England - Euro 2016 Thread

Djstu23

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we are one of the only International teams to make a 4-0 lead look hard work

The 5-0 home win earlier in the campaign was one of the worst 5-0 against a minnow I have ever seen

What I hate about this type of match is the players sort of play in a lower gear. It's almost like they don't want to be seen to be trying really, really hard. I liked that Walcott came on and scored 2 and should have had a hat trick. If you play those balls through they'll generally work

Be nice to get a 100% record, meaningless as it'll be in the grand scheme of things but fully expect us to go a goal down and clamber to a draw against the Swiss on Tuesday

Nice goal from Kane as well. I was cynically wondering if they took Rooney off to boost ticket sales for Tuesday in that he 'might break the record/I was there' ;)

The 5-0 was a bit of a struggle. To be fair I'm sick of playing San Marino. It's just all a bit pointless. I fully understand they have a right to be in the qualification as much as anyone else. Would just rather we didn't draw them. We learn nothing out of these games. I'm not even sure how we should approach these games. Just give a game to a bunch of squad players? We did that a bit yesterday.

Highlight was seeing Woy strutting around the pitch in sunglasses like your dad on holiday.

Yeah, quite like San Marino in comparison to Andorra. At least San Marino have a go... got a couple of corners last night and crossed the halfway line a few times and didn't just throw themselves on the floor every five minutes to run the clock down.

I enjoyed Shelvey last night. Wastes no time getting the ball from the back and playing through the attackers, needs to be a regular starter if he keeps this form up as with our pace it's needed instead of the usual slow midfielders where they have to look up first/take multiple touches/dribble with the ball.

Would like to see us play against Switzerland without Rooney so we can see how we perform against a reasonable nation without him.

Archived