England - Euro 2016 Thread

Djstu23

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a predictably slow first half in which we had almost total control. You felt a goal would come and then when we conceeded I was impressed with the way we woke up rather than rumbled along in the same manner. We didn't start playing with purpose until 1-0 down. Slovenia weren't very good, unfortunately this qualifying campaign will likely be more of this

I hope Scotland don't play with any kind of pace on Tuesday as not sure we're ready for an actual competitive game :D I notice some senior players will be released back to clubs, yeah, only a friendly against Scotland after all ... of no historical importance or good for fans or anything ...

Might as well start Berahino then, Forster in goal, I hope rather than Foster as Hart is back at City.

Danny Welbeck is the man, I love him.

What he said.

Don't remind me :(

It is now 11 in 16 actually, wrote that before the 2nd goal.

Welbeck is king. He's been great since day one of his England career. 2nd goal was lovely football.

Stat that sums Welbeck up is he has 13 goals in 31 games for England but more importantly is of that number he got 10 in 12 starts as a striker. #Wasted

Hodgson playing it cool regarding team selection for tonight

Again, pointless game for us, nothing to gain from it

We know no Joe Hart so I hope Forster plays. Shaw expected to start at left back. I hope Clyne gets another game too. It wouldn't surprise me to see Smalling start in one of the centre back spots either

I assume Rooney will start as captain, maybe Berahino at some point? May as well, he's in good form. I think we'll maybe see Milner start. Ox too? Downing will no doubt feature at some point

I know it's a premier league round this weekend but hopefully the players play like it's a proper game and don't just meander through. I expect the Jocks will be up for it although not sure they super care like they would a few years back. Obviously chance to get one over. They're on a nice little upward curve, playing ok, feeling good. We have won all our games but hardly impressive (Swiss game aside) but hopefully we'll turn up and not have minds on the weekend ahead after 'job done' against Slovenia

Best thing that could happen is Scotland to comfortably turn us over and be first to every ball and that one yard quicker. We've crawled so far since the WC and have shown no improvements what so ever, and Roy needs a reality check otherwise it's a last 16 exit at the Euros which giving the new format is basically like going out in the groups.

Best thing that could happen is Scotland to comfortably turn us over and be first to every ball and that one yard quicker. We've crawled so far since the WC and have shown no improvements what so ever, and Roy needs a reality check otherwise it's a last 16 exit at the Euros which giving the new format is basically like going out in the groups.

Actually the best thing that could happen is for the side to click, and cut them open in an impressive manner. Looking for a performance here rather than just a win

I'll have a reality check in any other way than losing to Scotland please.

Crawled to a 100% record with no opposition player scoring against us...

How's everyone else done?

We haven't crawled at all. The opposition have been poor and the one decent side we faced we put in a solid experienced away performance and won 2-0. Estonia was sloppy and San Marino was San Marino. I'm not sure what people expect. We aren't that good, so a few dodgy games are expected. But we've got the right results and performed when it mattered. A lot better sides then us have had worse results.

I'm not watching tonight coz I'm out. Kinda happy with that. Just no interest in this match. Sure the atmosphere will be great and the players be up for it but I'm with Razzler it really is lose lose.

Based on what?

Gut instinct, and Ben Foster talking about how we will try and kick you off the park, even tho our team is made up of 5ft players now a days, who are not interested at all in hacking people, well, Hanley excluded from that statement.

I just get the feeling you lot are apathetic about it all, whereas our guys seem really up for it.

Crawled to a 100% record with no opposition player scoring against us...

How's everyone else done?

Have you actually watched any of the games? It's awful the football Woy has got us churning out. We'll end up going to a major tournament and flopping harder then usual under diff managers with everyone going "how?!?!", because of the false advertising of the qualifying campaign. Just like last one when we kept drawing, then went WC and looked totally lost.

Hearing Smalling may start tonight... just lost for words.

Have you actually watched any of the games? It's awful the football Woy has got us churning out. We'll end up going to a major tournament and flopping harder then usual under diff managers with everyone going "how?!?!", because of the false advertising of the qualifying campaign. Just like last one when we kept drawing, then went WC and looked totally lost.

Hearing Smalling may start tonight... just lost for words.

Smalling plays for Man United, only reason he's anywhere near the England squad. Awful player.

Archived