Sports Interactive Community

Ive started a new career with porto (easy I know) but I am worried by the lack of home grown talent in the squad. Does any1 know of any reasonablely priced Portuguese players?

On the previous database at FCP, I wanted to sign only Portuguese or players from within Portugal so signed Andrea Leao for peanuts from Pacos, Cedric Soares from Sporting, Neto from Zenit, and Ruben from Maritimo (just as a back-up).

Others on my shortlist were William Carvalho, Andre Santos (V.Guimaraes), Eder (Braga), Veloso and Eliseu. I recall that sometimes the other big Portuguese clubs (SLB, Sporting) just won't sell to you - e.g. I really wanted Rui Patricio in goal.

Some of this may have changed on the current database. Otherwise, look at the NT squad at all age levels to see who is in your budget, or do a player search for all Portuguese nationality players.

Defo Cedric Soares, cost me like £600k at Napoli and went on to become a solid right-back for years, getting 60+ caps for Portugal.

Defo Cedric Soares, cost me like £600k at Napoli and went on to become a solid right-back for years, getting 60+ caps for Portugal.

Im playing as Sporting CP (first season in Feb) currently and Im already getting bids of 5/6 mil for him (valued at around 400k!).

I've done 3.5 years at Sporting signing only Portuguese players. I would say guys to keep an eye on are Tomas Podstawski, Danilo Pereira, Andre Gomes, Tiago Ilori who is English currently but eligible for Portugal, Ruben Semedo, Bruma, Marcos Lopes, Andre Martins and Esmael Goncalves who has been a good striker for me.

All of them have become Portuguese internationals except Ilori who was called up by England.