Quarter Finals - Argentina vs Belgium (17:00 BST) & Holland vs Costa Rica (21:00 BST)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They were saying on the Guardian that after the Mexico game van Gaal was referring to himself in the 3rd person "did you see what van Gaal did, he gave tactical instructions during the water break"

He's an arrogant ballbag tbf.

He'll no doubt say HE won the penalty shootout :rolleyes:

Credit for the goalkeeping coach Frans Hoek. :thup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frans_Hoek

Frans Hoek (born 17 October 1956) is a Dutch former goalkeeper and current chief goalkeeping coach at Manchester United F.C. and the Netherlands national football team, under manager Louis van Gaal.[2] Hoek played for more than a decade at FC Volendam and later went to work as a goalkeeping coach at football clubs including AFC Ajax, FC Barcelona, FC Bayern Munich and Manchester United, and the Dutch and Polish national teams. He has worked with goalkeepers including Edwin van der Sar, Stanley Menzo, Víctor Valdés, Vítor Baía, Pepe Reina, Robert Enke, Łukasz Fabiański, Thomas Kraft, Manuel Neuer, Michel Vorm and David de Gea.[1] Hoek is widely regarded as one of world football's best goalkeeping mentors.[3][4][5][6]

And he's not even arrived yet :lol:

You know he'll make a slightly unusual sub in one game and the commentators will just bristle with joy at how they can mention that 'he's done it before'. Like Mourinho bringing 3 subs on at half time that one time (they lost IIRC and finished the game with 10 men due to injury? :D Not sure, like to think that happened though :p) ... anytime Chelsea look ropey we have a 'Mourinho won't wait ... we've seen it, WE'VE SEEN IT BEFORE'!!!

Behave :D

He acted like a **** but gotta give Krul credit for the saves.

Well, it's true... the CRC penalties weren't that great.

Obviously credit to Krul for doing a great job, but I think it would have worked out well regardless of it being Krul or Cillessen...

Well, it's true... the CRC penalties weren't that great.

Obviously credit to Krul for doing a great job, but I think it would have worked out well regardless of it being Krul or Cillessen...

They were about as good as it gets for penalties that were saved.

Credit to Cillesen for the way he took the decision to take him off, acted like a pro throughout the penalty shootout. :thup:

Can't have done his confidence all that good mind.

Costa Rica players should be praised for the way they went straight over to the Dutch after the last penalty. :thup:

Germany the only team I don't dislike left in the tournament, so COME ON GERMANY.

Said Argentina before the tournament, hope I'm wrong :D

My bet on Argentina lives on, added Messi as the top scorer though and that's not looking likely whether Argentina win it or not.

I reckon a Germany vs Netherlands final atm.

My bet on Argentina lives on, added Messi as the top scorer though and that's not looking likely whether Argentina win it or not.

I reckon a Germany vs Netherlands final atm.

I have Muller as the top scorer and Germany to win the WC, a slim chance but still a chance I guess.

Archived