Semi-Finals Match 2: The Netherlands vs Argentina - Wed July9th, 9pm BST

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going off one match??? They struggled against Algeria the round before last :D I still think they'll win probs, but now suddenly everyone is championing them after that one match.

No I am saying they will win easy as they are far better than both these teams playing tonight, add to that they have the extra rest and they do not start a game looking for penalties.

Going off one match??? They struggled against Algeria the round before last :D I still think they'll win probs, but now suddenly everyone is championing them after that one match.

You're forgetting how well they did against Portugal too...

Algeria played really well, bit crap to put them down like that.

But whilst Germany struggled v Algeria, they also hit form v France and Brazil and Portugal... Netherlands have had one good game. Argentina haven't had a single good game yet :D

You're forgetting how well they did against Portugal too...

Algeria played really well, bit crap to put them down like that.

But whilst Germany struggled v Algeria, they also hit form v France and Brazil and Portugal... Netherlands have had one good game. Argentina haven't had a single good game yet :D

Portugal were dire, France never turned up like they had in their previous matches. Germany are the favourites of course, but I wouldn't discount either of these two teams when they make the final.

Well it'll be interesting to see pens now with Cillissen staying on this time.

Was thinking that. Could backfire for the Dutch in a round about way and give the argies a bit more confidence.

Portugal were dire, France never turned up like they had in their previous matches. Germany are the favourites of course, but I wouldn't discount either of these two teams when they make the final.

You make it sound like Germany are lucky to be in the final, they outplayed all teams they have met, yes they struggled against Algeria but they still had a lot of shots on goal and on another night could have scored a couple.

Germany have been easily the best team in the competition and even though Brazil were not good last night it was Germany's play that put them to the sword.

If Germany had met either of these 2 teams tonight in the semi I would expect them to have also scored 2 or 3 in the first half and made them come forward instead of holding back for penalties.

You make it sound like Germany are lucky to be in the final, they outplayed all teams they have met, yes they struggled against Algeria but they still had a lot of shots on goal and on another night could have scored a couple.

Germany have been easily the best team in the competition and even though Brazil were not good last night it was Germany's play that put them to the sword.

If Germany had met either of these 2 teams tonight in the semi I would expect them to have also scored 2 or 3 in the first half and made them come forward instead of holding back for penalties.

Where have I stated any of that??? I don't think anything I put wasn't in question tbf. Where in any of my posts have I even hinted that they are lucky to be in the final???? Think you need to get the reading goggles on mate.

Where have I stated any of that??? I don't think anything I put wasn't in question tbf. Where in any of my posts have I even hinted that they are lucky to be in the final???? Think you need to get the reading goggles on mate.

Your wording certainly suggests that you believe Portugal lost because they were as opposed to Germany being great (your focus on the negative of "Portugal were dire" suggests this) and "France didn't turn up" is much the same - more a case of France not turning up giving Germany the win rather than Germany being too good...

You don't make it sound like Germany got lucky, but your post certainly suggested that you don't think Germany have faced much of a challenge at all yet.

Archived