Semi Final 1: Brazil V Germany - 21:00 BST

Djstu23

imagens.aspx?nomeArquivo=%5CImageBank%5Ceeba.jpg&tamanho=380

Estadio-Mineirao-Belo-Horizonte.jpg

Venue: Belo Horizonte

Brazil captain Thiago Silva is banned, so Dante will deputise, but they have Luis Gustavo back from suspension.

With Neymar injured, Brazil could field a central midfield three, or else pick an attack-minded replacement such as Willian or Bernard.

Germany coach Joachim Low must decide whether to recall centre-back Per Mertesacker, who was left out against France for tactical reasons.

Low has reported no fresh injury concerns ahead of the match.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Germany clearly favorites but I think Brazil can't be underestimated, despite the lack of the two best players.

The Mexican referee was also chosen because Brazil's FA made pressure to prevent a European one from officiating this game, so who knows how he will behave, I expect him to be bad though, although that might not necessarily benefit Brazil.

Mon Deutschland! One needed ingredient for my dream final: Germany-Oranje. That's not to stick one to the South Americans, but because I live in one country and was born and raised in the other. My two home countries, as it were.

Always assumed Thiago Silva was a decent guy before this World Cup but he comes across as a massive ****** now. The hypocrisy of him calling the tackle on Neymar a coward's challenge after the awful tackles he's been guilty of this tournament. Don't like Germany but hope they smash Brazil.

I doubt any Brazilian player would have said something different under the same circumstances (being captain in a World Cup). He is probably just saying what the Brazilian FA told him to say and the squad in general look bitter.

I expect Brazil to lose. I think Neymar and Thiago out make the squad much weaker.

About Silva, he was right. I didn´t see him playing his knee full power in anyone´s back this tournament, and, tbf, haven´t seen him being more violent than any central defender who played in this WC.

Germany are the only semi convincing team left in this tournament to me, and I expect them to win this match. Far more undecided on the other semi final...

Although many people seem to want Brazil vs Argentina or Germany vs Netherlands, I think the best final would be Germany vs Argentina.

No Brazil in the final means the referee is more likely to be fair, Argentina in the final means Messi can finally have the chance to win the World Cup too. And both Germany and Argentina haven't won the World Cup in a long time and have played two WCs finals before, so that would make the game even more interesting.

This will be the match that an entire country will hate Neymar and Thiago Silva if they lose

Which country will hate Neymar and Thiago Silva?

If you mean Brazil, I think people will just hate those on the pitch and Scolari, but not Neymar and most likely not Thiago Silva.

Plus Riots on the Streets

The defeat itself wouldn't cause riots, the national team isn't that important to cause more than memes, insults and such.

What could happen is that if there are riots, the press will pay more attention to them as the World Cup will be over (who cares about the other teams?). But with the WC so close to ending, I doubt any riots will even happen from now on.

More likely they resume after the WC is over and when the presidential elections (October) are closer.

Pretty much a no-brainer this:

Brazil - Germany, June 6th 1965, Maracana, 2-0

Brazil - Germany, December 14th 1968, Maracana, 1-1

Brazil - Germany, June 12th 1977, Maracana, 1-1

Brazil - Germany, March 21th 1982, Maracana, 1-0

Brazil - Germany, December 12th 1987, Estádio Mané Garrincha 1-1

Brazil - Germany, December 16th 1992, Estádio Beira-Rio, 3-1

So Germany haven't won a single time in Brazil or the other way 'round: Brazil haven't lost a match against Germany at home.

Additionally the year Brazil last lost a match on home soil, nobody had climbed Peter Jackson's The Two Towers yet, Championship Manager was neither 2d nor 3d but all text -- and Turkey was a semi final side in the World Cup. Germany must hang all their hope on shortly retired Switzerland manager Hitzfeld, who has a Maths degree and once was quoted as saying: "Football is no Maths." That is no statistics either, then. :-P

So Germany haven't won a single time in Brazil or the other way 'round: Brazil haven't lost a match against Germany at home.

You realise none of the players from 1982, 1987 or even 1992 are playing now, right

Additionally the year Brazil last lost a match on home soil, nobody had climbed Peter Jackson's The Two Towers yet, Championship Manager was neither 2d nor 3d but all text -- and Turkey was a semi final side in the World Cup. Germany must hang all their hope on shortly retired Switzerland manager Hitzfeld, who has a Maths degree and once was quoted as saying: "Football is no Maths." That is no statistics either, then. :-P

That is more due to Brazil never playing at home, besides the World Cup qualifiers, than being unbeatable.

Germany clearly favorites but I think Brazil can't be underestimated, despite the lack of the two best players.

The Mexican referee was also chosen because Brazil's FA made pressure to prevent a European one from officiating this game, so who knows how he will behave, I expect him to be bad though, although that might not necessarily benefit Brazil.

Can they do that? Legally, I mean.

Brazil: Júlio César; Maicon, Dante, David Luiz (captain), Marcelo; Luiz Gustavo, Fernandinho, Hulk, Oscar, Bernard; Fred.

Germany: Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Hummels, Höwedes; Khedira, Schweinsteiger; Müller, Kroos, Özil; Klose

OMG is Neymar dead???
Has Neymar died or something? Blown well over the top if you ask me.

Yes, so pathetic how Brazil's national team and some fans have been reacting.

Archived