Semi Final 1: Brazil V Germany - 21:00 BST

Djstu23

Adrian Chiles suggesting Germany should have decided to stop playing last night at 5 because that was the nice thing to do. Haha. Bollocks to that, I'd have aimed for double figures. Its not 5 year olds playing. If Brazil had professional pride they'd have been the ones stopping Germany scoring. :D:D

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adrian Chiles suggesting Germany should have decided to stop playing last night at 5 because that was the nice thing to do. Haha. Bollocks to that, I'd have aimed for double figures. Its not 5 year olds playing. If Brazil had professional pride they'd have been the ones stopping Germany scoring. :D:D

They had to slow down though as it would have been silly to get tired or risk injuries when the match had been won already.

Being a bit harsh to single out Chiles considering a World Cup winning captain was firmly of the belief that that would be the right thing to do.

In fact, in Brazil we consider respect to be playing for goals however the game is. It would be disrespectful if they started moving the ball around and trying unnecessary tricks. Which by the way is likely that Brazil would do should they be in a commanding position...but of course Germany had to slow down. Even so, 7x1.

They did the right thing. Didnt see Ancelotti's Chelsea slowing down whilst giving someone like Villa or Wigan a nice pasting.

I couldn't imagine Fergie whilst spanking Ipswich 9-0, telling the players to slow down after the 6th goal....

Being a bit harsh to single out Chiles considering a World Cup winning captain was firmly of the belief that that would be the right thing to do.

Cant pick on Fabio, no matter what. Chiles on the other hand is a tool. :D

But its easy to say that sitting on the side I guess, different feelings playing in a game like that.

Chiles has spent the whole tournament maoning about Germany. He really hates them.

I think the timings of the goals were amazing as it is, with it being four goals in six minutes.

I went through the BBC coverage however to find out the goals scored from the time the game was restarted after a goal was scored, it's even more shocking (times should be accurate, based on when I heard the whistle during the highlights of the goals from the refereee to restart the game).

2nd Goal: 22.10

Kick-off: 23.00

3rd goal: 23.57

Kick-off: 24.46

4th goal: 25.06

Kick off: 25.56

5th goal: 28.48

By my estimate, there was less than a minute between kick off after the second goal and the Germans scoring a third. Even more shocking, there was only 20 seconds from kick-off after the third goal for Germany to score a fourth.

The Germans must have eased off then, it took them almost three minutes to score the fifth.

3 goals in less than 3 minutes :D

The fourth goal was just an embarrassment really (well they all were, but that one in particular got me). Like Fernandinho thought the Germans were just going to lay off for a minute.

BsIpXgMIQAAMkrc.jpg

:D :D

Yeah, English media.

Hummels: I Can't imagine i said "we agreed a pact Not to humiliate Brasil" or something in that way. It's Not the Way i speak about opponents. "We stayed focussed and didn't want to try to humiliate them" is what i meant (and Said, i hope) Maybe i should take english classes again;)

Archived