Sports Interactive Community
MrKumbo

Has anybody managed German national team?

Hi everyone,

Seems I cannot manage German national team despite being a 2 times C1 winner with Bayern. They just evicted Klopp after a poor 2018 WC, so I naturally decided to apply but they are not even considering me. Even with 100% world reputation, they still prefer hiring anybody else (I added a manager directly to coach the team and made him retire right after so that I could try many times, I gave up after 6th try). They prefer hiring Tuchel or even some next to unknown manager rather than me.

I think this has been an ongoing issue for me since FM 2012.

Any idea how overcoming this bug?

Playing 14.3.1, german players not greyed out obviously, no problem getting proposals from Brazil, Netherlands, France... Never Germany.

Thanks

What's your nationality in game? Some national teams will only hire managers from their nation I believe.

SI don't have the licence for the German national team so its not playable out of the box.

There is a workaround, have you used it?

Another thought would be do you have German nationality? Its possible the German national team prefer German managers.

Assuming that you haven't done any database changes, you can go into the editor and check foreign manager likeliness for Germany.

Click on Nations > find Germany > click on Information > locate foreign manager likeliness.

My guess is it would be very low as to my knowledge they have only ever had Germans in the position of manager.

I had the double nationality brazilian/german in the game, but I tried earlier (in FM 2013 though) with a 100% german manager, without success.

Which workaround are you talking about? As said before, I did the known one.

It's surprising that you can add a manager directly to coach the Mannschaft, but not be nominated to the position after a successful career in a club.

Foreign manager likeliness is 2, so I guess it's very low (pun intended). Not sure how it works when you are bi-national though. Anyway, did not seem to work with my full german manager...

The game is designed so you never get the chance to manage them, so you wont get offered, no matter what. Your only bet is to take over at the start of the game using a workaround.

OK, fair enough. Guess it is the same for Japan?

I remember coaching German national team after being appointed, but it was way back, in FM07 maybe. I thought the licensing issue was already there back then, but I might be wrong, it was so long ago...

Thanks for the help! I'll be returning to French or Dutch national team then. :)

I'm not sure what I did but on my FM, The German team is how it is in real life. I tried winning the World Cup with them but failed terribly.

OK, fair enough. Guess it is the same for Japan?

I remember coaching German national team after being appointed, but it was way back, in FM07 maybe. I thought the licensing issue was already there back then, but I might be wrong, it was so long ago...

Thanks for the help! I'll be returning to French or Dutch national team then. :)

In FM 07, Germany, Netherlands, Japan, South Korea and China are the ones you can't play as without a workaround. I don't know if they accept applications because I haven't managed any yet.

@brawla123: but you mean you have been appointed Manager of the German national team, or did you started a career for it?

@ozzyoscy: I don't remember if it was FM07. But I remember being Mannschaft manager in an older version of FM. And I remember I was appointed to the position, I did not start with the title of German national team manager.

@brawla123: but you mean you have been appointed Manager of the German national team, or did you started a career for it?

@ozzyoscy: I don't remember if it was FM07. But I remember being Mannschaft manager in an older version of FM. And I remember I was appointed to the position, I did not start with the title of German national team manager.

I started with them. Sorry, I didn't read the original post properly.

Ah, this makes me feel so much better about getting my interest 'laughed off' every time despite being German and a 7-time Bundesliga winner and triple Champions League winner!

Yeah I know! That was so frustratiiiiing. Like "we'd prefer hire this unknown guy who was relegated to 3rd division rather than you" was ******* me off a bit.

Gotta love the realism of the game sometimes!

Yeah I know! That was so frustratiiiiing. Like "we'd prefer hire this unknown guy who was relegated to 3rd division rather than you" was ******* me off a bit.

Gotta love the realism of the game sometimes!

That might not even be an invisible block. I once applied for the England job after managing them twice, the second time wining them the Euros, and they rejected me for some dude. This is while I was the best manager in the game by far and England were resorting to calling up the odd Championship player and losing 3-0 to everyone.