Sports Interactive Community
ademac

Work Permits, Coaches going for pro licences, injuries and a few other stats....

I've been keeping a record of injuries, coaches on training courses, work permit applications/scouting since the start of my current save. Personally I think it makes interesting reading. I started as Chester in the Skrill Prem. It took me eight seasons to get to the Premiership. I have spent four seasons in the Premiership. The following is a complete set of stats borne out of the 13 seasons this save has been going.

Throughout those seasons I have always done the same pre-season, 7 weeks, first 2 weeks in fitness for general, and tactics with the slider over to the left. After this, exclusively balanced training for general and a mix of def set pieces/att set pieces/def positioning/att movement, always at 30%. Always with a rest the day after a match.

In game knocks are the green injuries you see and are labelled as "greens. "Reds", are the injuries that require a direct substitution.

Injuries.

2013/2014 Semi Professional, Skrill Prem.

74 "Greens." 27 of these became injuries of over a month.

34 "Reds." 22 of these became injuries of over a month. 7 torn hamstrings.

2014/2015 Professional, Skrill Prem.

57 "Greens." 32 of these were over a month.

19 "Reds." 15 of these were over a month. 9 torn hamstrings.

2015/2016 Professional, League 2.

63 "Greens." 27 of these were over a month.

16 "Reds." 7 of these were over a month. 5 torn hamstrings.

2016/2017 Professional, League 2.

49 "Greens." 12 of these were over a month.

22 "Reds." 12 of these were over a month. 11 torn hamstrings.

2017/2018 Professional, League 1.

57 "Greens." 9 of these were over a month.

18 "Reds." 8 of these were over a month. 3 torn hamstrings.

2018/2019 Professional, Championship.

48 "Greens." 25 of these were over a month.

26 "Reds." 13 of these were over a month. 4 torn hamstrings.

2019/2020 Professional, Championship.

39 "Greens." 18 of these were over a month.

14 "Reds." 14 of these were over a month. 9 torn hamstrings.

2020/2021 Professional, Championship. Euro Cup ( runner up in FA Cup )

33 "Greens." 7 of these were over a month.

17 "Reds." 11 of these were over a month. 11 torn hamstrings.

2021/2022 Professional, Premiership. Euro Cup ( best discipline )

47 "Greens." 13 of these were over a month.

24 "Reds." 12 of these were over a month. 6 torn hamstrings.

2022/2023 Professional, Premiership. Euro Cup.

31 "Greens." 6 of these were over a month.

22 "Reds." 9 of these were over a month. 6 torn hamstrings.

2023/2024 Professional, Premiership.

32 "Greens." 17 of these were over a month.

19 "Reds." 8 of these were over a month. 4 torn hamstrings.

Coaches.

All of the coaches I have signed have always had atleast an "A" Licence. So they only had to gain a pro licence. Below is how they have progressed, along with the season and division I was in at the time and the number of coaches studying for a pro licence.

2013/2014 Skrill Prem. None.

2014/2015 Skrill Prem. 2 coaches. 2 coaches gained the pro licence.

2015/2016 League 2. 2 Coaches. 2 coaches gained the pro licence.

2016/2017 League 2. 1 coach. 1 coach gained the pro licence.

2017/2018 League 1. 3 coaches. 3 coaches gained the pro licence.

2018/2019 Championship. 2 coaches. 2 coaches gained the pro licence.

2019/2020 Championship. 2 coaches. 2 coaches gained the pro licence.

2020/2021 Championship. 1 coach. 1 coach gained the pro licence.

2021/2022 Premiership. 4 coaches. 0 coaches gained the pro licence.

2022/2023 Premiership. 7 coaches. 1 coach gained the pro licence.

2023/2024 Premiership. 8 coaches. 0 coaches gained the pro licence.

So looking at the above stats, it appears the likelihood to gain a pro licence coaching badge is much more likely in the lower divisions. Of course this could be down to the extre workload required in higher leagues.

