England - Euro 2016 Thread

Djstu23

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I enjoyed Shelvey last night. Wastes no time getting the ball from the back and playing through the attackers, needs to be a regular starter if he keeps this form up as with our pace it's needed instead of the usual slow midfielders where they have to look up first/take multiple touches/dribble with the ball.

Would like to see us play against Switzerland without Rooney so we can see how we perform against a reasonable nation without him.

I really like him, amazing technique and eye for a pass. Funny you should mention pace, it's one thing that really works against him. That and he's so inconsistent.

We don't know how to use slow playmakers like him anyway, so doubt he'll feature in the bigger games.

They might not be quite as bad as Andorra but they're still boring as hell.

At the risk of sounding like wandsfan I'd quite like to draw Gibraltar as our crap team.

Well at least the game won't be a total snoozefest like yesterday's was. Plus a nice trip to Faro for the away games.

I thought they said 22 on TV yesterday otherwise I would have guessed 31 :D Seems like he's been around ages

Yeah, I remember Liverpool signing him and that seemed about 10 years ago :D Moving to Swansea been brilliant for him and he should continue to develop.

I've always liked Shelvey, really classy player. The test for him is to learn when to *not* play forward passes at the top level, because he'll just give the ball away too much if he does it against decent opposition. Proper defences (not Premiership defences) do not leave that many gaps open.

I think it's fine, Barkley is probably a bit too attacking when we don't actually have a proper defensive midfielder for this sort of game. Delph probably the most out of place but we don't have many other options with Carrick, Hendo and Wilshere out.

Surely there are better english defenders than Chris Smalling

There's not, and his form warrants his place. Don't remember him being this bad at passing though. Misplaced quite a few short passes this half already.

There's not, and his form warrants his place. Don't remember him being this bad at passing though. Misplaced quite a few short passes this half already.

One that really winds me up is players randomly playing a ball out under no pressure

That and gifting possession away from a throw

Our biggest issue remains in the final 3rd

We have pace but you'd not know it. I want a little more guile from Sterling. First 25 mins or so there are times he's out wide with the ball but cuts in and never takes on the man. When he does he's too easily dispossessed

We're going to shoot ourselves in the foot with some piece of defending in the 2nd half, that's for sure

I remember when players tried to go past a player. It's all very easy knocking the ball around in front of a defence and not making them have to do anything except wait for a stray pass

Archived