Need help with Tactics

Hi All.

Here is my tactic screen

fypy8xf.jpg

My team is struggling to score goals, can easily give up leads. Opposition wingers seem to be able to get behind my defence with ease.

I can dominate matches, all stats well in my favor but just cannot score, I do not create many clear cut chances.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

You dont score enough bec you lack direct running option.. both W on support duty.. Poacher as lone forward is very hard to work.. AM(A) is good.. but thats all you have really.. no one to stretch the width of the pitch.. you guys all want a lot of CCC.. but with no width.. how can you create clear opening..

Change at least one winger to attack.. change another winger to an inside role. probably your left one.. since right side will have AP(S) taking space already.. so IF(S/A).... change forward to AF(A) to lead the line rather than P..... since your left side is an IF now. you can give LB an attack duty so he can provide width on this side..

Defensive wise you lack cover for yoru back four.. you have 2 defend duty player thats it.. with no natural DM.. you have huge amount of space for AM to work ... imagine this. .winger bypass your FB.. one of your CB move to cover .. then who is left to cover for your CB? CM(S)? nah he is too far away.

I am suprised your assitant hasn't told you there is a huge gap b/w your back 4 and 2 MCs... So i would run a CM(D)+DLP(S).. or B2B+DLP(D).. something like that.. provide running but also defencesive cover..

and since you have no AP anymore you can think about changing AML to a AP(S/A) (IF S/A also works...)

You dont score enough bec you lack direct running option.. both W on support duty.. Poacher as lone forward is very hard to work.. AM(A) is good.. but thats all you have really.. no one to stretch the width of the pitch.. you guys all want a lot of CCC.. but with no width.. how can you create clear opening..

Change at least one winger to attack.. change another winger to an inside role. probably your left one.. since right side will have AP(S) taking space already.. so IF(S/A).... change forward to AF(A) to lead the line rather than P..... since your left side is an IF now. you can give LB an attack duty so he can provide width on this side..

Defensive wise you lack cover for yoru back four.. you have 2 defend duty player thats it.. with no natural DM.. you have huge amount of space for AM to work ... imagine this. .winger bypass your FB.. one of your CB move to cover .. then who is left to cover for your CB? CM(S)? nah he is too far away.

I am suprised your assitant hasn't told you there is a huge gap b/w your back 4 and 2 MCs... So i would run a CM(D)+DLP(S).. or B2B+DLP(D).. something like that.. provide running but also defencesive cover..

and since you have no AP anymore you can think about changing AML to a AP(S/A) (IF S/A also works...)

Thank you very much mate, fast reply. Made the changes already..

How about team instructions?

TI is really hard to say.. it largely depends on what type of game you want to play..

All the ones you have can work.. but also can not-work..

It really depends on how the game goes.. But just ask yourself.. do you knwo what kind of football you want your team to play..

Only thing i could say is sometimes less is more.. i try to keep it simple by only having 3-4 TIs at start of a match.. and tune it as i go..

I think you should keep an eye on shorter passing/work ball into box / play out of defence. these might be needed or not depends on the game.

Higher tempo is generally ok.. but not a great idea with a deep line.. (like if you want slow patient build up from behind. which seems to be suggested from yoru play touf of defence and shorter passing.. then you dont really need higher tempo)....

and i see your tatics familirty is not 100% yet.. this will affect yoru performance.. A LOT....

TI is really hard to say.. it largely depends on what type of game you want to play..

All the ones you have can work.. but also can not-work..

It really depends on how the game goes.. But just ask yourself.. do you knwo what kind of football you want your team to play..

Only thing i could say is sometimes less is more.. i try to keep it simple by only having 3-4 TIs at start of a match.. and tune it as i go..

I think you should keep an eye on shorter passing/work ball into box / play out of defence. these might be needed or not depends on the game.

Higher tempo is generally ok.. but not a great idea with a deep line.. (like if you want slow patient build up from behind. which seems to be suggested from yoru play touf of defence and shorter passing.. then you dont really need higher tempo)....

and i see your tatics familirty is not 100% yet.. this will affect yoru performance.. A LOT....

I am undefeated thus far, but drew 6 of first 7 games, which was not good.

Just beat Everton 3-0, had less shots but more possession and CCC than them. All there shots were from distance.

I have just changed tactics which is why it is not familiar as yet..

I would switch Lambert to AM S and have one of the Wingers Attack. With the drop deeper and all your mids on support seems to me like the just sit back a little bit and with higher tempo I bet they knocking it around quick in the middle, which is why you may have had more possession but less penetration. I would maybe try Sturridge as an Advanced Forward? I would also set one of the CM to a D Duty. Maybe on the side of the attacking winger you select, that should provide cover. But again take with a pinch of salt. Hope it gives you something to think about.

Leiva would be a CM D not an AP. I dont think he is creative enough. Also Llanna would be a good shout as an AP on the wing or in the Middle of the park.

Archived