Sports Interactive Community

I just have a general question really. Im Celtic and my rep is World Class after winning the domestic treble last 3 years plus Europa and I am looking to move on. Big jobs come up but managers with lower reps are consistently getting them while I do not even get an interview. Could anyone explain this at all?

Ive applied for Liverpool who have been just mid table and Man Utd who haven't won anything and Im not getting anything and the jobs are going to people with continental reps. Just wondered if this is to do with being in the Scottish league?

I've just landed the Napoli job whilst manager of Hibs, where I'd been six seasons and won just one Scottish Cup and one League Cup, and still have only a National Rep. I also turned down the Liverpool job the season before.

I'm playing on FMC though, dunno if that makes any difference.

I've just landed the Napoli job whilst manager of Hibs, where I'd been six seasons and won just one Scottish Cup and one League Cup, and still have only a National Rep. I also turned down the Liverpool job the season before.

I'm playing on FMC though, dunno if that makes any difference.

thats quite unrealistic if i must say so :lol:

I just have a general question really. Im Celtic and my rep is World Class after winning the domestic treble last 3 years plus Europa and I am looking to move on. Big jobs come up but managers with lower reps are consistently getting them while I do not even get an interview. Could anyone explain this at all?

I don't know that this is the case, but it's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

In the game now it is possible to have a very distinct style of management. Not just the way you play, but also the way you interact with the Media and the Players and even down to what sort of player you sign. It's possible that your style of management wasn't what they are looking for..... maybe.

thats quite unrealistic if i must say so :lol:

What's more unrealistic is that I'm on the brink of the sack after just 8 weeks. During which time I've lifted them from 17th to 8th, and got to the knockout phase of the Champions League. The reason? Because I'm not in the title race which is what I assume the seasons expectations were at the start of the season. I guess it doesn't take into account where the club were when I took over.

Ive applied for Liverpool who have been just mid table and Man Utd who haven't won anything and Im not getting anything and the jobs are going to people with continental reps. Just wondered if this is to do with being in the Scottish league?

I'm 14 years into the save with Stirling Albion in the SPL, I won the World Cup for Scotland, and I never get mentioned/approached. At this point, I'm just staying put until they name the next stadium after me.

I'm 14 years into the save with Stirling Albion in the SPL, I won the World Cup for Scotland, and I never get mentioned/approached. At this point, I'm just staying put until they name the next stadium after me.

I have a Stirling save too as I support them in real life. It's not one I'm on very often, but I won back to back promotions to the Championship (first time I've managed this with ANY team!), and in the first 7 weeks of the Championship season, I've had a job offer from both Partick Thistle and Raith Rovers.

There must be a common denominator why some people are offered jobs and some aren't. I dunno if you use an edited database, or have used the editor in some other way, perhaps nullifying other clubs approaching you or something? Who knows. Be interesting to find out though.

EDIT - Another thought - Do you holiday through a lot of games?

I haven't holidayed at all, I'm on the standard database. I've been offered a job by championship teams last year when my rep was continental. I was just querying the rep thing really. Realistically, the celtic manager wouldn't get the sort of jobs I've gone for but it's just the reputations that I'm unsure about because of the lower rep managers getting those jobs.

Thanks for your help on this

I have a Stirling save too as I support them in real life. It's not one I'm on very often, but I won back to back promotions to the Championship (first time I've managed this with ANY team!), and in the first 7 weeks of the Championship season, I've had a job offer from both Partick Thistle and Raith Rovers.

There must be a common denominator why some people are offered jobs and some aren't. I dunno if you use an edited database, or have used the editor in some other way, perhaps nullifying other clubs approaching you or something? Who knows. Be interesting to find out though.

EDIT - Another thought - Do you holiday through a lot of games?

yes, I'm running an expanded Scottish system, but I have all of Great Britain, Germany, France, Belgium, Spain and the US loaded and playable (some were added a few years into the game). I started out as "former professional player", and when I peeked at my reputation using FM Scout Genie (okay, I didn't peek, I looked with both eyes...), it says I have a 9998/10000 rating...which might apparently scare most teams off. But years before, when the Tottenham job came open, I did take an interview (I applied, they didn't approach me), but then the Stirling board talked me out of leaving with some facilities upgrades. But I've never seen my name mentioned for the teams with higher reputation than Stirling.

Oh, and I don't holiday - let the assman manage some early cup games a few years ago and he was named Manager of the Year - made me mad, decided he doesn't get to run things anymore.

Go into your profile and check your reputation.I started off on automatic and took a Skrill North job and my rep reduces too 28% Obscure no matter how well I do it appears to average out on the league your in.

I have previously accepted a Welsh Premier league job and my rep would be National 50% while their but when I over achieved in the league I wouldn't even be considered for a mid table Skrill N/S club which was below my leagues rating.Leaving would be my only hope

Your Tactical or style of play can also have an influence.

Eg Would Crewe be interested in a defensive Manager who has a tendency too sign older players even if he managed a Club in Portugal's top league?

The philosophies you agreed when signing you contract may also count against you as they are not what the next Club agree with.

It is far harder to get a job in FM 14(although it went too hard and became an issue)than previous versions.

Have you edited anything to give yourself an advantage?Maybe FM downgrades the success of an edited team.

English leagues are well known for being isolated or ignorant of what happens abroad thier are numerous British Managers who achieve moderate success while moving around African,Asian or MLS leagues and only get recognised when ''World Soccer magazine'' or ''442'' decided to wright an article on it.

If you want a RL comparison Roy Hodgson had a far higher rep than Sunday League player when he became Manager and it took him 20 years,moving to Switzerland and getting the Inter Milan job before any English Club's noticed him enough too get the Blackburn job.He then disappeared into relative obscurity for 10 years untill he returned too Fulham in 2007.

yes, I'm running an expanded Scottish system,

Was this downloaded from somewhere? I'm wondering whether the person who made it has altered the country's rep in some way or something. Seems bizarre we're managing the same team, yet I've had offers after really moderate success whilst you've wildly over-achieved and no-one is interested.