England - Euro 2016 Thread

Djstu23

Kane won't be hot property, but only because he plays for one of the richest clubs in the world already, whereas English clubs can easily afford to go and buy the best new talent from leagues which don't have England's money. If Kane played for Palermo or Villareal, he'd be hot property in exactly the same way Dybala and Vietto are. And rightly so.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kane won't be hot property, but only because he plays for one of the richest clubs in the world already, whereas English clubs can easily afford to go and buy the best new talent from leagues which don't have England's money. If Kane played for Palermo or Villareal, he'd be hot property in exactly the same way Dybala and Vietto are. And rightly so.

Pretty much, much easier to pull the other two from their clubs (Vietto has 20m euro release clause).

Based on what exactly?

Sorry I forget the end bit so updated my post, sorry busy watching a film.

I think the EPL is now the best paid league in the world, Spurs have lots of cash floating about, why would clubs be looking at a player that had 1 good season and they would have to pay insane cash to buy him when they can get, what I would see as a better player for less?

Kane is not going to be "hot property around Europe", the only clubs that may look at him are the likes of Man Utd or Man City and I doubt they will be willing to pay over the odds for him, certainly not at the money Spurs would be asking.

He has had 1 good season in the EPL, we will see how he gets on next season when he is still at Spurs.

what qualifies as a great striker, scoring more than 29 goals in the EPL ?

This is going to go down to how great some people think the EPL is compared to other countries leagues isn't it.

The EPL this season has been totally shocking, the worst I can remember and that goes back to when the EPL began.

How the English teams got on in Europe just shows that, the most money does not equal the best league.

Sorry I forget the end bit so updated my post, sorry busy watching a film.

I think the EPL is now the best paid league in the world, Spurs have lots of cash floating about, why would clubs be looking at a player that had 1 good season and they would have to pay insane cash to buy him when they can get, what I would see as a better player for less?

Kane is not going to be "hot property around Europe", the only clubs that may look at him are the likes of Man Utd or Man City and I doubt they will be willing to pay over the odds for him, certainly not at the money Spurs would be asking.

He has had 1 good season in the EPL, we will see how he gets on next season when he is still at Spurs.

Which doesn't explain why Dybala is better than Kane.

How many ''good seasons'' has Dybala had?

@ your other point - To be a ''great player'' you need to have two of the best teams in the world looking at you? Let's be honest, neither of those sides are renowned for signing English players haha. (I'm aware they've signed an handful).

Personally, I find it astonishing that people are trying to deflect away the fact that Kane is the top scorer in the EPL. Yes, he's had one good season, but he's 21 ffs. He's just entered the first team on a regular basis. He's playing for one of the better sides in the league. What else do people want him to do?

Which doesn't explain why Dybala is better than Kane.

How many ''good seasons'' has Dybala had?

I have actually seen Dybala play quite a few times and he is, in my opinion, a far better player than Kane, time will tell on that...

This is going to go down to how great some people think the EPL is compared to other countries leagues isn't it.

The EPL this season has been totally shocking, the worst I can remember and that goes back to when the EPL began.

How the English teams got on in Europe just shows that, the most money does not equal the best league.

yeah worst EPL ever, players that have done it in the LA Liga have struggled this season

Di Maria has shown how poor it is compared to Spain, Falcao has proven how poor and easy it is to score

Ozil was a magician in LA liga, he's been very good, the list goes on

i guarantee it will be hard for Kane to score in England than it would be against Sociedad and Elche in Spain

I have actually seen Dybala play quite a few times and he is, in my opinion, a far better player than Kane, time will tell on that...

Different styles, Kane is a superior finisher, Dybala is more rounded, creates almost as well as he scores. I'd say it depends on what you define as better.

Be interesting to see if Kane starts against Italy. Rooney and Welbeck both had good games

Sorry englandmanager but that always goes both ways.

Michu scored 14 goals in 101 appearances for Celta.

