Third Place Playoff: Brazil V The Netherlands - 12th July - 21:00 BST

PMLF

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rules say if the foul continues into the area, then a penalty should be given. I think it did, just about. Should be a red though.

That is what is confusing me too, with everybody categorically saying it wasn't a penalty. Looked like it continued into the box, but I've not seen a proper replay yet.

In any case, it should have been a red card.

The ref had a nightmare but for the neutral it was maybe for the best, a free kick and a red card so early would have maybe just killed the game straight away.
I was hoping for a red so I could watch Brazil get utterly shafted again :(

Brazil have already conceded 12 goals in this World Cup, the most goals Brazil have ever conceded, breaking the record of 1938 (11 goals).

To all that says this match means nothing, well ive seen interviews with former players from Sweden, Croatia, Turkey and Germany saying the opposite. Its about leaving the wc with a victory and a medal and not leaving with a loss.

• SI Staff

@PMLF

Are there really great starlets about to break through for Brazil? Will they have a better line-up in four years time?

Scolari is likely to quit of course (since he's about 200 years old) - could be an interesting time to be their new manager?

Is Silva overated? He was a fault for a few goals in the CL when I have seen him play

Yes, he is overrated, but Brazil as a whole so messy that he most likely is underperforming.

@PMLF

Are there really great starlets about to break through for Brazil? Will they have a better line-up in four years time?

Scolari is likely to quit of course (since he's about 200 years old) - could be an interesting time to be their new manager?

I think Brazil will be a bit more mature in 2018, but otherwise the squad will be just as average, without any top strikers, having the likes of Danilo/Rafael and Alex Sandro as fullbacks, etc...

Tite might be the new manager, he coached Corinthians when they won the Club World Cup but there are other options like Muricy Ramalho.

Brazil have already conceded 12 goals in this World Cup, the most goals Brazil have ever conceded, breaking the record of 1938 (11 goals).

We'll call it 4 in 5 matches and forget that abomination of a match

Ah okay. Just wondered since he threw his hands in the air when RvP placed the ball on the spot :)

Archived