Next, I'll list the amount of players I've tried to sign from none EU countries. I've scouted each of these players on atleast 3 or 4 ocassions and have only tried to sign them if my scouts have told me "Will fail the initial application but is likely to be successful on appeal." I will follow the above format, season, number of non EU players and number successful.

2013/2014 Skrill Prem. None.

2014/2015 Skrill Prem. None.

2015/2016 League 2. 1 player. 1 player signed on appeal.

2016/2017 League 2. 2 players. 2 players signed on appeal.

2017/2018 League 1. 3 players. 3 players signed on appeal.

2018/2019 Championship. 9 players. 8 players signed on appeal.

2019/2020 Championship. 3 players. 3 players signed on appeal.

2020/2021 Championship. 1 player. 1 player signed on appeal.

2021/2022 Premiership. 17 players. 0 players signed on appeal.

2022/2023 Premiership. 13 players. 0 players signed on appeal.

2023/2024 Premiership. 19 players. 1 players signed on appeal.

The obvious conclusion is subs standard players that would never gain a work permit for a premiership club, are much more likely to receive one in lower divisions. But doesn't this break all the rules? As I understand it, if the player is an "exceptional talent" he doesn't necessarily have to reach all the normal rules.

I know this isn't a massive amount of data, but it has taken me a long time to collate, and it is over quite a few seasons. Just thought I'd share it. And I know I've complained about the number of torn hamstrings before....and been told the game rolls a random number, if that number is "serious injury" it rolls another number, and more than likely it's just a coincidence that the game has rolled so many torn hamstrings for me. I've held off writing this post, but I do think a few of you might find it interesting.

Wow, nice work! I'm gonna take a whack at interpreting some of the data

Injuries

- less injuries as you rise in leagues due to better player stats in natural fitness/other physical stats

Coaches

- this one baffles me

Work Permits

- a bit baffling too. What are the ages of the players you failed to sign in the premier league? I know the appeal is based off of their Potential Ability rating, I don't think it has much to do with their Current Ability rating.

My last season. It's got to the point where I cheat now, these torn hamstrings happen so often. Never changed anything, same pre-season as always, ( following all of Cleons setup, ) forgive me if it wasn't Cleon, I'll edit it tomorrow...... I simply reload now. Because they happen so frequently, I've come to the conclusion it's complete nonsense.

I rotate, I don't play players under 92%, every single one of my players never drops below 90% match fitness, but most of these are ingame injuries, not training injuries. I don't have any instructions set for them such as "Get stuck in, tackle harder, close down more." I've read every thread going. I do 2-3 weeks of fitness training in pre-season before changing back to balanced. I do everything that has been suggested. Including arranging the pre-season friendlies as per the aforementioned thread.

I hate reloading but look at the stats below from this season. ( This if I'd allowed the season to be played out as the game dealt to me. Without the reloads. )

2024/2025. Premiership. Euro Cup ( got to the final. ) Played a total of 67 games in all competitions.

64 "Greens." 44 of these were injuries for longer than a month. 19 of these were torn hamstrings.

29 "Reds." 19 of these were injuries for longer than a month. 16 of these were torn hamstrings.

I'm not using my own pre-season, I'm following one of the most read and most respected guides for pre-season on these forums, to the letter, exactly as read.

I'm rotating, I'm doing absolutely everything, following suggestions to the letter from the most read "avoid injury threads," on these forums and it still happens.

Hence why I just reload now. Quite often I win these games comfortably, but I reload and go on holiday for a day, instead of my normal extended highlights. And if I lose the game, but get no injuries I take it on the chin. That's how sick of it I am. I've even used genie scout to check on how jaded the players are. I started doing that half way through this season because it became so abundantly clear how patently ridiculous it had got.

