Sports Interactive Community
jmf1488

Touring other countries.

If i was to take a pre season tour around America. Will it help my merchandising sales by extending my fanbase in america? Or is it better to propose friendlies with popular sides and make money that way?

I am not sure what's best for your club, if you already have a great visitornumbers to your games, but it's maybe better to tour better teams and get more visitors to game if you need tofill the stadium

I have a feeder team in the US, and even though they're "too busy" to play a friendly each year, I schedule a tour every 2-3 years of 3-4 US teams, and it seems to really boost my merchandising. I've also done tours of Europe and South America, and now that the team's reputation is world-wide, the jersey sales really roll in. I really think I'm making more from the merchandising than the friendlies themselves, and you don't even have to play top-line clubs.

Yes, it does. You might not notice it at first but if you check the stats it should make sense.

just had a merchandise update: sales were $4.14 million last month, 5132 jerseys sold, of those 3079 were non-domestic...so 60% of my merchandise income is a result of my pre-season friendly tours, and I'm pulling down close to $50 million in merchandise sales every year.

Always try to do a tour if you can, rather than individual friendlies. The tour seems to rake in the merchandising sales year-round, while high profile friendlies might make you 500k or so in appearance fees but won't boost the merch much. Top countries for tours seem to be USA, Middle Eastern countries and China for me. Still get told on the annual financial roundup something like 'last years tour of Saudi Arabia continues to boost the club's coffers through merchandising'. Though the countries may change depending on which country you manage in. I'm in Germany.