Sports Interactive Community
BoxToBox

Are there other teams like Crewe Alexandra?

As in, really good facilities and youth setup, while not being a top team, or even in a top league?

Want to start a FMC save, but want a place that won't annoy me quickly because I can't develop their youth setup myself, nor do I want to start on top of the game, or at Crewe itself for that matter.

Sheffield United? Start in League One. Large stadium for the league. Good youth and training facilities as I recall. Good youth network. You even have a Saudi sheik as part owner. Club philosophy is to develop young players for the senior squad.

I'm them in my current save. Haven't had any major annoyances.

Middlesbrough and 1860 Munchen have fantastic setups(I just checked), but already being in the 2nd div, perhaps too easy?

Cheers for the Sheffield shout, they could be very interesting.

Havre AC have a good setup, I've been managing them now for about 6 seasons and even the average regens coming through are incredible. They also start in Ligue 2, so there's the challenge to get them up at first and then kick on and challenge PSG and Monaco.

Shelbourne in Ireland. Good youth facilities, they are in Ireland's top league but obviously that's a long way down the hierarchy of football. It's an interesting challenge.

Shelbourne in Ireland. Good youth facilities, they are in Ireland's top league but obviously that's a long way down the hierarchy of football. It's an interesting challenge.

When I play in the low/mid English leagues, they get raided for youth! :cool:

As you already mentioned, Middlesbrough are a good shout - a friend of mine enjoyed a really good save with them, though they are a lot bigger than Crewe.

Queens Park have an excellent youth set up although its pretty damn hard to vastly improve their league position in FM14.

Strasbourg (French 3rd tier) is a pretty decent start in terms of facilities/setup. Better than most of the league, following relegation for financial issues, but not overpowered

Plymouth Argyle. Lots of young players with potential and facilities above league standard.

I can really recommend Pescara from the Italian serie B. They have pretty good youth facilities. Already had a 4.5 star player come through in the first season, as well as two 4 star players.

Bucaspor in Turkey. A renown sporting club there for production of young talent, and as soon as they come through on the game big clubs are sniffing around. Lovely purple kits too.

I've found that almost any Brazilian or Argentine club will give you every year a fantastic intake. Facilities aren't the best, but the talent especially for attacking midfielders and strikers to develop can be breathtaking

Hibs are a good option too, especially in Fm15 or an updated '14 database where they are in the second tier with few experienced players, a great foundation for developing youth.

This is something I feel passionate about. I've played with Plymouth before and their setup is decent and still a challenge.

This is why I would like attributes to be bit more vague so that it would be more possible to develop youth players.