Sports Interactive Community
Djstu23

England - Euro 2016 Thread

It's all very well deciding we want to play a diamond but don't just play it regardless of what the opposition is doing. I don't think this has been the game for it and it's not helped Walcott either

Good performance by Theo, now scored in only 3 games for England in 38 appearances.

That's not a great record at all

We lose Lampard, Gerrard and where's the goals from midfield? Henderson? Delph?

That's not a great record at all

We lose Lampard, Gerrard and where's the goals from midfield? Henderson? Delph?

Sterling has 1...

Granted I don't watch every Liverpool game but I have never been impressed by Henderson in any game I've seen him play. Gives the ball away so much and has the most annoying strut about the pitch I've ever seen.

Think Delph has shown tonight he's good against the lesser nations, but as soon as he's up against better quality, he's just poor.

I think it's fair to say this isn't one of the finest Italian sides in recent years, the fact we can't break them down is quite embarrassing

That is not the first time Delph has passed to the opposition when attempting a 5-10 yard pass

FFS, how hard is it, mate

Delph ... just pass it as short as you can. Give it to someone that can actually pass. That's your job, ok

I think these Italian subs are all better than the team that started for them
Yeh they are. Our bench for this game is stronger than the XI. Doesn't include De Rossi either

Got to do more than just whack it straight in those situations, Wayne

He's not looked, he's not tried for a corner. That is not a proper finisher doing stuff like that

It's bad enough we've had to resort to playing Delph, but Ryan Mason too?!

It doesn't matter who comes on we're not scoring

Spot on as always :brock:

That is a sweet, sweet goal. Could see it coming a mile away, and still Buffon could do nothing to stop it.

As much as people don't seem to like Townsend he will try to shift it and get a shot in. That's useful and he'll carry the ball upfield

I cry out for a player that wants to take the ball on

Townsend obviously has Roy's trust and faith ... shows what that can do for a player really

seen how good Rooney has been since coming out of the hole?

it has always baffled me when he plays deep for England, he's a much better player up top

Oddly, the so-called weaker team has done a lot better and we're looked a bit better against the better Italian team with the subs

Well that had been coming, hopefully Hodgson has realised Jones is rubbish in midfield, yea fine experiment in friendlies but also realise what works and what doesn't.

Oddly, the so-called weaker team has done a lot better and we're looked a bit better against the better Italian team with the subs
More the use of width. No more narrow nonsense against a team with three central defenders and three central midfielders

Why are the commentators talking like it's the first time ever we've had pace? We've always had it.

Phil Jones is awful, I'm angry that he's allowed to be a professional football player. That he is paid a crazy amount and gets to play for England. He should be nowhere near a national team.

As much as people don't seem to like Townsend he will try to shift it and get a shot in. That's useful and he'll carry the ball upfield

I cry out for a player that wants to take the ball on

Townsend obviously has Roy's trust and faith ... shows what that can do for a player really

Don't see what's not to like about Townsend, good attacking minded player that's enjoyable to watch. Not saying he's a world bearer but he does a job.

Done far more for England than say, Walcott. Who was much more highly rated and hyped

More the use of width. No more narrow nonsense against a team with three central defenders and three central midfielders

We decided we're playing like this god dammit and no opposition line up is gonna change our minds! :D

Don't see what's not to like about Townsend' date=' good attacking minded player that's enjoyable to watch. Not saying he's a world bearer but he does a job.

Done far more for England than say, Walcott. Who was much more highly rated and hyped[/quote']

I like him

I watch him for England and he does stuff. He may be the new Darius Vassell in that he's better for England than his club