[FM14]: Arab Money

So I got creative, and thinking about FFP and Xavi's proposed move to Qatar and their bid for the world cup and I tried to imagine what would happen if the Arabs made a play for world football in a big way by bankrolling their clubs and competitions to a Manchester City level.

Through the magic of Football Manager Editor I've made an Arab money set of files; essentially over the first few years of your game the clubs from Qatar, UAE, Jordan, Oman, Saudi and Bahrain will accumulate wealth very quickly and begin making bids for European players, youth prospects etc. Their leagues are also playable in this update, and have high reps, because I was bored of playing entirely in Europe where every league is more or less the same. Would anyone be interested in trying this out? It's still a work in progress. I've holidayed 3 years in and things do get quite interesting as the European clubs attempt to reinvest the money the Arabs pay for their talent.

The challenge is two sided: do you manage in Asia and compete with everyone else for every talent going? Scouting etc becomes incredibly important.

Or do you manage in Europe and try to keep your talent close to home. And hope your chairman doesn't see dollar signs.

New link for updated version: http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/55275796/file.html

Have you had any issues with regens and dual nationalities? most gulf countries are very protective over their nationality and even if a child is born there, he will not gain citizenship. Usually only the influential businessmen and talented athletes acquired from overseas in their teenage years are given the passport in recognition of their 'service' to the country or in exchange for loyalty to the country in sport.

Have you had any issues with regens and dual nationalities? most gulf countries are very protective over their nationality and even if a child is born there, he will not gain citizenship. Usually only the influential businessmen and talented athletes acquired from overseas in their teenage years are given the passport in recognition of their 'service' to the country or in exchange for loyalty to the country in sport.

On the contrary, the gulf states are "poaching" young Brazilian or Argentinian talent in order to use them for the national team.

On the contrary, the gulf states are "poaching" young Brazilian or Argentinian talent in order to use them for the national team.

Good, that's how it 'should' be. At least mirroring real life. In my FM2014 game I had a regen that was Qatar/Colombia. Possible, of course, but it made me wonder about the game mechanics.

Got your twitter message but I'm not sure what it is you're looking for help with? What are you stuck with?

I accidentally deleted the AFC Champions League and want to create a new league to replace it with. I tried creating a gulf champions league, but it didn't work, since it seems to be pulling teams from their respective leagues therefore leaving those leagues short. How can I either a) restore the AFC league or b) create a new one.

The other question I have which is rather more pressing is that despite my teams all having high reps, big budgets etc, no decent staff want to manage here. How can I change that? I also changed country rep etc.

Finally got everything working. This is the challenge to end all challenges if you decide to stay in Europe folks. If people want the final copy il up it later tonight. I dunno what interest has been like so far.

I also boosted the youth ratings of lots of other countries to make the scouting element of the challenge a little bit better, in the first few games i played with this DB, there simply weren't enough quality players for the extra ~50 clubs demanding talent.

Which team has the biggest fan base and stadium expansion capacity?

Are they all silly rich like Man City etc?

Varies. Compared to Europe they are rich, but they are competing against each other, therefore it somewhat becomes irrelevant and comes down more to good scouting. Check the screens above. The stadiums all start off small (~15k).

The richer they are, the greater the challenge to manage in a European or South American side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started playing the game and i like it a lot however on 13th December 2014 the game crashes and cannot continue. I have saved the day before to try and push through however there is no getting past it :( I am currently playing in the Kuwait league with Jahra and doing quite well with all that Arab Gold being thrown around!

• 3 months later...

Very much so. I dont know if theres an option for it, but perhaps something where the teams start off fairly normal, but with a HIGH chance of being bought by Tycoons? Gives a more natural and realistic flow into Middle East? Or is it just assuming they all have rich arab owners?

Either way, very interested!

I think getting the balance right is key, there was a US edit where the teams were richer but not insane (30m budget max) and there rep was enough to attract lower prem players rather than world beaters, gave the save more scope IMO. Would be good if the edit also included some sort of global champions league which you could enter into.

Archived