He got 20 in 52 for Swansea.

he also got 17 in 39 for Rayo Vallecano the season before he moved to Swansea, his games for Celta werent even in the top flight, i think he was used as a less attacking midfielder at Celta, which explains his lower goal tally

he also got 17 in 39 for Rayo Vallecano the season before he moved to Swansea, his games for Celta werent even in the top flight, i think he was used as a less attacking midfielder at Celta, which explains his lower goal tally

Michu was practically a CM at Celta, drifted forward as his goal scoring ability shone through.

It goes for the likes of Falcao at Man Utd, the guy scored goals for a living at other teams because he was a box player, I have seen him out on the left wing at Man Utd so it is silly to say this player done better in this league with this team, it always goes in circles.

I do think that Michu was an attacking midfielder at Celta though. :p

Edit-

Maybe tms is right, I do know when I seen him he was playing as attacking midfielder at Celta.

Spurs need Champions League football to keep this guy though surely?

he's gonna be hot property around europe at this continued level

No he won't he has played half a season and done well i really doubt the elite clubs will knock the door down for someone who is unproven and not had even two whole seasons playing yet.

If this time next year he is just as good then people will want him i am pretty sure even bale being considered a don had three years there.

how can people claim he is unproven ffs?

he's scoring goals for fun at the highest level, people loved messi after 1 season, but then again he had an exotic name didn't he

and no i'm not claiming he is the new messi , but i bet nobody back then was saying, purple patch or over-rated etc

No he won't he has played half a season and done well i really doubt the elite clubs will knock the door down for someone who is unproven and not had even two whole seasons playing yet.

If this time next year he is just as good then people will want him i am pretty sure even bale being considered a don had three years there.

Would 15/16 goals next season count as ''just as good'' or will there be people who expect Kane to score 25 year upon year?

and no i'm not claiming he is the new messi , but i bet nobody back then was saying, purple patch or over-rated etc

You say you are not saying he is the new Messi but then you directly say that with Messi no one was saying a purple patch.

There is a big difference.

If Kane can go next season and bang in lots of goals he may very well be on the move, maybe to another English club.

Messi had been touted as a phenomenon for about 5/6 years by the time he made his debut, whereas Kane played his way through the youth setup with minimal fanfare - there was an expectation that he would be good, but not as good as he has been. Messi was dropped into the first team at 17, too, with much anticipation, whereas Kane has been out on loan at a few clubs, and without garnering anything like the reputation he is now. There is no comparison between the two in terms of their preparation for first team football.

I think it's that element which causes people to think this is just a purple patch; the slightly un-anticipated nature of his rise to SUCH prominence. He seems to have all the qualities to keep it going, though.

It goes for the likes of Falcao at Man Utd, the guy scored goals for a living at other teams because he was a box player, I have seen him out on the left wing at Man Utd so it is silly to say this player done better in this league with this team, it always goes in circles.

I do think that Michu was an attacking midfielder at Celta though. :p

Edit-

Maybe tms is right, I do know when I seen him he was playing as attacking midfielder at Celta.

he was, but his role was a lot more defensive and disciplined, practically a CM in execution many times.

The front three were all good as was Carrick England's biggest issue has been Delph and Henderson neither have been poor but we could do with a more technically gifted player happier in the final third.

Thought the England formation was a good one, probably the right one. But this ^^

That midfield three is awful and won't get past the QF of a tournament, barring a favourable draw.

Also have the issue of Hodgson refusing to play a team that works, and instead trying to fit all his forwards in one team.

Thought the England formation was a good one, probably the right one. But this ^^

That midfield three is awful and won't get past the QF of a tournament, barring a favourable draw.

Also have the issue of Hodgson refusing to play a team that works, and instead trying to fit all his forwards in one team.

I dont think its awful, I think youd also have Wilshere in there instead of Delph

Question is will Carrick be fit and healthy come the next big tournament? He's old even for a central midfielder. What's sad is he's still only in and around the team when in the 9 years he's been at united his form has demanded his inclusion for 6 of them. Not only because he's a very talented player but because he's the only type of his kind in the country and because it's what we miss horribly.

Would be typical of England just to realise it as he goes into terminal decline.

Yeah agree with all of this.

Archived