Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
delra

Which PPMs should I get for this guy?

199 PA. Plays as a Poacher with AM(A) and AM(S) behind his back and two WM(S) crossing to him (at near post). I play high tempo, high pressing, pass into space, shorter passing games. Scores like mad, and he isn't even at his full potential yet. I trained him with Resolute/Perfectionist tutors and Complete Forward/Heavy schedule for the most part. Last season he had 20 goals in 22 games, now he's becoming a regular.

BrmAWFn.jpg

My question is, what would the best PPMs be for this guy? I was thinking:

1. Places shots.

2. Tries to round the keeper.

3. Hits free kicks with power.

4. Moves into channels.

Any thoughts?

depends how you want to use him. With 18 Acceleration, 19 pace and 19 off the ball, I'd definitely be looking at " likes to beat offside trap"

I wouldn't tutor any preferred moves. He looks a very complete player and he's doing fine as he is.

Also, bear in mind that a PPM might have some use now, but as he gets older it could become a liability as his physical stats drop - depending on the PPM of course.

Try to improve his weaker foot, then I would teach him to place shots, runs with ball through centre, likes to beat offside trap(only if he plays as AF/Poacher).

Teaching him to hit freekicks with power is a waste unless he takes your freekicks

I think places shots is more useful for wide players, rather than centre forwards. If you watch in game, chances which come on an angle (which are "cutting in" usually - although not exclusively) tend to have more chance of being sucessfull if "placed". Chances from a "central" position tend to have more chance if they are "shot with power". Its not clear cut, but generally this seems to be the case.

With a set of attributes like that, I wouldn't bother with training any PPM's. Isn't he already good enough?

If you really want to do something, developing his weaker foot could be a good asset. His decision-making should be good enough so he makes the right finishing moves.

Okay then, no moves other than weaker foot (he's 5/20 right now and 20 PA to go).

The funny thing is that his sportsmanship hasn't moved an inch from 1. I managed to tutor everything else so perfectly, but just couldn't up that one stat. So we have another Zlatan. :-)

I don't think he needs any PPM's. How about you watch him play and see which things, that he does, do you like the most. Then train him to do those more. For such a player the PPM's should be more to complement your tactical approach rather than the player himself.

What about "plays one twos"? Might be handy for splitting defences quickly.

id go with:

plays one twos (he have the technical ability and intellegence for this)

Tries to round the keeper (he is fast enough for this)

avoid using weaker foot (he is quite one footed so dont bother training the weaker one, just train him to avoid using it)

depends how you want to use him. With 18 Acceleration, 19 pace and 19 off the ball, I'd definitely be looking at " likes to beat offside trap"

I agree with this. With those stats this young man has the potential to tear through offside traps like they were made of wet cardboard. :cool:

I agree with this. With those stats this young man has the potential to tear through offside traps like they were made of wet cardboard. :cool:

I disagree. With his qualities he will be able to do that already, but the PPM might take away from his overall game.