England - Euro 2016 Thread

Djstu23

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our biggest issue remains in the final 3rd

We have pace but you'd not know it. I want a little more guile from Sterling. First 25 mins or so there are times he's out wide with the ball but cuts in and never takes on the man. When he does he's too easily dispossessed

I'd like to see him take the man on too but I can understand why he isn't. That clip they showed where they said he should have drove into the box, yes it would have been good to but he won't beat the keeper near post on his left foot and was Rooney in there for the cut back? Nope. So he has tried to hold it up wait for support (mainly overlap) and by then makes a mess of it. But there's no striker there.

We're going to shoot ourselves in the foot with some piece of defending in the 2nd half, that's for sure

I remember when players tried to go past a player. It's all very easy knocking the ball around in front of a defence and not making them have to do anything except wait for a stray pass

Sterlings been trying to beat players all game, he's just failed every time

He can drive across that angle and take a shot. Give the keeper something to worry about, for starters. I don't know how we can't get men up to support as we're just plodding forward. We forgot our early good work in the last 15 mins and it's looking they'll sting us on the break atm

When Sterling or Ox lay that ball off to the full back they just come inside. They don't try to go back around and overlap again and then the full back just plays it inside again. There's no incision

The amount of times the Swiss have got close with their through balls is quite scary. One of those will work. Credit to the defence for stepping up in time though.

Rooney and Kane together up front is something I'd like to see us experiment with in next 9 months. Can see them working really well together.

2-0, Rooney with the record

I was wondering whether that simmering pressure of the pen may affect him. He doesn't have the best penalty record

aww chuffed for Rooney. Pressure's off him now. Must have bricking it running up for that

Must be a HUGE weight off tbh

7 games in a row also a record

2-0, Rooney with the record

I was wondering whether that simmering pressure of the pen may affect him. He doesn't have the best penalty record

Must be a HUGE weight off tbh

7 games in a row also a record

He's played quite well today. Been so much more dangerous deeper since Kane came on. Something Rooney does really well, is dictate tempo and opening up the play. He can't do that up front, especially not when isolated.

Kane and Rooney from now on please Roy.

Fingers crossed the United player would miss, right?

Erm, no. Why the feck would I want Rooney to miss?! :D ffs

He's played quite well today. Been so much more dangerous deeper since Kane came on. Something Rooney does really well, is dictate tempo and opening up the play. He can't do that up front, especially not when isolated.

Kane and Rooney from now on please Roy.

Definitely looked better with Kane on as well

I was implying your United hatred spilled to here and you wanted the United striker to miss. I thought it was obvious :(

It's not obvious cause I don't hate United it's just you're all a bunch of crying nancy boys whenever anyone says anything negative about United

I always defend Rooney at club level when he's blamed for everything that is wrong

You need to be a regular international starter for atleast a decade to even hope to get that, don't see Kane being around that long. Infact how many players ever are around that long? Hence the record being a big achievement.

It's be nice to have one of those tournaments like the Germans do, 3-1 win, 2-0, 4-1 then another 2 and 3 in knock outs and gives players plenty of chances for goals

Not for us though :(

With quals and then hitting another 5 or so in a tournament adds up quickly

Is Sturridge EVER coming back?

Archived