Sports Interactive Community
Djstu23

England - Euro 2016 Thread

Only just found out Pirlo isn't playing, which was about 90% of the reason for me wanting to watch this game. It means we'll actually be allowed to touch the ball I suppose. Even as an avid FM player there's at least 3 players in the Italian starting XI that I've never heard of though.

I think we need to see that nothing challenge on Kane again. Maybe some more analysis from Andy, too.

So is the Italian manager just picking players that used to play for him at Juventus

To be fair when i am International manager thats what i do on FM :D

I think we need to see that nothing challenge on Kane again. Maybe some more analysis from Andy, too.
But the angle at which he jumped in conjunction to the trajectory of Chiellini's left leg probably saved Tottenham's season. Important to know.

These two teams are so poor for 'top' sides. I know the World Cup was disappointing but at least Italy had some decent players in it then, tonight though, jeez.

I would give Rob Green another go,, Controversial i know, but some of his saves for QPR this season have been fantastic

I would give Rob Green another go,, Controversial i know, but some of his saves for QPR this season have been fantastic

no thanks

robert-green-howler.gif

Rooney doing what he does best that deep, giving the ball away

why do England have this obsession with him playing that deep, todays line-up is astonishing

So is the Italian manager just picking players that used to play for him at Juventus

To be fair when i am International manager thats what i do on FM :D

Only Buffon, Bonucci, and Chiellini played for him at Juve.

Only Buffon, Bonucci, and Chiellini played for him at Juve.

oh,, the way the commentator went on it was as though everyone played there :D

oh,, the way the commentator went on it was as though everyone played there :D

Barzagli also played against Bulgaria in the weekend. Marchisio got called up, but got injured.

Rooney is chasing Lineker's record!

Our midfield 'gamble' is proving to be terrible selection. No control of the game, Jones doesn't know where to be as a DM and none of the 4 are great at dictating a game. Could do with Carrick playing.

Neuer did something similar last week

for a minute I thought you compared Neuer with Rob Green, but no one would be that stupid...

Pelle scores and Kane doesn't, MLG to post how he's better then Kane. :brock:

Here it comes :)

Jones easily beaten by Chiellini ffs :D

That defending is straight out of Newcastle's play book. Awful.

And here I was busy typing out a post complimenting England's start to the game.

for a minute I thought you compared Neuer with Rob Green, but no one would be that stupid...

nope,, just saying these things happen, even to the best in the world

Townsend moaning about Italy's gamesmanship but goes eerily quiet when Jagielka throws himself to the ground after the merest of touches.

So? Doesn't mean Green is anywhere near good enough.

The balance in the team looks so much better after that change, so hopefully plays out that way. I think it's fair to say the Jones experiment didn't work.

Pass it about but not really go anywhere. No penetration and not troubling the Italian defence at all. I just want to see someone at least attempt to beat a man once in a while

Clyne has played some shocking passes. Not the only offender but one of the worst. Needs to tighten that up for this level

Hodgson continuing his good skill against a decent nation of having a mess of a system to start off with then changing it.

England will cause problems when they switch to 4-3-3, or anything with width. Going narrow vs. 3-5-2 isn't a great idea

They really are trying to turn Henderson into Gerrard. Against Lithuania he was taking corners even though Baines was playing, he's on them again tonight. At no point has he proven himself to be a top class set piece taker like Baines or even Rooney.

I think Green has had more than enough chances to prove himself and he's really not good enough. Forster is waaaaay ahead of him and I'd have Butland and, well, you in the team ahead of him tbh

Do players ever have the ball at their feet and decide to try and beat a man anymore? It's all check back in, pass it square but we don't really have a plan, we're not pulling them around. They just stay in their shape and eventually we'll play a ropey or ridiculously ambitious pass and give them the ball

Italy not been great but their goal came from someone actually being positive with the ball and going past someone. Amazing how that causes problems for the opposition, isn't it!

Man Utd against Liverpool was a textbook example of how to play against a back 3. Tonight we've been the epitome of how not to play against one. The whole thing has just been a midfield clogging match with no real quality from either team. Get Walcott out wide running into spaces behind their wing backs, not trying to dribble through their entire team.

Gibbs never uses his right foot.

Jones is a donkey.

We should be playing with more width than this.