Sports Interactive Community
JL94x4

Is CA(Current Ability)/PA(Potential Ability) flawed??

Ah my bad i hadn't thought to look a Messi's age and that it's leadership now and not influence. Apologies and ignore me wasn't clear from the original post.

I would love that to happen in real life. :-) Great story.

It really was. I was crushed when my hard drive corrupted and I lost my save (as well as everything else) before I got the chance to sign him.

Stats are more important than CA/PA.

It has so much to say whether their attributes are distributed so it fit the players playing role.

For instance if you have a good striker who have a CA at 180. Then lets say he got 19 in tackling. These 19 points of stats could have been used better as he is a striker.

The players stats should fit the role they are playing. So yeah stats are more inportant than CA, it all comes down to how they are distrubuted and how well they fit the players role and position.

Stats are more important than CA/PA.

For instance if you have a good striker who have a CA at 180. Then lets say he got 19 in tackling. These 19 points of stats could have been used better as he is a striker.

Actually, the difference between 1 and 20 in tackling for a pure striker in FM14 is about 2 CA points - similar to 1 point (out of 20) for his weaker foot and probably less than 1 point of acceleration. It's practically more or less a free attribute for them.

------------------------------------------------------------

Continuing my experimenting with abusing the system with positional attribute weightings to create low CA players with monstrous key attributes, I have now managed to use the editor to create a CA/PA 85 player who became the top scorer of the English Premier League with 29 goals in 36 games in my first test season with him.

Attributes in the right place can make an enormous difference, and it's nowhere near as effective as it used to be in terms of shifting weightings with various positions - but it still plays a role. There are a lot of subtle differences that just notching a player up a few rating points in a position re-balances weightings by quite a bit.

The CA/PA system is a lot more complex than most players give it credit for, it's not perfect - I've seen some suggest there should be a CA/PA for technical skills, mental abilities and physical ability but to a large extent we can do that already - we can spend a large amount of a players CA on physical attributes or technical attributes if that is where their strength lies.

Continuing my experimenting with abusing the system with positional attribute weightings to create low CA players with monstrous key attributes, I have now managed to use the editor to create a CA/PA 85 player who became the top scorer of the English Premier League with 29 goals in 36 games in my first test season with him.

Can you post screens of him in-game and in-editor? I wanted to make a test with 90 ca/pa team to see if it could win something.

Can you post screens of him in-game and in-editor? I wanted to make a test with 90 ca/pa team to see if it could win something.

kBhIo5p.png

His weak foot is rated 12, positions are: SW (20), CD (20), STC (12). Versatility, Consistency and Important Matches are maxed, as are all personality attributes except controversy. Injury proneness and dirtiness are 1.

The attribute and position distribution is not that thought out and certainly far from optimal. Actually it was a clear mistake to have a positional value for SW added because without it his RCA (the CA corresponding to the attributes) is just 71. With more carefully considered attributes and a tactic made by someone like Cleon (I played him as advanved forward in the game's default 4-4-2 tactic with no adaptions whatsoever) I think the results could be even more impressive by far.

Perhaps this abuse of the attribute weighting system is a bit silly because neither the game nor the data researchers creates pathological players like this, but I do think there is something slightly hilarious with having a CA 85 (or 71) central defender who is the most lethal striker of the EPL...

I have also played around a little with creating a similar monster central defender. Here I find that it seems advantageous to set postions in the AM strata as natural. STC seems to be slightly worse, because Jumping and Heading have high weights for strikers.