bloody Gareth Southgate.

Southgate was my first thought.

Well let's look at it another way - out of those that are potentially available, who would actually want the job? We all know how England managers get treated.

Well let's look at it another way - out of those that are potentially available, who would actually want the job? We all know how England managers get treated.

Honestly, Brendan Rodgers really should be the next England manager, but I don't want him to ever leave us :D.

With Sturridge out we are probably gonna play a more balanced front line now. Hopefully none of this of this Rooney in the hole or out wide just stick him up top with Sterling, Welbeck and Ox behind him and hope he has a good game.

Do not want to see Welbeck shoved out wide. Sick and tired of seeing him out there, and I bet he's sick and tired of playing out there himself.

Just don't play wide players? Baines/Shaw (when back) are two very attacking left backs who can easily provide the width. Welbeck should slot upfront alongside Rooney (Sturridge when fit) with Sterling behind them. If at some point in the game need to shore up then he can slot outwide, but from the start I want to see us attacking. We're not going to fail to qualify if we lose.

I wouldn't mind seeing Welbeck up front with Rooney, even though he's dire on the wing. Let's see what he's like up front.

I'd go for:

Hart

Stones

Cahill

Jones

Baines

Henderson

Wilshere

Milner

Sterling

Welbeck

Rooney

I'd play Milner in the middle of a 4-3-2-1 just because he could play the holding position that we desperately lack with the current team. As much as I like Delph (and im biased towards him), I wouldn't want to throw him in the deep end just yet.

Rest of the team is pretty self-explanatory

Yea that would be the side I'd hope to see play with what we have available. Just in future a more natural RB is needed.

Wouldn't mind Chambers there or Clyne. Hopefully we'll get rid of Johnson who really is crap.

Stones will be the next CB alongside Jones I reckon and I'd like to see that happen

Are you that sure Jones will get better?

Jones will get a lot better.Just needs a run in a settled defence and will mature into one of the best defenders around.

He's been United's best player this season.

Completly agree Gizzyspop. Jones hasn't been helped either by playing in about four positions.

Stick him at centre defence with a top player next to him and he'll blossom. Not Smalling either, he really is bad.

So Lampard had a chat with Luke Shaw and Shaw didn't know who Tony Adams was? :D just saw it on twitter on the metro sport account. really! :D

So Lampard had a chat with Luke Shaw and Shaw didn't know who Tony Adams was? :D just saw it on twitter on the metro sport account. really! :D

not suprised really, was shaw even born when adams was in his prime?

Sterling didn't know who Ricky Villa or Ricky Gervais are until he looked it up.

Shaw was 6/7 when Adams played his last game.

Didn't he say his first World Cup memory is Lampard's disallowed goal in 2010? :D

Obviously not very interested in football and/or a moron with a **** memory.

Didn't he say his first World Cup memory is Lampard's disallowed goal in 2010? :D

Obviously not very interested in football and/or a moron with a **** memory.

Or he was a 14 year old kid when that wold cup was going on and only 10 the one before - how much football do you remember from being 10?

I remember a fair bit of football from when I was 5/6 and I'm 3 and a half years older than Shaw, what's your point?

That it's pretty easy to forget he's only just turned 19? And that some kids don't follow football that closely at the age of 10?

I just don't see how or why this is even a story is all.

I remember a fair bit of football from when I was 5/6 and I'm 3 and a half years older than Shaw, what's your point?

That not everyone was as into football as a kid as you were?

Or he was a 14 year old kid when that wold cup was going on and only 10 the one before - how much football do you remember from being 10?

Enough to have my first World Cup memory at that age. I was interested in football from a young age though and I'm not a moron, one of which doesn't apply to Shaw.

So in other words, the question 'how much football do you remember from being 10?' is totally irrelevant.

Even if he can't remember seeing Adams play due to him being so young, he should still know who he is ffs :D He was even manager of their fiercest rivals when he was in their academy. He must just not care at all about football outside playing/FIFA which is fair enough. Can remember BAE saying he hates football, only plays it because he's good at it :lol:

. Can remember BAE saying he hates football, only plays it because he's good at it :lol:

Ronnie O'sullivan said/thinks that about snooker

If I turned out to be good at any other sport than football I'd say the same thing...

Shaw's only a couple of years younger than me and I'd struggle to remember much from WC 2002.

That it's pretty easy to forget he's only just turned 19? And that some kids don't follow football that closely at the age of 10?

I just don't see how or why this is even a story is all.

The fact that it's even remotely newsworthy speaks volumes about what people prioritise about the National team.

We're playing like stinkers, but this is news?

Must be demoralising for Nevile to be apart of this setup. Preaches tactics on a Monday night and then gets stuck coaching a 4-4-2 which he knows is outdated and will fail.

The entire World Cup in 1982 for starters and FA Cups from late 70s into early 80s (less than 10) .. basically more than I remember from 3 seasons ago :D

He said he doesn't know who he was, not how good he was.

Using your logic, the modern day footballer wouldn't have a clue who the likes of Zico, Gordon Banks, Ferenc Puskas, Franco Beresi etc. are.