Quarter Finals - France vs Germany (17:00 BST) & Brazil vs Colombia (21:00 BST)

gillsminnow

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's handled Messi a few times, I'm sure they'll forgive a mistake today.

Think you must be one of the few who doesn't think Varane is one of the world's best, you surely can't be a big La Liga watcher if you think so.

He's not even as good as Pepe at this point, or at least Carlo Ancelotti doesn't think so.

Very disappointing game in the end.

France could have scored three or four goals but unfortunately they wasted them. Substitutions were poor and the lack of urgency was even poorer.

Germany deserved winners. Hummels was near unbeatable today.

He's not even as good as Pepe at this point, or at least Carlo Ancelotti doesn't think so.

I was going to suggest this but EUH isn't for listening I'm afraid :D He's stuck behind Sergio Ramos and PEPE. I'll trust the best coach in football's opinion more tbh.

Disgraceful performance from the French

Made poor by Germany. Germany did not dominate, but they easily controlled the game.

German defenders brilliant by almost everytime clear the ball to a team mate, not loosing ball in own half etc. Very well played and extremely hard to outplay a team with such deffensive skills and discipline :)

Well, that was the first real stinker of the tournament. Even Russia vs. South Korea had an intensity to it. I thought the French were just physically exhausted, but the way they livened up for the last ten minutes suggests that was Deschamps's plan all along. Keep it tight for 75/80 minutes, don't let the Germans break on you, and then have a go. Crazy stuff at this level.

every time Lawrenson or Lineker say "The Germans" it just sounds like an episode of Dad's Army :lol:

they will be vomitting if Germany go all the way and lift the trophy, Lineker could hardly say their name earlier

Oezil the invisible man. Hasn't done anything of note in 5 starts or something this tournament :lol:

How he continues to be an automatic inclusion considering the talent around him...

e: Oh wait he scored an open goal in the Algeria game, my bad.

He's not a wide man, kinda easy to understand mate.

Kroos has been even more invisible and he is playing in his natural position.

still think France missed Ribery in this competition, he could have helped them like Robben has for Holland

of course it could have gone the other way but you'd think he's not that stupid

I was going to suggest this but EUH isn't for listening I'm afraid :D He's stuck behind Sergio Ramos and PEPE. I'll trust the best coach in football's opinion more tbh.

Not sure Carlo even thinks that, Varane had some pretty serious injury problems which forced his hand. We'll see next season...

every time Lawrenson or Lineker say "The Germans" it just sounds like an episode of Dad's Army :lol:

they will be vomitting if Germany go all the way and lift the trophy, Lineker could hardly say their name earlier

The massive chip they have on Germany being far superior is always great.

Well, that was the first real stinker of the tournament. Even Russia vs. South Korea had an intensity to it. I thought the French were just physically exhausted, but the way they livened up for the last ten minutes suggests that was Deschamps's plan all along. Keep it tight for 75/80 minutes, don't let the Germans break on you, and then have a go. Crazy stuff at this level.

Nigeria vs Iran says hello :D

still think France missed Ribery in this competition, he could have helped them like Robben has for Hollandof course it could have gone the other way but you'd think he's not that stupid
Doubt this very much. When did Ribéry have a good tournament? Hasn't helped them in the past. Another overrated player

If history is repeating itself today, the Brazil match goes down to penalties with the hosts winning.

I do wonder if Colombia would have been better or worse a team if Falcao was there. Maybe anyone who watched their qualifiers with him might be able to give their 10 cents.

Archived