I hate that I've essentially ruined this save using genie scout. Only saving grace is that I placed a piece of paper over the CA/PA areas. I did check on the "Hidden," injury proneness rating.....My first team squad averaged 6.9. Which is about as good as you'll ever get it, playing legit and using your backroom staff. And the guys getting injured.... didn't matter if they had a natural fitness of < 15 and injury proneness of > 7 ( highly unlikely to get injured ), or natural fitness of 11 ( my lowest ) and injury proneness of 12 ( my highest. ) The game seemed to not discriminate.

Not one player, not even one of them had a "jadedness" of over 70-100. For those of you who don't know, when you get a message saying the player is jaded and needs a rest, it's when his jadedness figure is higher than 250 after a match.....I know only too well that a prolonged period of playing when a player continues to play with a jadedness rating of over 200 results that the likelihood of an injury is massively increased. But I checked this before every single match and still the injuries came.

Personally I feel like I'm cheating by reloading, but at least if I lose the match on a reload, I accept it and move on....just thankful I'd got through a game without YET another torn hamstring. Meh, not happy. Going to bed now and expecting a flurry of comments, "It's your fault, you're doing something wrong, it's your training, or your pre-season etc etc." Trust me it's not. I've read more words, threads and incredibly detailed posts on here than I ever did via text books for my dissertation. And I got a first for that.

Interesting thread, and it hasn't really gotten the attention it deserves.

Did the numbers in my own team, although I haven't gone to players that have been sold/released (many have retired anyway, as they were crap). This is in a career spanning five and a half seasons. I've had the majority of the first team players for at least three years. These numbers also include the youths though, and they (20-25 players) have only been here a fairly short period and had few injuries. In total I have 47 players right now. Injuries shorter than 4 weeks are not included, but naturally there were many such, 2-3 weeks for twisted knees and ankles, pulled hamstrings, and so forth.

Injuries.png

A fair few torn hamstrings here too, perhaps too many, but it's not an obscene number over a handful of years for quite a few players. I know I had several damaged cruciate ligaments, though, even wrote about it in a thread here, so those players must have left the club as I only saw one.

Bit of a scary number at the end there, but overall it's probably not too bad. I find the worst part about injuries in FM isn't necessarily the injuries themselves (though they can be bad, especially when they pile up in one position), but that physical attributes, especially pace and acceleration, get slashed no matter what you do, and in many cases can't be trained back up again. I've tried focusing injured players on quickness or stamina, but I can't really tell if it does anything. Physicals still get cut down.

Thanks for the reply Pangaea. I'm sure different people see different patterns, and RNG is RNG, and probably hasn't had many replies because I broke the number one golden rule of forum post, ie I went on a rant and didn't really think how the data was presented etc.

Interesting you have had a fair few torn hamstrings also, no where near my numbers but interesting nonetheless. This season it seems to have flipped from torn hamstrings ( only 2 ), to torn calf muscles ( 6 ). To be honest I'm only playing until the end of this season and then start a new save. Self imposed "genie scout is cheating" rules, and being the weak fool I am, I did end up looking at the CA/PA of my players !

It often seems that the golden rule that mustn't be broken is to not write long posts. Sign of the times I guess.

What kind of training are you using btw? I've no idea of the 'green' and 'red' count for my seasons, but it does seem like you're getting quite a lot of injuries.

I'm using 10-14 days of heavy fitness during pre-season, where I tune down individual training to light (wish I could set it to none with the click of a button, but can't be arsed to redo all the individual stuff, so set it to light rather than remove the whole lot). Not getting into Heavy/Very Heavy territory can be tricky when changing back to normal training, so I usually have to do that gradually, due to how the game sets training on a weekly basis I think. But the normal procedure is then Balanced training on Low, and Individual training on Heavy. Unless I change too much tactics-wise, these should be fluid, so I run with 20% there, on whatever the assman suggests. This leaves the workload on Medium for all players without extra training. Positional training or PPM can put them into Heavy, but I usually just go with that instead of putting Ind. training down to Medium. Nobody are complaining and I'm not getting silly amounts of injuries, so I reckon it works quite well.