Fans are stupid

I guess that's why fan is short for "Fanatic".

I get my monthly board confidence update. It's gone up (thankfully for the first time in two seasons). I get a positive mention for one player but the second nugget of information is "some of the fans have voiced their concerns over XXX performances and that is something you should think about".

OK, so this player has 19 appearances in 20 matches. A high rating of 9.60 and a average rating of 7.07. He's scored 12 goals (leading the SBL1) and 3 assists as a striker. Granted his season low rating of 5.60 (and his only sub-6.00 that I can recall) did occur in the last month but his last five matches were 6.20, 7.30, 6.20, 5.60, 6.80. So he had one dud match all season and they are freaking out? Get a life fan-boys!

Well, I see some top guys hit 9.0 once in a while. But a 7.0-7.4 seems to be average for my squad.

I'm sure overall talent matters. I'm not in the premier. None of my guys are Messi or Gold Ball caliber. Average salary is about 8k pw

I agree with the fans here. Over the last five games he has averaged 6.42. Poor.

I would assume that has maybe scored once in that time which is below his early season form so the fans have a right to 'voice concerns'.

Not really. He finished third in the league in average rating and third in goals scored. I'd say that's a successful season. Now, he's gone from my star striker down to 3rd string this year. The reason is simple, we've promoted from SBL1 to SBC. Completely different caliber of players. So he did have a couple of down games in that stretch...but with 15-20 games before that stretch I'd say freaking out enough to generate a media report from a five game stretch is a bit asinine.

And I spent more time looking at the post match report with ratings and even the CPU teams were in the 7's range for the most part for a "good game" with occasional 8's and low 9's for hat trick performances.

Archived