Career history disappeared

Playing FM Classic through Steam, having come to the fall of 2017, now all player career history has gone. All previous season (in game, not before the game started) seems to be replaced with "0-01 Algeria, Pro League, Free, 0 - - ----". Rather annoying.

What is going on?

Is it fixable.

Will it happend again if I start a new game?

Hi, sorry to hear this has happened.

Unfortunately, this isn't fixable. It's often caused by a conflict with another program on your system while the save game is loaded, typically an anti-virus scanning those files while you're playing.

See this page in the online manual for more info: http://www.footballmanager.com/manual/?game=38&locale=en_GB&id=623

Thanks for the answer.

So it is most likely due to Windows Defender (my antivirus) then, I guess? What programs other than antivirus can it be?

What folders do I need to except?

documents/sports interactive?

steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2014?

Are there others?

Do I need to except all subfolders too, or will they automatically not scan subfolders when the main folder is excempted?

Just want to make me as sure as possible before abandoning the game and start over. Would be beyond frustrating if I gave this one up, just to see the same happend again!

• Administrators

Well your Windows Defender - is that scheduled to scan your machine at any points? Have you deleted any files recently or run any kind of registry cleaner/file cleaner on your system?

It generally happens when the temp files are removed from a save game whilst the save game is open. These files can be found here -

C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\Temporary

Bear in mind to see this folder you need to have hidden files and folders switched on. Please make sure this folder is not scanned.

I have not run any such program while FM have been running, so I guess it is due to the Antivirus. Exception set. Hope it's enough!

(You should have a notice about this in advance, so that you don't discover in in the midst of a game!)

Archived